News New Uniform and Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the logo, but I wanna' know how much Brand Agency were paid.

I dislike the implied "VFL" in the jumpers. :thumbsdown:

I really like seeing Stephen Hill being included as the face of the club.

Glad we can officially refer to ourselves as the Fremantle Dockers now. Love the jumpers simplicity yet power statement. Reckon the logo is modern enough but harks of some Freo history.

Bring on 2011!

It's just before sideshow alley outside where all the pavilions are (all the exhibitions etc.) just past the chair-lift entrance

They had the home/away 2010 jumpers for the same price as well =)

Also had some old school port adeliade shirts for $50 at the sports shop - would consider it if i was a port fan

Sod, sure the $50 (new) jumpers at Show weren't the 2010 training jumpers? Was the Woodside across the belly or in logo box on chest? Anchor on back? Just wanna check actually the 2011's.

_

Your previous design was way better, they should have kept it the same and also just told Levi Strauss to **** em selves and use the nickname dockers anyways

Glad we can officially refer to ourselves as the Fremantle Dockers now. Love the jumpers simplicity yet power statement. Reckon the logo is modern enough but harks of some Freo history.

Bring on 2011!

Sod, sure the $50 (new) jumpers at Show weren't the 2010 training jumpers? Was the Woodside across the belly or in logo box on chest? Anchor on back? Just wanna check actually the 2011's.

_

They're just the training jumpers - didn't think the 2011 jumpers would even be near being sold so didn't clarify - sorry, my bad :eek:

The jumper images on the thread that was going before the official announcement didn't really impress me much. I didn't want to get rid of the anchor. Now that I've seen the actual jumper rather than everyone's best guess, I must admit it's kinda growing on me now.

As for the logo... it's not too bad. As has been said, the version with the anchor in the shield looks much much better than the just the anchor one.
The DOCKERS font on the logo is far too big though. It's as if someone has said, "We've been dying to use this word for bloody years, so by Christ we're going to make it absolutely bloody enormous!!!"

A bit more in proportion to the rest of the logo and it'll look a lot better.

So this really was about finally putting the legal stuff to bed and getting back the rights to the name Dockers. I'm not sure how that change does it considering we keep the Anchor in the logo and the Dockers name? But if it does fair enough.

I still like old jumper better and just from the forum here and friends and fans I talk to I'm suprised that Purple and Dockers were put forward as the two biggest icons for the club, I would have thought purple and anchor.

I certainly dont hate the jumper and in the end its still just a jumper, would look better though with the new icon in place of the woodside logo but I suppose that's business and I guess now we really are the Freo Dockers again there's no real need to change the club song.

So all good but what do we argue about now for another 5 months :).

The logo looks good in a shield but average without one, fonts are very ordinary I know they were going for simple but come on.

As for the jumpers they look slick, glad the green and reds gone but then again it's a fairly standard design too, we don't have a unique brand anymore. Purple is not a brand.

The thing they should have changed first is the song, if anything and most people agree. The boys need something strong and proud to sing after winning a premiership this is more important than the jumper they are wearing.

I still like old jumper better and just from the forum here and friends and fans I talk to I'm suprised that Purple and Dockers were put forward as the two biggest icons for the club, I would have thought purple and anchor.

I guess the club just wanted an official nickname which they could use.

Without changing the name - and possibly making the anchor redundant anyway - coming up with something that satisfied Levi's and also let us use the word Dockers was the best option.

Jumpers are fine. Can live with that.

Logo is pretty crap. Hate that stupid "D" and don't like the lettering style they've chosen.

But the worst is that we are now Fremantle Dockers. WTF???? What was wrong with "Fremantle Football Club"?

We may as well be called the West Coast Eagles or something else as equally generic. That's what we've become. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think both the logo and home jumper looks really good. The logo isn't over the top and very subtle. The white jumper looks a bit weird on big Sandi. LoL.

Just a question. Are you guys now officially referred to a 'Fremantle Dockers Football Club' or 'Fremantle Football Club' with your official nickname as the 'Dockers'? Hopefully its the latter. Thanks. :)

I just wonder whether this was inspired by our apparant new clothing sponsor - ISC (whoever that is).

A change of guernsey suddenly gets their logo into the media a whole lot more, as well as supposedly encouraging more sales of their branded merchandise.

Not that I mind the jumper, prefer the purple haze jumper though. Just a shame we've chosen to weaken our identity by dumping the anchor.

Just a question. Are you guys now officially referred to a 'Fremantle Dockers Football Club' or 'Fremantle Football Club' with your official nickname as the 'Dockers'? Hopefully its the latter. Thanks. :)

F**k I hope it's the latter too.

I'd be horrified if we went the plastic franchise route like the eagles and included our nickname in our official title.

I think both the logo and home jumper looks really good. The logo isn't over the top and very subtle. The white jumper looks a bit weird on big Sandi. LoL.

Interesting point. How does the club want to identify itself.
Hopefully STILL Fremantle FC.. with the 'Dockers' being now the official nickname. Thats how I think of it anyways...

But the worst is that we are now Fremantle Dockers. WTF???? What was wrong with "Fremantle Football Club"?

This is what makes my blood boil the most, it's a lame name that will now be plastered all over everything to do with the club. Was the perfect opportunity the piss it off but they get rid of the anchor instead.

Interesting point. How does the club want to identify itself.
Hopefully STILL Fremantle FC.. with the 'Dockers' being now the official nickname. Thats how I think of it anyways...

Maybe it's just me but I thought it seemed very obvious that the FFC will be second to the 'Docker' label now.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Uniform and Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back