News New Jumpers for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Jumpers for 2011

dab2520d3467852ed6d9796.jpg

http://blacktown-advocate.whereilive.com.au/photos/gallery/giants-training/

Giants training jumper or possible NAB jumber ?
This comment was also on the official giants facebook page
" we have three different jumpers so we'll be having runs with all of them over the next two weeks before unveiling our official club kit at the NAB Cup on Feb 19."

It's hardly the AFL's fault.

Who designs the jumpers and whole package of it then? I thought the AFL would have a say in it all...

I don't agree, i think the giant's logo and jumper (the one with grey in it) are among the best in the competition. Can't say the same about the name, but it will grow on us...

Yeah, your right, looking back it's alright, the second one with the big G in it... still, charcol and orange arn't the greatest colours to mix together. I wasn't around for Port or Freo's introduction, but there colours must have looked silly too then, so maybe ina few years it'll grow - like you said.
And hahaha yeah, it's an odd name but better than the Suns.

dab2520d3467852ed6d9796.jpg

http://blacktown-advocate.whereilive.com.au/photos/gallery/giants-training/

Giants training jumper or possible NAB jumber ?
This comment was also on the official giants facebook page
"we have three different jumpers so we'll be having runs with all of them over the next two weeks before unveiling our official club kit at the NAB Cup on Feb 19."

That jumper looks heaps better than the 'G' jumpers they showed us originally. Traditional designs always look better and I think their shade of orange looks much better in smaller doses. It would also look good with the sky blue replacing the orange for the away jumper as has been mentioned.

The charcoal cuffs make it look much tougher as well.

I hope they keep this one! :thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Personally prefer the mostly grey jumper with the white G. It may not be traditional, but it's the best of the lot so far, and at least it has no gradients.

Who designs the jumpers and whole package of it then? I thought the AFL would have a say in it all...

About as much say in it that they would have is that as long as it doesn't clash with other teams', that's about it.

It's pretty much all up to the Giants and the marketing department.

i though the giants colors would have grown on me by now, but they still seem too have a very dull luster to them and seem to almost be faded. Bolder version of the colors would make it much better in my opinion.

But they don't have a say on the design elements is the point I'm getting at.

But they can certainly say "That's shit, start over". And since they hold the licence, I'm sure they can at least tell the designed what direction to go in.

Wait, what - SILVER, now?

That kit looks terribly unprofessional. Well, that's the way they're going about things afterall.

I have to disagree. I think the two 'G' jumpers would've dated quicksmart whereas the tri-panel design will still look good in years to come. The only thing I might change is the back of the jumper and have charcoal instead of silver, but that's about it.

This was my favourite shot from the link. Izzy makes peach orange look tough! :thumbsu:

2im9mrr.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it's sky blue.

Pale grey makes a lot more sense - the Giants have used it as a secondary colour in a lot of the merch they've currently got on sale.

I actually don't mind the tri-stripe design with the light back, but they could at least switch the orange and charcoal around to make it look slightly less St Kilda.

Took me a good twenty minutes to get through everything on this thread I have missed.

Richmond's green sponsor looks terrible and that GWS jumper doesn't look much better.

Pale grey makes a lot more sense - the Giants have used it as a secondary colour in a lot of the merch they've currently got on sale.

I actually don't mind the tri-stripe design with the light back, but they could at least switch the orange and charcoal around to make it look slightly less St Kilda.

Look at the full view of the picture;
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/3991/dab2520d3467852ed6d9796.jpg
It certainly looks like there is a tinge of blue in there.

Didn't they also say there was going to be a sky blue alt guernsey?

Didn't they also say there was going to be a sky blue alt guernsey?

There was going to be sky blue on the team's away jumper... whether that plan survives is anyone's guess.

(And if what we're seeing here is their idea of sky blue, someone needs to be checked for colour blindness.)

The photoshop test says blue, open up photoshop and get your colour picker and select anywhere on the back of the guernsey, it all comes up with shades of blue. It certainly is a dull blue, this is probably their preliminary away guernsey - to get feedback on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back