News that will rock Collingwood: Leon

Remove this Banner Ad

He was standing next to him and left him a few seconds before the ball came to Varcoe.

If those were his instructions thank god madhouse is gone.

Actually, thank god he has goen anyway. He blew it in 2011.

This thread has nothing to do with Malthouse. Keep it on topic.

I can't believe what I am reading. Came to the last page of the thread to say congrats on an a great career with Pies to read some garbage about the first goal of the GF.

Good luck with your future Neon. Your freakish goals and hard nose defending (as of last year) will be missed.

I personally haven't made up my mind if I would like to see you running around in another AFL team. If you do good luck with it all.

I think I prefer you to be only known for your time with us and be a 1 club player.

He was standing next to him and left him a few seconds before the ball came to Varcoe.

If those were his instructions thank god madhouse is gone.

Actually, thank god he has goen anyway. He blew it in 2011.
Would you rather Leon stood next to Varcoe and watch Selwood run into an open goal 30m directly in front? What Davis did was cause another possession, he did the team thing.

FFS - Can we stop crapping on about the first goal on the GF. Who f***cking cares - it's not what this thread is (or should be) about. Name one backmen who's never had a goal kicked on him, FFS! Mods - sic em.

Now, to the subject - Congratulations to Leon on a terrific 12 years 220+ game career. His career highlight reels will be hard to top.

I'd just like to remind everybody, Leon Davis is a dog!!!

Dog is OTT but it's interesting he picks up the phone when Matthew Primus calls him but will direct the call to Pickering's voice mail when Buckley & Geoff Walshe called.

What response are you trying to get out of people? Seriously.

Your routine is boring.

Leon is not a dog at all. Any player that gives 11-12 years of service and then wants to move for family reasons should be entitled to.
At least if he heads to Port we all know that he is just lining his back pocket for another year or two in a team that will not get out of the bottom 8 in his time.
It will be hard to watch but, in saying that, it might actually get me to watch a Port game with some interest!

Leon has been an exemplary ambassador of the footy club for over a decade.

On field, he's had and given us many massive highs offset by a few notable lows.

Odd decision and behaviour here I agree, really puzzling, but only really he knows the full facts.

Overall I think with most thinking people he has earned enough credits to see him through with this latest turn.

Have you some special reason for the vehemence of your response?
Sure I'm not the only one who'd love you to elaborate so we better understand your hostile reaction, as it seems perplexing to say the least!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While "dog" may be over the top, why I am so dissapointed is that I was always a Leon doubter. Yes he can kick some great goals, but I never really felt he was consistent and he wasn't till this year, his best year ever, he won me over!

At the end of the season he was clearly in two minds about playing on and or staying with the Pies. He should have made his mind up earlier that he was going!

That wouldv've made the Toovey, Caf situation alot easier and we shoulda woulda coulda got something from WCE or Freo in return for him.

To me, his, in the media atleast, responses to the situation seem really inconsitent, much like his football career.

If he left for family reasons he should have done the right thing by the club and told them earlier to facilitate a trade. Not just asking if any other clubs in SA or WA were interested, but actually saying "I want a deal done!"

If he left for money, while it seems he was being underpaid though he probably owed Collingwood some good will for his leaner years, then he is a mercenary and I really have no respect for him.

Which was it? The latest story is family reasons? Okay we'll you should have told Collingwood you want OUT, so we coulda got something for you, while your currency is probably at its peak, instead we get nothing!

Anyway this is the last I'll say about it, I think its fine him doing the right thing for himself, but I don't think he was anywhere near doing the right thing by the club.:(

PS I will change my signature in good time

Remove this Banner Ad

News that will rock Collingwood: Leon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back