Next out of Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, North Melbourne and St Kilda to win a flag?

Who wins a flag before the others?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF? Carlton were challenging in the second half of last year?

Strike me, I must have missed that. What exactly were they challenging for?
no spoon = challenging :p
Damning for the blues is they finished two points ahead of us....and we were diabolically bad.
Quite possibly the worst team i've seen since inception GCS....though they had an excuse.

WTF? Carlton were challenging in the second half of last year?

Strike me, I must have missed that. What exactly were they challenging for?
You better read my post again mate, i didn't say they were challenging last year but i know you like to make things up.

When Carlton are challenging next year you'll go missing like you did in the second half of last year, you don't run two ways. We've clearly improved on last year and that's gone straight over your head, you clearly know zilch about football and don't realise that those four rabble teams will get a flag before Collingwood.
After a second read, this is possibly the funniest post I have ever read on BigFooty.

Of course Carlton have improved from last year. It was pretty hard to go backwards...

You better read my post again mate, i didn't say they were challenging last year but i know you like to make things up.
Huh? You inferred they were challenging by saying I go missing when they are challenging, and I went missing for the second half of last year.

If that's not what you were inferring, then WTF are you on about?

After a second read, this is possibly the funniest post I have ever read on BigFooty.

Of course Carlton have improved from last year. It was pretty hard to go backwards...
could argue they did. one year they don't finish bottom, step right up Matt Rowell.

if the Dogs and the Tigers dynasty (or even Port and Brisbane being 1 and 2 on the ladder) have taught us anything, these types of threads are fraught with danger.

Been hammering on about it for about 3 years now. Though the dial has moved a little and the list has some hard to fill holes in it.

Essendons biggest problem wasn't the 22 it was fielding. it's been mindset and culture.
This is now coming to the fore. Along with some major gaps in our defence (McKenna retiring, Saad may leave, Hooker/Hurley replacements overdue).
Add to that losing our best key fwd and best small fwd of the past 10 years+ without replacement.
With talk of a disgruntled best midfielder too :)

the list stuff was a distraction to what was really going on.
😂

You reckon we've been a rabble for twenty years yet we still have more flags than Collingwood.

Huh? You inferred they were challenging by saying I go missing when they are challenging, and I went missing for the second half of last year.

If that's not what you were inferring, then WTF are you on about?
Put your glasses on.

2020 record against top 8 teams:

Saints 3-4
Blues & Demons 2-6
Essendon & North 1-7

That probably gives you your ranking there.

Gotta go though the best sides to win a flag, and all 5 clearly have a way to go. But based on 2020 competitiveness, that list probably lines up with my thinking. Saints about halfway there (3-4 with one game decided by under a kick). Blues and Demons doing some things right. Essendon and North miles off it.

Last edited:
Your idea of 'contending for premierships' is clearly somewhat different to mine...
We choked in a prelim in 2018, same as the Pies did last year.

Last time Saints won a final was over a decade ago. They've been shit for ages.

Saints 3-4
Blues & Demons 2-6
Essendon & North 1-7
Amazing what a coach who isn't complete shit can do.

Saints looked like a rabble before Ratten took over. Dees have talent but need to stop being soft, flakey pricks. Unless Goodwin has a great year in 2021 he'll be out on his arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We choked in a prelim in 2018, same as the Pies did last year.

Last time Saints won a final was over a decade ago. They've been sh*t for ages.
Choked in a Prelim? You were completely outclassed and a mile off the top 3 teams that year.

In my book, that ain't contending.

Last edited:
St Kilda will have the shortest window and I think they’ve brought in too many average players from other clubs. North won’t challenge for years, same as Essendon, Melbourne will hover in the 8-12 region. I think it’ll be Carlton.

If by that you mean people are jealous of Carlton, then no. No one is jealous of Carlton
They really are a deluded species.

It's been great watching Carlton over the past 20 years. I reckon I've barracked FOR them more often than I've barracked against them. They've never been in the mix and the odd good win they have against a top 4/top 8/finals contending team is always to the benefit of Collingwood.

They really are a deluded species.

It's been great watching Carlton over the past 20 years. I reckon I've barracked FOR them more often than I've barracked against them. They've never been in the mix and the odd good win they have against a top 4/top 8/finals contending team is always to the benefit of Collingwood.
Obsessed.
What is it Fadgey? Where does the hurt come from?

I really rate Ratten, and I’m impressed at how far he’s already taken this group.
Players like King, Marshal, Bytel, Clark, Coffield and Steele are gems, and the Saints have a great culture too. I reckon they’ll most likely to win a flag ahead of the other 4 clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Next out of Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, North Melbourne and St Kilda to win a flag?

Back