News New Jumpers For 2020 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm still amazed that both GWS and Gold Coast haven't done the Fremantle and Port Adelaide move of changing to good looking traditional designs.

Those two are by far an away the worst designs.

One could argue Gold Coast's is not too dissimilar to Carlton's design (basic colour with club logo on the front).

I don't think GWS' is too bad, but I reckon if they were to go down the traditional path, I reckon a similar template to St Kilda would look pretty cool with the orange, white and charcoal.

I'm still amazed that both GWS and Gold Coast haven't done the Fremantle and Port Adelaide move of changing to good looking traditional designs.

Those two are by far an away the worst designs.

Agree on Gold Coast. Changing now would be earlier than when Freo and Port's made their changes but they really need an overhaul.

GWS, however, can simultaneously be at the bottom of the league in terms of design and still look good - which they do, in my opinion. I don't think they need to change to a traditional design. They basically have the same jumper as Brisbane, except the G is to the left and a little bigger, and the top yoke extends all the way across the back instead of being cut off.

Gold Coast also have a traditional design in that design, but their logo sucks and their kit has no real identity.

One could argue Gold Coast's is not too dissimilar to Carlton's design (basic colour with club logo on the front).

I don't think GWS' is too bad, but I reckon if they were to go down the traditional path, I reckon a similar template to St Kilda would look pretty cool with the orange, white and charcoal.
Yeah, I’ve always liked GWS’ modern Take on a classic yoke design, although it would look infinitely better with a charcoal back and bright orange numbers!

GC on the other hand is horrific and while the concept is similar to Carlton, the execution is way off. Carlton’s jumper works because of the bold emblem and high contrast between it and the navy blue base. GC’s logo misses in these areas, the colours don’t have the same contrast in there current hues and the logo doesn’t have enough weight in order to look powerful in the same way that the CFC monogram does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I’ve always liked GWS’ modern Take on a classic yoke design, although it would look infinitely better with a charcoal back and bright orange numbers!

GC on the other hand is horrific and while the concept is similar to Carlton, the execution is way off. Carlton’s jumper works because of the bold emblem and high contrast between it and the navy blue base. GC’s logo misses in these areas, the colours don’t have the same contrast in there current hues and the logo doesn’t have enough weight in order to look powerful in the same way that the CFC monogram does.
Gold Coast should add black......or full rebrand and go pink and navy

I used to be on the GWS guernsey train, but I think they should have a change now. Keep the G move it to the centre or something and ditch the white.

That's the difference 100 years makes. One looks historic, the other looks like a sponsor logo.

Rumours that MG will be on Port's jumper soon.
Noticed that they used an MG in one of their videos a few weeks ago - safe to say they're replacing Oak.

Isn’t MG owned by China now?
And doesn’t Port play a match in China?

I see a connection.

Ken Hinkley may soon be replaced by a nameless conglomerate endorsing Mao Zedong Thought.
And who knows, Port might start improving.

Isn’t MG owned by China now?
And doesn’t Port play a match in China?

I see a connection.

Ken Hinkley may soon be replaced by a nameless conglomerate endorsing Mao Zedong Thought.
And who knows, Port might start improving.
Just need Huawei to jump on as their computer and networking sponsors and we can go full tin hat.

GWS20-CAD-Rep_Clash_Guernsey-Mns-Front_1024x1024.png

GWS20-CAD-Rep_Clash_Guernsey-Mns-Back_1024x1024.png

The GWS clash jumper has to be one of the most consistently disappointing reveals every season.

Good colours to work with, their logo isn't an abomination (hi GCS) and they've got so much creative freedom since they're not tied down to any tradition.

Yet they're so uninspired. You'd think they'd want to burn these jumpers after their GF effort in 2019.

The GWS clash jumper has to be one of the most consistently disappointing reveals every season.

Good colours to work with, their logo isn't an abomination (hi GCS) and they've got so much creative freedom since they're not tied down to any tradition.

Yet they're so uninspired. You'd think they'd want to burn these jumpers after their GF effort in 2019.
Maybe they realise that the jumper has as much correlation to match performance as the star sign of the water boy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back