Next Bomber Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd - Move to CHF will give him the edge.

Ramanauskas - Team man, respected by all.

Hille - Althought young, I strongly believe he has the qualities of growing to be a future leader.

Would really like to see Welshy get it, he's a proven leader in the juniors, always hard at it, and his work ethic is right up there with the best of them at the club. Would certainly like to see him made into a vice-captain the next time the opportunity arises. The only thing really holding him back is his age.

Rama is the more likely candidate imo...Lloydy would make a good captain but that might be a bit too demanding, considering how important he is in our team structure already. Not to devalue Welshy or Rama, but Lloydy could almost be considered pivotal.

Mind you, if Johns is really as good as everyone thinks he is, then there might be a good chance that Lloyd will be freed up. Only time will tell.

I would really like to see Rama get the nod. Agree Welshy would be pretty good, as would Lucas. Lloyd would be fine I guess but Im just not convinced yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by lufc618
maybe Wellman if he plays on for longer than Hird

He'd do the job well, but like you said, the problem is how long he'll be around for.

My tip is Lloyd - he's shown how well he can lead the side, particularly on the occasions Hird isn't playing. Failing that, or after that, it'd have to be Rama. He's been an inspiration for quite a while now.

Lloyd'll get it. Showed true leadership while Hird was out. After that would be Rama and then Welsh.

Or we could always get Heffernan back, wasn't he sposed to be our next captain.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lethal
Or we could always get Heffernan back, wasn't he sposed to be our next captain.:rolleyes:

:D

I can't see Lloyd as captain. I'd think Hird would have to play for 3 more years as captain for Welsh to have a chance ahead of JJ.

But perhaps Man U will loan us Keano as part of the deal, at least we know he puts the club first.

Lloyd would be the best bet. He'll probably get the captaincy one day, whether or not someone else gets it before him.

Who is our vice captian by the way?

Originally posted by Chiz
Lloyd would be the best bet. He'll probably get the captaincy one day, whether or not someone else gets it before him.

I'm fairly sure that Lloyd is our vice-captain.

Originally posted by Chiz

There was at least three - including Lloyd, Mercuri, and Wellman. Not sure what the deal is now, but I know all have had turns at leading the side when Hird was out. (Lloyd & Wellman anyway.)

nar. rama granted is brave and respected, but as sheedy states he will be always seen as 'cheeky'...he might be captain when lloyd retires..

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Bomber Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back