News New Jumpers For 2020 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna give the benefit of the doubt to Cotton On. Three of the four letters are the same and there’s only so many ways you can balance out a wordmark like that. Of course there’s going to be similarities.

With respect, yeah nah.

There is a multitude of typefaces out there to choose from.

A reasonable person will note the similarities in the C, the S, and the letter arrangement.

This is not a coincidence.

I contend the maker of CATS was aware of CAVS.

Looks good
35e54440262561de0fb33ff777310b9a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Judging off the collar and lack of tags Port quickly got some guernseys made locally with the MG sponsor. Should look same on actual ISC guernsey.View attachment 828779
Probably an iron on patch that needed to be big enough to completely cover up the CFG logo. Hopefully it's a bit smaller when they print the actual guernseys.

Probably an iron on patch that needed to be big enough to completely cover up the CFG logo. Hopefully it's a bit smaller when they print the actual guernseys.
Doesn't look like an ISC jumper - different cut and that. Jumpers seen today would have been quickly made by JS Sports or SportsCentre (or some other local company) in Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look like an ISC jumper - different cut and that. Jumpers seen today would have been quickly made by JS Sports or SportsCentre (or some other local company) in Adelaide.
I've seen that jumper with the neck line with floating around prior to today, might have been for the new logo launch. Definitely not a quick job made in the last couple of days, has CFG sponsoring on the back too (which you would assume they wouldn't have printed if these were a rush job for todays announcement). You can see that the bottom of the MG logo is peeling slightly in this photo.

1582613855637.png

Judging off the collar and lack of tags Port quickly got some guernseys made locally with the MG sponsor. Should look same on actual ISC guernsey.View attachment 828779

I wonder if that Port jumper would look better with the PA badge underneath the ISC logo rather than where it sits now.

That's a real ISC template that they use for low orders. They're made out of cheap and nasty fabric to save their good materials. If a club wanted only 3-5 guernseys made, they make them on this template instead of their more expensive to make ones that they use for bigger orders (such as training and game day guernseys). The prison bar guernseys that one player wears at training every session (I'm sure most of you know about this guernsey) is also made on this template. There are also a few plain orange training guernseys that key players wear made on this template also.

I’m gonna give the benefit of the doubt to Cotton On. Three of the four letters are the same and there’s only so many ways you can balance out a wordmark like that. Of course there’s going to be similarities.
I was looking at that, but more in combination with the styling/cut of the letters as well which makes it fishy.

1582670274341.png 1582670289003.png

Both C and S have the same style, just stretched apart slightly on the Cavs wordmark.

Obviously would give them the benefit of the doubt, and it's the AFL who approved it. But just reeks of some lazy graphic designer at Geelong becoming "heavily inspired" by his favourite NBA bandwagon team's wordmark and calling it a day

They'll be in red. You're not paying that much to be on the front of a guernsey to then change your corporate branding
Agreed. Sponsors don't want their logos to blend in. They want people's eye to be drawn to them.
As good as it would look. At least it's not in an unnecessary box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back