Neutrals who are you supporting in the GF?

Who do you want to win the 2017 AFL grand final?

• Adelaide

Votes: 480 67.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 228 32.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well after watching 50 hours of supposedly national footy coverage this week I finally found out who Richmond are playing in the GF by turning off and doing some detective work. For those of you who haven't taken the trouble to tune into 5AA or read the Advertiser, its actually Adelaide! Who would have known?

I am supporting Adelaide because the narrative around their story is so compelling. They have had to fight so hard - their coach was murdered, their best player was snatched, their ruckman's brother died on the eve of the finals. Its been such a long time since we had an actual inspirational story of triumph over adversity in a GF. And not only that, the individual life stories of guys like Eddie Betts are just so fascinating. The Adelaide Crows story of getting to the 2017 GF is the footy fairytale of our generation.

If you are not hoping for a Crows win, then that is just like shooting Bambi or hoping the house breakers win in Home Alone.

Neutrals supporting the other mob are just bad people.

If it wasn't for the 37 year drought I'd be definitely be behind Adelaide but that counterracrts it a bit for me. But Adelaide just for the reasons you listed, but wouldn't mind either result. Crows probably have a better chance to rebound and challenge next year though.

Don't mind either team to be honest. I've always had a soft spot for the Crows, and if the Tigers get up it will be a great story, sooo.... go football?

Adelaide up and down.

Have family over from SA who are die hard Crows fans but more importantly I can't lose another team from the long ass drought club.

Next year it'd be only St Kilda and Melbourne fans sitting there dreaming

Adelaide since Richmond were gifted their Grand Final berth by umpires who tried to even up the free kick count in the fourth quarter to dismiss such claims.

Plus the fact that Trent Cotchin will be let off with two strikes to his name already all because it's the Grand Final.

I think the Crows are in for a tough time with the umpires next week so hopefully they can overcome it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Neutrals who are you supporting in the GF?

Back