Prediction Next Coach Sacked (2024 edition)

Next coach sacked

• GWS- Adam Kingsley - Oct 2022

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Fc Clap GIF by Carlton Football Club

Not sure how anyone that sits on the Bulldogs board could be happy with Bontempelli being played at CHF while Hawthorn was smacking your side at the coalface.

It’s long been said that Bevo has consistently been kept on as half the board cannot let go of the 2016 premiership heroics, but I reckon Friday nights performance may shake a few.

Not sure how anyone that sits on the Bulldogs board could be happy with Bontempelli being played at CHF while Hawthorn was smacking your side at the coalface.

It’s long been said that Bevo has consistently been kept on as half the board cannot let go of the 2016 premiership heroics, but I reckon Friday nights performance may shake a few.

Great call. Couldn't believe I saw that.

Great call. Couldn't believe I saw that.
He also spent a chunk of time on the pine and Bevo got really prickly when Gabelich queried that.

Will be intriguing to see the fall out, but I couldn't blame Dogs for making a change over the summer if they do another review(and decide that enough is enough).

The biggest factor in replacing a coach would be not simply if the team doesn't achieve its goals, but the way it doesn't achieve them.

As an example, North Melbourne have been struggling for years and the Kangaroos have given Alistair Clarkson plenty of time to rebuild and turn things around. Obviously the Kangaroos aren't going to make the finals, or even climb to mid-ladder, in 2025. If North win four games and finish last or second last but are more competitive and seem to be working together and improving, Clarkson is going nowhere. But if the team continues to get thrashed week in week out and show no signs of improvement or gelling together as a team and learning and sticking to a game plan, then North will seriously consider whether things are going in the right direction under their coach and may well make a change at the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There should be a lot of heat on Voss. He's had 3 years now, with a list that is capable of at least challenging for a flag.
Starting TDK as sub should be a nail in his coffin.
TDK hadn't played or trained in 7 weeks after breaking his foot and puncturing his lung against North. The plan would have been for Pittonet to wear down OMac and bring TDK on to run over the top of him as he began to tire.

Clearly that didn't work out because the rest of the Carlton team were atrocious but I thought it made some sense at the time. Would have started him in hindsight obviously but we had to take some gambles last night to be any chance with the team in the state they were in and they didn't pay off.

Nicks and Hinkley for mine would be under a heap of pressure next year. Maybe even Hinkley they just commit to a transition with Carr or something midway through the year.

Realistically though, being bottom 4 next year outside of probably Tigers and North, it's going to be immense pressure on whoever joins us down there. If North are bottom with two wins the heat could come for Clarko but it's not a certainty. Any of Blues, Saints, Dees, Dogs, Crows, Port, Bombers are 15-16th I think it's game over.

TDK hadn't played or trained in 7 weeks after breaking his foot and puncturing his lung against North. The plan would have been for Pittonet to wear down OMac and bring TDK on to run over the top of him as he began to tire.

Clearly that didn't work out because the rest of the Carlton team were atrocious but I thought it made some sense at the time. Would have started him in hindsight obviously but we had to take some gambles last night to be any chance with the team in the state they were in and they didn't pay off.

He's got the GOAT playing for him as well though

Nicks and Hinkley for mine would be under a heap of pressure next year. Maybe even Hinkley they just commit to a transition with Carr or something midway through the year.

Realistically though, being bottom 4 next year outside of probably Tigers and North, it's going to be immense pressure on whoever joins us down there. If North are bottom with two wins the heat could come for Clarko but it's not a certainty. Any of Blues, Saints, Dees, Dogs, Crows, Port, Bombers are 15-16th I think it's game over.

Mate stinkers is gone. He won't be here in about 10 days time.

Pressire on Fly next season thats for sure

Wot ? He won a flag less than 12 months ago.

He's also built a cult of personality around himself that he's the ultimate new age coach, all about having fun and being best friends with the players, the sun literally shines out of his arse. He's got another 5 years no matter what happens, 10 if they are consistently making finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Next Coach Sacked (2024 edition)

Back