New Div Three Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, our ground has been finalised although we wont get our first run on there until next week. The club will be based in clayton and we'll have access to the junior side but at the moment they only go up to under 16's so a couple more years before they start filtering through.

The team is really looking forward to the start of the season. Hopefully our first game will be a home game!

Good News Wok...

Who are you playing in a practice match next Friday night 3/4/2009 at Springvale Dist?

Post the starting times and who you are playing and I would say there would be plenty of people who will come and have a look.

there are a few teams at the moment but havent had a chance to catch up on the news. Will keep you posted on any praccy matches, i think there will be a game this Sat... where/when/who not too sure yet

Morning fellas,
the team was officially announced last night. We will be known as the Southern Dragons - we have 2 byes. The first is on the anzac day weekend as we were going to play cerebus but the navy boys have that weeekend off.

We have our first hit out against Clayton this weekend at their oval so will be a good indication where we're at the moment.

Morning fellas,
the team was officially announced last night. We will be known as the Southern Dragons - we have 2 byes. The first is on the anzac day weekend as we were going to play cerebus but the navy boys have that weeekend off.

We have our first hit out against Clayton this weekend at their oval so will be a good indication where we're at the moment.

Good luck and dont get squashed by big Rich. If he's coming at you hard, it aint weak to step aside and say "There ya go big fella".....it's common sense...LOL

How will the Dragons fare this season? Do u think they will be competitive? How have they gone in their practice matches? Wish them well in their first season in the SFL.

i think we'll do ok, we're not sure what the comp is like so its hard to say. First game against Mt Waverley will give us a fair idea how we are travelling. We've played a praccy match against clayton last week and have had a few intra club matches.

Still getting more players signing up which is a great thing as there will be competition for spots. 2 more weeks to the first bounce, cant wait!!

I hear the Dragons have indicated to the SFL that they are interested in putting out a third side this year in Clubbies. Any club with that sort of depth will go well in my opinion. Good for the SFL to bring in the 70-80 odd new guys this club will bring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I play for the Dovey Eagles-Club 18, we played the Southern Dragons a few weeks back.

One of their players said that only '3' of them had ever played footy before :eek:

It was funny to see one of their players try to fly kick one of our players hahaha.

One of their players tried marking the ball in the wet, arms extended, straight through the hands and into the face :D Gave everyone a good laugh.

Goodluck Dragons, look forward to playing ya's again :thumbsu:

Cheltenham have added a side as well. They beat Sandown by about 10 goals I think.

Premiership contenders along with Mount Waverly.

Hopefully Sandown and Doveton can add a bit of competition for the two.

Lyndale have also added a side.

Was wondering if the Southern Dragons are still taking new players, especially someone who haven't really played footy before. I'd really like to get into playing some footy and I reckon this club would be a good place to start.

Cheltenham have added a side as well. They beat Sandown by about 10 goals I think.

Premiership contenders along with Mount Waverly.

Hopefully Sandown and Doveton can add a bit of competition for the two.

Lyndale have also added a side.

Well done to Sandown getting 3 teams on the park great effort when you think they had no players last year 2008 when they appointed a new Coach he built them up from the ground up and moved on does anyone know where he is coaching these days?

HI RaZoRBlad3,
yeah definately, new players are still turning up to each training sessions.
The aim of our club is to give guys an opportunity to play footy each weekend. You will be defiantely welcome if you want to turn up. If you need details PM me or otherwise we train at Keeley Park - Clayton South Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30 but alot of guys turn up early.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Div Three Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back