Opinion New AFC HQ (Part 2): We're on like Donkey Kong!

Remove this Banner Ad

The SANFL are just getting the oval and as someone else said they're using the land on the western side for the development.

The eastern side where we are currently is being knocked down and appears to be going to be used for housing.
Does the sanfl own the oval and surrounding land?

Nah .....all clubs have great facilities now

You're severely overrating this compromised development ......will have zero impact on player attraction ....zero

I go to the bombers hangar new development a lot .....equal, if not better than this development .....it's a souless facility , half the time the cafe is closed
The Hangar is right near Tullamarine.

Absolutely zero people would go there if they didn't have to. The trip to Melbourne airport completely sucks.

Thebarton is actually pretty central for a lot of people (and they still probably won't go).

Based on the squealing around the SANFL using the ground less than us, there's zero chance the oval would be anything other than green space, even if we did leave it empty. The building on the other hand, probably still has a bit of value. The SANFL, however don't seem to want it since they're building on land they own on the other side of the oval (other side of the street even).

I reckon there was a guarantee as part of the original West Lakes land sale that we got the building value back as we had not long before completed our upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty sure they have organised some bunnings sausage sizzles too.
Thats where the money is

rapper-lil-wayne-throwing-money-money-money-8aokh1owzr7gelq8.gif

Start the motors. Hopefully work starts next week. Will Olsen and roo be shoveling some dirt?

Generally speaking large construction projects start with a gold plated shovel turning a small mound of dirt trucked in for the occasion, held by either the politician or C-suite member who wanted the photo op.

At the opposite end, when a building is structurally complete (but usually long before internal fit out is finished), the same people (or whomever has been elected/appointed since it started) cart a tree to the roof of said building for a 'topping out' ceremony and photo op.

Traditions.

Start the motors. Hopefully work starts next week. Will Olsen and roo be shoveling some dirt?
I expect it to be 3-4 weeks away.
Adelaide Footy League using it for umpires training ground through finals (CBC's ground is having some works done, so they moved)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The heritage stand currently named the Phil Ridings Stand - rename it The West Torrens Stand. Some information/art etc could be displayed on this Stand as a tribute to the past.

A great video clip. He was my old man’s favourite player as well. Many of the kids growing up in the western suburbs in the late 50’s and 60’s would’ve had the number 17 on their back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion New AFC HQ (Part 2): We're on like Donkey Kong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back