List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It is. Point Cook's in our zone.

I’d say with his cultural background he would’ve been eligible then.

Usually there are at least half a dozen kids on the western jets list each season that come from Point Cook, Werribee Districts and Hoppers Crossing.

This season they had the following players listed:

Obie Miller (Werribee Districts)
Tom Burton (Point Cook)
Max Downing (Point Cook)
Macauli Buck (Werribee)
Oscar Burt (Werribee)
Rani Pavlidis (Werribee)

The Werribee junior leagues are pretty strong so it wouldn’t surprise me if we got an academy player from there in future years, especially considering the growth in the area.

I’d say with his cultural background he would’ve been eligible then.

Usually there are at least half a dozen kids on the western jets list each season that come from Point Cook, Werribee Districts and Hoppers Crossing.

This season they had the following players listed:

Obie Miller (Werribee Districts)
Tom Burton (Point Cook)
Max Downing (Point Cook)
Macauli Buck (Werribee)
Oscar Burt (Werribee)
Rani Pavlidis (Werribee)

The Werribee junior leagues are pretty strong so it wouldn’t surprise me if we got an academy player from there in future years, especially considering the growth in the area.
The thought that we let an AA wingman slip by twice depresses me, lol.

Surely this is a critical issue for nmfc .
If the nt is given to us the afl would need to fund it fully . As it funds gold coast and gws .
We would need to control all junior levels of afl aflw and player development with access to draft those players

We seem to be doing very little in this area. The fact we madly scrambled for Sanders are the 11th hour rather than having locked away in our program and making him "ours to lose" said it all.

NGA and Cat B are unused pathways for us.

Bizarrely the AFLW program finds quality new Irish players almost yearly.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back