News New Jumpers for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Jumpers for 2011

GC logo ruins it

Totally agree. I also don't like the mix of red and yellow cuffs. Remove the logo and make the cuffs one colour (either one) and you've got a half decent jumper.....sort of!

That logo really is hideous isnt it?!

GC logo ruins it

I agree the logo is not flash, but what about just the GC outside of the circle?

I only say this because the circle around the two letters is the bit that is throwing me.

Thoughts guys??

i think its that stupid white glow bit in the middle that look bad, get rid off all the red stripes from the middle and just have a solid colour

The photo doesn't show it, but the gradient is ever so slightly in there, just nowhere near as visible as the Reebok sketch. The red is much stronger in the actual jumper and the "sun" in the GC logo isn't quite as pronounced. The HostPlus logo is also positioned much lower than in the actual Reebok sketch.

Interesting quick comparison...

Photo0065.jpg
Away%20JumperMain3.jpg
Photo0066.jpg

In the Reebok image, there is a gradient of yellow running through the top and bottom of the wave, but I can't see it anywhere on the real thing. It's particularly evident on the back.

Simpler is good, I suppose.

can i ask what the logo feels like? it is all part of the the screen print? because I've always thought it looks like one of those shiny transfers stuck on the front

can i ask what the logo feels like? it is all part of the the screen print? because I've always thought it looks like one of those shiny transfers stuck on the front

It is just part of the jumper, no stick on/transfer, printed in like the rest

**** me, with the GC in the circle on that jumper with the extra wave, the home jumper with just the GC is gonna look terrible... it wont work like Carlton's does...

**** me, with the GC in the circle on that jumper with the extra wave, the home jumper with just the GC is gonna look terrible... it wont work like Carlton's does...

The operative difference there would be that Carlton has a good logo, while GC does not.

It does, absolutely sh*t. I saw the new home jumper in a sports store the other day and, with just the yellow side panels and logo, is disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does, absolutely sh*t. I saw the new home jumper in a sports store the other day and, with just the yellow side panels and logo, is disgraceful.

The operative difference there would be that Carlton has a good logo, while GC does not.

Agreed guys. Yeah, your right Carlton, as much as I hate them, they ahve one of the best home jumpers going around. Clean, simple and you know who they are. Nice colour scheme.
And, who actually designed it? It's not different like when Port and Freo came into the AFL. GWS isn't all that much better

Not to mention that Carlton's entire identity package is simple, whereas Gold Coast has gradients and bevels and colours and shades up the yin-yang...

Yeah. It's rediculous, the AFL have cocked up on this one. Even West Coast came out with a simple yet, tasteful jumper. All the new clubs, bar the two newest ones have had a great package...

Yeah. It's rediculous, the AFL have cocked up on this one. Even West Coast came out with a simple yet, tasteful jumper. All the new clubs, bar the two newest ones have had a great package...
I don't agree, i think the giant's logo and jumper (the one with grey in it) are among the best in the competition. Can't say the same about the name, but it will grow on us...

Honestly... why didn't Port just take their SANFL jumper and make the half above the prison bars teal?

Apparantly that Is what we suggested however this was not allowed because it still had black and white stripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back