Opinion New AFC HQ: We're on like Donkey Kong!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The winning Tender is the best outcome for the State.

The overblown review is about Mali's ego. Especially if it is overturned.

Yeah would be great for our Club, but this kind of s**t happened a bit under Weatherill.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Given how crooked the Marshall Government was this decision had to be reviewed. Hopefully the review gets to the real point and that is who stood to benefit most by allowing the Victorian developers to proceed with a development that certainly does not appear to be in our States best interest.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given how crooked the Marshall Government was this decision had to be reviewed. Hopefully the review gets to the real point and that is who stood to benefit most by allowing the Victorian developers to proceed with a development that certainly does not appear to be in our States best interest.

On what basis is it not in the states best interest?

Its a bit amazing when a Govt is considered crooked for not doing something that would have been politically motivated.

The AFC bid at Brompton was not even close to meeting the previous frame of reference. It came well down the list of proposals for both its content, detail and meeting of criteria. The winner was chosen on those grounds alone, that included ignoring the state of ownership of the tenderer. No review will change that result, unless the new government changes the terms of reference in favour of the AFCs proposal.

The AFC bid at Brompton was not even close to meeting the previous frame of reference. It came well down the list of proposals for both its content, detail and meeting of criteria. The winner was chosen on those grounds alone, that included ignoring the state of ownership of the tenderer. No review will change that result, unless the new government changes the terms of reference in favour of the AFCs proposal.
Didn't they release the weightings?

Don't get me wrong, I'd have loved Brompton (less than the aquatic centre site) but outside that its hard to argue with the outcome (although as I've said before, move to hear what local residents think)

Silvers spoke at a lunch I was at before the GCS game, and it seemed pretty clear that Thebarton was the expected outcome, but there was a lot of complications they were looking to solve.

It did seem like others really wanted us there too - presumably the Council.

jenny61_99 was there too and may remember.

Silvers spoke at a lunch I was at before the GCS game, and it seemed pretty clear that Thebarton was the expected outcome, but there was a lot of complications they were looking to solve.

It did seem like others really wanted us there too - presumably the Council.

jenny61_99 was there too and may remember.

Thebarton has a parasite problem and unless that is sorted out then moving there is going to be a terrible idea.

So unless they can find a way to get rid of the SANDFULL it will end up being a disaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Adelaide but seriously - the biggest sporting club in the state needs a new home and we can’t find a single decent location?

I’m living in Brisbane so looking at it from afar but why aren’t councils/private landowners & developers jumping at a chance to partner with us?

I love Adelaide but seriously - the biggest sporting club in the state needs a new home and we can’t find a single decent location?

I’m living in Brisbane so looking at it from afar but why aren’t councils/private landowners & developers jumping at a chance to partner with us?
Because there is a shitload more money to be made building apartments, childcare centers, retail strips, etc.

If Thebarton falls through, we will probably be forced into an Adelaide United style setup a long way out of the city.

Because there is a shitload more money to be made building apartments, childcare centers, retail strips, etc.

If Thebarton falls through, we will probably be forced into an Adelaide United style setup a long way out of the city.
That appears to be the issue doesn't it.

We want close to the city, not exactly large swathes of unused land just sitting around (ignoring the under utilised parklands)

Or just stay at West Lakes.

Surrounding area will be quite nice by the end of this year.

No need to rush into a heavily compromised location.

That appears to be the issue doesn't it.

We want close to the city, not exactly large swathes of unused land just sitting around (ignoring the under utilised parklands)
I don't understand why it needs to be near the city.

There will never be after match functions at any clubrooms.

Hosting AFLW/SANFL games does not need to be near the city.

Anywhere within a 10km radius of the city should be fine.

It feels like they are attached to the idea since the Aquatic Centre.

Feels time to just find a good spot regardless of the location.

I mean there are plenty of spots at the McLaren Vale, would help get the Chardy.

10km from the city is actually quite close. West Lakes is 14km.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back