Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that mike sheehan, alan stewart or non of the above in that photo?

has stewart retired from AFC?
He's retiring. I think this off-season/coaching search is the last thing he'll do for us. I'm sure Fagan, Noble and Roo will still ask his opinion on stuff, but he's not going to be an active staff member for us anymore.

Gary O'Donnell is an interesting. Once upon a time, he was an assistant coach that was the next can't miss prospect for a gun senior coach. Don't know if he ever applied for a job or just missed out a few times. The talk all of a sudden died down and he was never mentioned as a candidate again. No idea why!
Like with all Assistant coaches you're usually seen only as good as the teams you've coached. When he was with Sheedy & the bombers were flying ('99-'01) that was when his stocks were at an all time high a lot like how Hawthorn's assistants are now, but he knocked back offers & ended up staying with Essendon too long and ended up overseeing them plummet down the ladder thus seeing his stocks diminish. He's now been in Brisbane on & off for a while without any success either, not much can be gauged by his coaching record in the last 14 years but is of course said to be a ripper bloke.

The plot thickens.......
Why? He was never going to be the guy we were talking too. Has a sweet gig at the GC.

Primus coming back to SA ??
Where does he fit in? Only open spot is the defensive coach, unless promoting Campo to senior assistant means someone is taking over midfield duties?

Shamus75 still confident on an announcement today?
Not once it gets past 2.30pm today i'm not. My source was in a meeting with Fages in the Adelaide CBD yesterday and when they finished, i happen to have a meeting with my source that was running late due to him meeting with Fages. I asked what the Fages meeting was about and was told we'd just stitched up Pyke and we'd announce tomorrow. My source is from within the AFC hierarchy but things have obviously changed re timings. Still confident we've landed him but doesn't look the timing of an announcement was right unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not once it gets past 2.30pm today i'm not. My source was in a meeting with Fages in the Adelaide CBD yesterday and when they finished, i happen to have a meeting with my source that was running late due to him meeting with Fages. I asked what the Fages meeting was about and was told we'd just stitched up Pyke and we'd announce tomorrow. My source is from within the AFC hierarchy but things have obviously changed re timings. Still confident we've landed him but doesn't look the timing of an announcement was right unfortunately.

Put it back in the cupboard.

Blighty isn't the only premiership coach living in QLD. Leigh Mathews still lives up there too. Leigh Mathews DOC?

I'm tipping it's Aish
pickering 'he will be announcing intentions on friday'

..and it's thursday now
For the 5th time - AISH IS STILL IN BALI. Unless they were meeting with Brisbane to try to convince them to trade? Can't see them flying to do that, can just pick up the phone.

Last edited:
Why would Fagan be getting involved in trade discussions?

I would think he might be there just to sell the club to a player we're interested in. Perhaps to discuss the opportunities that exist outside of football to the player if they were to decide to join the AFC. His mantra of having the right people in the right chairs would suggest he's not a micro-manager, and will stick to what his job actually is, which does not include the football operations side of things.

Shamus your level of trust of your source - any chance he was deliberately misleading you? Or he's good to his word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back