Next Bottom 8 Improver for 2008?

Remove this Banner Ad

You never know what will happen next season which is one of the great things about the even competition that is the AFL. I do find it unlikely that we'll have anothwe 3 preliminary finalists who didnt played finals the previous year. I think 2007 was just one of those years when several teams blew away their expectations and other teams with higher expectations failed dismally. It will be interesting to see if those teams that fell below their expectations: eg. melbourne, fremantle etc. are able to improve and return to their spot they had in 2006 in 2008 and also interesting to see if some of those teams that rose up eg. Kangaroos, Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, stay up in the top half and don't fall back down.

With the exceptions of Sydney and maybe Adelaide, every single team looks to be on the improve. But of course, 14 teams cant make the top 8 so as per usual, it should be an interesting AFL season in 08. I can't wait :D

Carl is ammassing a v good list, they will rise suddenly, hate the thought

Saints, Freo and Melb have better lists than where they finished

Pies Roos and Port overachieved this year and maybe vulnerable and I dont think Brisbane are a definite to rise up

Hawks have potentially the best list in the comp and will contend for flag next year

Lions too finish 6th

Essendon 7th (Wishful Thinking)

Honestly though the Lions were very impressive, and with the Bradshaw/Brown combo, will be very nice.

I think they will replace, Adelaide and Sydney

at the risk of losing all credibility on big footy:

i think the tigers will surprise people next year. perhaps not push for the flag but i think they can get up to 9th or 10th with a bit of luck.

deledio and foley will have an extra years experience, and with coglan back their midfield will be decent. nathen brown will be better than this year and with richo in your side, anything can happen.

wouldn't surprise me to see essendon finish bottom four.

Fremantle will be back to where they were last year and will be in the top 4.

They can do exactly what Geelong have done because I don't believe this season was an accurate reflection of where they are at as far as their list goes.

With a new coach who can instill some discipline they'll be right up there!

And the way the Saints finished 2007......despite retirees, they should also be very good!

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Bottom 8 Improver for 2008?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back