News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine being head of Essendon FC and OKAY-ing that s**t logo on the back to hit and cover the slash. I’ve got no idea about Essendon and it’s history but I’m a graphic designer and that is a no no. I don’t care about money, it comes and goes and when everyone is struggling because we are poor we will still support the club because of the club not some 1-2 year sponsorship deal
It’s like some sponsor renaming the MCG 🙄

Oh cool now that they've made the poppies 3D the ANZAC clash problem is solved!

I try not to get belligerent on this board but boy are Essendon a clueless club
They have no interest in solving the perceived clash.
According to the AFL, Essendon and Collingwood are not listed as clashing with each other.
(Or rather they have a 'big club-tradition' exemption.)
Anzac Day jumpers exist to sell Anzac Day jumpers.
If they actually wanted to pay respect to the Anzacs they'd have a single poppy on their jumper, and perhaps the Anzac logo.

Why is everybody upset by the 3D jumper? Looks ok to me, I don't get all the drama about it.
Allow me to retort.

The red poppy is a symbol of both Remembrance and hope for a peaceful future.
It is worn above the heart, on the left breast.
It signifies all who fought in war, and is to be worn on 11 November each year - Remembrance Day.
It is regarded as disrespectful to wear it in any other way. (even simply wearing it on the right breast for example)
It's not a design element.
To fill up a sash full of poppies, simply because they are the same colour as the club's sash is the height of disrespect.
It's ignorant and disrespectful, and then they have the audacity to then gaslight anyone who dares bring this up by challenging that it's "for a good cause".

They have no interest in solving the perceived clash.
According to the AFL, Essendon and Collingwood are not listed as clashing with each other.
(Or rather they have a 'big club-tradition' exemption.)
Anzac Day jumpers exist to sell Anzac Day jumpers.
If they actually wanted to pay respect to the Anzacs they'd have a single poppy on their jumper, and perhaps the Anzac logo.

* And not to be sold to the public. It's something the players should keep or donate

Allow me to retort.

The red poppy is a symbol of both Remembrance and hope for a peaceful future.
It is worn above the heart, on the left breast.
It signifies all who fought in war, and is to be worn on 11 November each year - Remembrance Day.
It is regarded as disrespectful to wear it in any other way. (even simply wearing it on the right breast for example)
It's not a design element.
To fill up a sash full of poppies, simply because they are the same colour as the club's sash is the height of disrespect.
It's ignorant and disrespectful, and then they have the audacity to then gaslight anyone who dares bring this up by challenging that it's "for a good cause".

The club needs to get its head out of its arse.

The guernseys are a microcosm of the type of attitude the club has.

I'm stubborn yet the club is even more stubborn than I am.

And that's an impossibility.

Change the constitution FFS.

The constitution doesn't need to be changed to wear an inverse or any form of kit

Thats the great lie they sold the public.

If the AFL said wear a tie dye jumper with 4 gold stripes on it, they would have too under the very clause they talk about

81f1adae2c94a32eea3bc486276dd697.jpg

Looks like Richmond will have a new shorts sponsor. I double checked the announcement made about Pilot and RFC partnering earlier this year, and no deal length was ever mentioned so it’s seems as though it may have been a one year thing.

Does anyone know anything more concrete on this?

Looks like Richmond will have a new shorts sponsor. I double checked the announcement made about Pilot and RFC partnering earlier this year, and no deal length was ever mentioned so it’s seems as though it may have been a one year thing.

I did notice this too. I hope they pick up a shorts sponsor before the season starts, nothing worse than blank shorts!!! Have Richmond lost national storage above the number also?

Details anyone??

Are they new socks?

Lions upsize with McDonalds to take partnership to a new level

The Brisbane Lions are saying “I’m lovin' it!” with McDonalds extending its partnership with the Club for a further three years, until 2025.

McDonalds, a long-standing supporter of the AFL industry, has today confirmed it will increase its backing of the Lions as Major Support Partner of our AFL team and Official Partner of the AFLW program.

From 2023, the famous golden arches will be proudly displayed on the neckline of the Club’s AFL guernseys.

Brisbane Lions CEO, Greg Swann said the Club was delighted to continue its partnership with McDonalds.

“We are extremely grateful to have McDonalds take its support of the Club to a new level, while also showing its commitment by extending for three years,” he said.

“We're excited to see what the next three years of this valuable partnership leads to and look forward to working together as we head into a new era for the Club.

Big Mac Sauce: Lions Upsize With McDonalds To Take Partnership To A New Level

First impression is that it looks horrible and that Big (Dan) McStay is regretting his decision to leave.

Attachments

• 20221123_152231.jpg
    20221123_152231.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 333
  • 20221123_152220.jpg
    20221123_152220.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 948

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Repeat after me: ONLY guernsey manufacturers are ALLOWED on the neck/collar.
I feel like I’m in the minority and might get myself banned from the board, but I don’t mind it.

The McDonald’s logo isn’t the nicest logo to be there, but as a concept I don’t mind branding being under the collar. At least it doesn’t encroach on design aspects being there.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that gold cuffs on the away look nicer aesthetically honestly but really push the Guernsey into being the same colours as the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back