News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Adelaide had been killing it with their training guernseys when they were with BLK, big improvement from the Puma guernseys and now a downturn with the ISC ones

Those training guernseys are pretty bad but you know what? I don't care. Outlandish, childish, shitty designs belong on training jumpers. Kids that want something "cool" can get those and they never have to be worn on field, and traditional designs can reign supreme.

Well, in an ideal world anyway.

Fremantle's training guernsey for this season, not sure on it
We're very conservative with training strips but man this is ugly. I'd like us to go all out and go with a pattern (I was a big fan of those geometric Essendon ones a couple of seasons back). It's like... two gradients, some geometric pattern, and the light purple and weird cheapness of the material reminds me of a Bali knock off or one of those really bad Kmart kids shirts.

Also Andonis1997 we'll have to create our own forum. With blackjack. And hookers. Although they're bad options for a serious, full time clash jumper, there is something about them. Good as a training top as it kids will buy them, but even for a pre-season top it's acceptable. It is a total mess: pinstripes that gradient to nothing one way and thin out the other, about four layers of the main elements, but in a weird way it's way better to me than one of the bird head jumpers or even the old murder of crows. It's almost so bad it's good. I'd much rather a club wear that in a game than the Western Bulldogs short lived head-hoop abomination, or whatever else.

Then again I preferred the transformer/Power Ranger over the Hawk-vee clash top. Would rather a team wear something overly stylised and complex than simple but with some hideous, cartoony kids logo. One is bad design and the other looks like an ad for kids jumpers.

Also Andonis1997 we'll have to create our own forum. With blackjack. And hookers. Although they're bad options for a serious, full time clash jumper, there is something about them. Good as a training top as it kids will buy them, but even for a pre-season top it's acceptable. It is a total mess: pinstripes that gradient to nothing one way and thin out the other, about four layers of the main elements, but in a weird way it's way better to me than one of the bird head jumpers or even the old murder of crows. It's almost so bad it's good. I'd much rather a club wear that in a game than the Western Bulldogs short lived head-hoop abomination, or whatever else.
Yes! And marry our cousins!

In all seriousness, exactly right. When all elements are integrated instead of one horrible main feature, it works well. Two negatives make a positive, of course :infodeskperson:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Geelong back. Although iron-on here, looks like the number font won't be changing.

1512084622858.jpg

I have a feeling I will like the white version of Freos training guernsey better, or the green and red ones. (We always seems to do these colours)

The super light purple is just weird too see after years of dark purple.

New Geelong back. Although iron-on here, looks like the number font won't be changing.

1512084622858.jpg
Looks too white - is it missing a hoop with the introduction of the wordmark-only Ford sponsor?

Also Ablett in 4 is just weird as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back