New Div Three Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, surprised to see we're making this much conversation. Rest assured that this is not an all Asian club, that's definitely not the concept around it, someone said before it's about opening doors and paving ways for more people to enjoy this great game. Let's leave out the big R word, it's a very strong word. I'm a senior member of the club and have my worries about the onfield drama or off field drama that MAY follow, but SFL has given us a chance to have a go so we're grateful and look for your support. Injury Prone, if you like fried rice, ( most of us can pronouce it and speak quiet normally ) pls stay after the game against us and enjoy some in our club rooms!!! Best served with a cold beer...

Good luck for 2009 everyone and hope we all enjoy our footy!!!:thumbsu:

Hi guys, surprised to see we're making this much conversation. Rest assured that this is not an all Asian club, that's definitely not the concept around it, someone said before it's about opening doors and paving ways for more people to enjoy this great game. Let's leave out the big R word, it's a very strong word. I'm a senior member of the club and have my worries about the onfield drama or off field drama that MAY follow, but SFL has given us a chance to have a go so we're grateful and look for your support. Injury Prone, if you like fried rice, ( most of us can pronouce it and speak quiet normally ) pls stay after the game against us and enjoy some in our club rooms!!! Best served with a cold beer...

JP - Awesome brother. Good Luck

PS. JP - You guys having a launch??? I and others would probably show up to have a beer and a look see.

Good on ya JP, good luck to ya during 09 .....:D

about a launch, no idea, have a young bloke at home nowadays so matters of the club I have been out of the loop, but will keep everyone posted!!! This soak should be good for the up coming season....:)

They were known as The Dragons the last couple of seasons in the VAFA.

As someone who played against them, let me assure everyone that they were an absolute credit to themselves on and off the field. Predominantly asian players who had a fair dinkum crack at it. They just loved their footy - and that folks is a magnificent thing.

All wearing what looked like compulsory pre-game uniforms, turned up looking for a good game and played it hard and fair - just like any other side. There were some damn good footballers in there.

It will only take your side to play its first game against them for everyone to get behind them. Good luck JP.

Good to see everyone so interested in the new team.
We're going by the name 'The Dragons' (official name - you just have to wait and see)- yes we're a majority of asian players (LOL we're what you would call banana's - yellow on the outside white on the inside) but everyone is welcome to the club. The basis of this is to try give the opportunity to new players who have never played footy before. Alot of the guys as mentioned have played alot of footy in different comps over the years and myself i have played over in Perth in the WAFL and played with Salesians in the VAFA league.

I can assure everyone the dragons will be here for a while. We have great numbers at training, we're averaging around 40 players every night. The only problem we are having at the moment is trying to give everyone a game. Good luck to the coaches!

The decision to move leagues wasnt an easy one but it was something we had to do for the longevity of the club. We wanted to be known as The Dragons and not a team under the BoxHill banner. So the move to the SFL so far has been an easy transition and we are hoping to have some competitive games with you boyz and not just filling in numbers.

i think it is really good news. Clubs coming into the SFL and not leaving, as long as they have some infrastructure to survive, is always good news, who gives a toss what they look like.

Is the SFL actually going to annouce anything any time soon?
Its a month away from the start of the season and we don't even know the fixture yet.:mad:

Really its just not good enough. Poor form SFL.:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to keep in touch boys, the Presidents were told 3 weeks and the Skippers and Coaches last night, fixtures have also been advised to Presidents all that has to happen is the name needs to be ratified. Probably when name is ratified the website will be updated who knows. Keep up boys. Our players were told 3 weeks ago by our club Pres.

You need to keep in touch boys, the Presidents were told 3 weeks and the Skippers and Coaches last night, fixtures have also been advised to Presidents all that has to happen is the name needs to be ratified. Probably when name is ratified the website will be updated who knows. Keep up boys. Our players were told 3 weeks ago by our club Pres.
Well it would be nice if we knew when we're gonna start and when we can plan holidays etc.
But it is the SFL so you wouldn't really expect any better. I guess they're probably thinking that we don't need to know until the thursday before the game. I wonder if any other league in melbourne would put themselves in this position so close to the start of the season.

Well it would be nice if we knew when we're gonna start and when we can plan holidays etc.
But it is the SFL so you wouldn't really expect any better. I guess they're probably thinking that we don't need to know until the thursday before the game. I wonder if any other league in melbourne would put themselves in this position so close to the start of the season.

MOC your always whinging about the SFL, i'll give you a tip plan your holidays in september cause you guys will choke again like you have the last 2 seasons.

Absolute rubbish....it was a "this is going to happen" 3 weeks ago and nothing has happened. At the coaches meeting last night the fixture was not given out and who ever told you this is full of crap....my choke gag reflexes are going in to overdrive reading this tripe.

Wonky, not according to our President, they apparently met collectively at end of meeting with SFL and were told and the new team fills the bye in 3rd div. How easy is that you NEGATIVE moron.

Wonky, not according to our President, they apparently met collectively at end of meeting with SFL and were told and the new team fills the bye in 3rd div. How easy is that you NEGATIVE moron.
Yeah no worries if the new team fills the bye (except we don't know where we are playing). But that means we have 19 games straight with no break during the season.
Do you think that thats the way its going to be? I wouldn't think so you MORON!!! :rolleyes:
Everyone can see that the fixture needs to be revised before the start of the season, whether that be simply remove the last game and have the queens b'day off, or completely redo the fixture is up to the SFL and I wouldn't think that teams can just guess what the SFL is going to do.

Again ill informed, Our President was told that the bye is now on over the Queens Birthday and the new team will fill the bye during the year. The new club apparently is sorting out it's official name and fixture will be chnaged once that is announced. Hardly the fault of them nor the SFL if your club President doesn't tell you. Even our Coach explained to us last night what was going on. Get with it slow boys..

Again ill informed, Our President was told that the bye is now on over the Queens Birthday and the new team will fill the bye during the year. The new club apparently is sorting out it's official name and fixture will be chnaged once that is announced. Hardly the fault of them nor the SFL if your club President doesn't tell you. Even our Coach explained to us last night what was going on. Get with it slow boys..

Thanks Wayne...James05 is just spruiking what he has been told and obviously wasn't at any of the meetings coz he is wrong. All that has been said is that the new side, name to be announce as the new team wanted to be the ones to "unfurl" their new club (and fair enough) had been accepted and would take the place in the fixture of the byes. They still have not released the fixture which is poor form in my view. Cannizo says that the only weekend off now will be the Queens Birthday weekend. As has been said by most, not knowing the fixture this close to the season is extremely poor form by the SFL and they need to look a whole lot more proffesional but unfortunately compared to other leagues our administrators often fail to reach the average standard.

James05 your knowledge of what goes on can be excused because you get your info from others and don't find out yourself. I'm sure not your only character flaw as per your witty "OH YEAH" reply to my thread....!!!

Thanks Wayne...James05 is just spruiking what he has been told and obviously wasn't at any of the meetings coz he is wrong. All that has been said is that the new side, name to be announce as the new team wanted to be the ones to "unfurl" their new club (and fair enough) had been accepted and would take the place in the fixture of the byes. They still have not released the fixture which is poor form in my view. Cannizo says that the only weekend off now will be the Queens Birthday weekend. As has been said by most, not knowing the fixture this close to the season is extremely poor form by the SFL and they need to look a whole lot more proffesional but unfortunately compared to other leagues our administrators often fail to reach the average standard.

James05 your knowledge of what goes on can be excused because you get your info from others and don't find out yourself. I'm sure not your only character flaw as per your witty "OH YEAH" reply to my thread....!!!
ha ha its great viewing reading the shit stirring thats going back and forth boys but on a different topic definately agree with your attitude towards the SFL, have always been behind when it comes to getting their shit together...they really do need to have a good hard look at their set up. i regulary speek to people from other leagues and they are shocked at how un organised it is as a whole....but hey after so many years i suppose ya get used to it...:cool::cool::cool::thumbsdown:

Boys we might just be a lucky club that has a President that passes on all the info to all it's members we have known about this for 4 weeks now and the Coaches have also. Our President got the slight changes due to the new club replacing the bye and according to SFL they are waiting for new clubs ground confirmation. Probably easier to be critical of the League than your own club's inability to communicate. Cheerio

Hi guys, our ground has been finalised although we wont get our first run on there until next week. The club will be based in clayton and we'll have access to the junior side but at the moment they only go up to under 16's so a couple more years before they start filtering through.

The team is really looking forward to the start of the season. Hopefully our first game will be a home game!

Remove this Banner Ad

New Div Three Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back