Next out of Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, North Melbourne and St Kilda to win a flag?

Who wins a flag before the others?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They really are a deluded species.

It's been great watching Carlton over the past 20 years. I reckon I've barracked FOR them more often than I've barracked against them. They've never been in the mix and the odd good win they have against a top 4/top 8/finals contending team is always to the benefit of Collingwood.
I want to give you a hug bro. Let’s link

Stupid thread is stupid

Not really when anything could happen.

Who predicted Richmond to win two flags following the debacle that was 2016?

We'll be cononisating Titan before Mars in my opinion, Titan has a thick atmosphere much like Earth and it may contain H2O on the surface.

Mars on the other hand has no atmosphere to protect us from the Sun's harmful UV rays, good luck to Elon Musk but we should be looking at colonisation of Titan before Mars.

Cloud cities on Venus at a certain level in the atmospherere where conditions are similar to that of Earth are also a more feasible option than Mars.

Venus is obviously uninhabitable on the surface but in the not so distant future, I can see the colonisation of Venus becoming real and the planet may end up resembling Coruscant one day.

Richmond's trajectory after 2016 is proof of that, no one saw that coming and if they did, then they'd have been solid proof that time travel is in fact real.
It's scary but the path and pattern of tigers 2017 and 2019 premiership sides and cats 2007 and 2009 premiership teams. I have posted that before.

Geelong started their build in 2000. Made finals in 2004-5, had a down year in 2006, nearly sacked bomber Thompson that year too.

In 2007, they Broke a 44 year drought vs a side from South Australia in port, without the crows stance. Looked unbeatable in 2008 as they finished top but choked in 2008. Had a point to prove and beat the saints in the 2009 grand final.

Tigers path started in 2010. Made finals in 2013-15. Had a down year in 2016, nearly sacked Damien Hardwick.

In 2017, tigers Break a 37 year drought vs a club in SA in the crows. Looked unbeatable In 2018, chokes In the preliminary final vs Magpies.

Came out with a point to prove in 2019 and beat GWS easily.

It's scary but the path and pattern of tigers 2017 and 2019 premiership sides and cats 2007 and 2009 premiership teams. I have posted that before.

Geelong started their build in 2000. Made finals in 2004-5, had a down year in 2006, nearly sacked bomber Thompson that year too.

In 2007, they Broke a 44 year drought vs a side from South Australia in port, without the crows stance. Looked unbeatable in 2008 as they finished top but choked in 2008. Had a point to prove and beat the saints in the 2009 grand final.

Tigers path started in 2010. Made finals in 2013-15. Had a down year in 2016, nearly sacked Damien Hardwick.

In 2017, tigers Break a 37 year drought vs a club in SA in the crows. Looked unbeatable In 2018, chokes In the preliminary final vs Magpies.

Came out with a point to prove in 2019 and beat GWS easily.
Sounds like Melbourne are due

Saints have good management, good coach, good youth, good spine, great rucks, maybe 1 mid short and more development from Kong. Steele is top 5 player and captain for next 5+ years.

Melbourne are 2nd closest, questionable coaching.

Most of norths mids can’t kick, fwd line in shambles for short term. Some individuals took some strides this year which is good.

Carlton completely butchered far too many high picks that wasnt pick 1. So many list cloggers, pensioners and injury prone players. Cripps not signing would be a worry.

No idea what Essendon do, looks like more mediocrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are probably the biggest guess threads on Bigfooty. You could roll a dice and it would be just as accurate as all the collective predictions.

The issue is that being in finals now doesn't necessarily mean being closer to a flag. There is a long way between making finals and actually being a genuine flag threat in any given year, it's a big jump from also ran to winner.

I would say all of those clubs still lack a few of the established stars and proven core group to be considered a challenger. And just because St Kilda are the highest on the ladder now, doesn't mean that another club won't draft the next Martin or Bontempelli or Hodge or Franklin and a handful of other A graders that become stars in 3-5 years, trade/recruit well and come up with the right game plan and structure to execute it. It's a 3-5 year job and any of those teams could make that jump.

A better question is, who is most likely to contend for a flag next? It takes a lot to go right to win it. As in, finish top 4 and say win a final. Prelim bare minimum. I voted Melbourne but St Kilda is basically around the same. Saints could technically win this year, but I think if they keep improving they're still 2-3 years off from a real tilt.

Please don't get off topic, I don't see Collingwood mentioned anywhere in the thread title, and that is the second time you have mentioned them.

They really are a deluded species.

It's been great watching Carlton over the past 20 years. I reckon I've barracked FOR them more often than I've barracked against them. They've never been in the mix and the odd good win they have against a top 4/top 8/finals contending team is always to the benefit of Collingwood.

Hmmm? :think:

These are probably the biggest guess threads on Bigfooty. You could roll a dice and it would be just as accurate as all the collective predictions.

The issue is that being in finals now doesn't necessarily mean being closer to a flag. There is a long way between making finals and actually being a genuine flag threat in any given year, it's a big jump from also ran to winner.

I would say all of those clubs still lack a few of the established stars and proven core group to be considered a challenger. And just because St Kilda are the highest on the ladder now, doesn't mean that another club won't draft the next Martin or Bontempelli or Hodge or Franklin and a handful of other A graders that become stars in 3-5 years, trade/recruit well and come up with the right game plan and structure to execute it. It's a 3-5 year job and any of those teams could make that jump.
Realistically, any of the 18 teams in the comp can win a flag within 4 years

If only Melbourne could afford to sack Goodwin they'd be a big chance next year imo. Their list is good.

St Kilda need a couple of stars to take the leap into top 4, definitely not impossible.

Carlton need to make finals and get a midfield.

Everyone loves to rag on Essendon but stranger things have happened than a long-time mediocre club flicking the switch and getting it together. In fact it happens heaps... so yeah I'm still kinda worried about them.

North.. ah geez they're going to be a in a world of hurt for years.

I'd pick Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Next out of Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, North Melbourne and St Kilda to win a flag?

Back