NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Buyer beware, how many clubs has Cloke been at? Mercenary at best

Not sure Cloke has had many clubs mate. Bundoora (was a few years I'm sure) and then Craigieburn (2 years as per contract). Hurstbridge had spoken to him some months ago but don't think he was to keen to play in the same division as Bundoora out of respect for them. Even now he asked not to play against them but not sure that's appropriate in today's footy.
But hey he seems to play for a bit of coin (well more than a bit) but he does give the club good service and is a fair player at local level. Tall strong forwards/rucks don't fall off trees so will always demand top coin..

Buyer beware, how many clubs has Cloke been at? Mercenary at best
He was a major player in Bundooras 2 flags and a major player in Cragieburns recent flag as well. Dont reckon buyers should be beware. Question should be whether he will still have the same impact he did 4 years ago? Not the smallest fella going around and you dont get quicker with age

He was a major player in Bundooras 2 flags and a major player in Cragieburns recent flag as well. Dont reckon buyers should be beware. Question should be whether he will still have the same impact he did 4 years ago? Not the smallest fella going around and you dont get quicker with age

I think he will just sit deep at Hurstbridge. Will obviously be their main target in the forward line. He is very difficult to play on and could have some big days up there if they cna get it to him enough.

Don't get me wrong, the big lump of the bloke has been instrumental in the flags he has won. More or less talking about that he has been to several clubs and has had success, probably starting to hit his twilight years. Heading to a club that's only just been elevated to division 1, I highly doubt he is chasing another flag, more likely chasing a paycheck.

If hurstbridge are thinking about building a team around him in the next few years, chances are he will be heading somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong, the big lump of the bloke has been instrumental in the flags he has won. More or less talking about that he has been to several clubs and has had success, probably starting to hit his twilight years. Heading to a club that's only just been elevated to division 1, I highly doubt he is chasing another flag, more likely chasing a paycheck.

If hurstbridge are thinking about building a team around him in the next few years, chances are he will be heading somewhere else.
They are looking to stay in Div1 and consolidate their spot, he doesn't have to be a part of their next flag. It's a huge get for them, he has proven he can be unstoppable in this league and even if he has slowed down a bit he won't have shrunk. If they stay in Div1 and he is one of the reasons for it then it is the right move

Big hole to fill if his a one year wonder, not knocking hurstbridge for getting a marquee player but could probably buy 3 good local players who will stick out the journey. Regardless will be positive for the season coming.

Big hole to fill if his a one year wonder, not knocking hurstbridge for getting a marquee player but could probably buy 3 good local players who will stick out the journey. Regardless will be positive for the season coming.
It seems quite a few people on here seem a bit worried about Cloke going to Hurstbridge it's not only Cloke you fellas have to worry about plenty of talent down at the bridge

And while we are here I don't see much in Macleods camp happening anything going on down there season is coming quickly

It seems quite a few people on here seem a bit worried about Cloke going to Hurstbridge it's not only Cloke you fellas have to worry about plenty of talent down at the bridge

And while we are here I don't see much in Macleods camp happening anything going on down there season is coming quickly

Lol wouldn't of though many are too worried about him going there champ, it's the biggest discussion point at this pointy end of the pre season so fair enough people are talking about it.

On Macleod I dont think they need to do too much they just played off in a grand final.

You seem nervous, maybe relegation beckons for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played against cloke last year, and yes it wasn't div1 but he still leads hard takes a very very strong contested grab and kicks them from everywhere. He'll be very good for hursty, especially if grimes is delivering it to him....

Not much mentioned about the round opener. I look forward to seeing west Preston running Heidelberg off their toes. For once Heidelberg aren't going to be the big dog afl stacked team and I love it. Their demise of supremacy is beginning. West Preston will be a class above this match

Not much more recruiting will be done i think, Whats everyones thoughts on premiers and relegated predictions? Looks to be a great season ahead.
Going to be boring and say

Bergers
Bundoora
Macleod
Greensborough
West Preston
Northcote Park
Hurstbridge
Eltham
Whittlesea
montmorency

Leading goal scorer: grimley

League b&f: Matt Dennis or karnezis

I'm hearing that 2 WAFL guys that were destined for one NFL club have been made an offer too good to refuse by an NFL powerhouse and will instead take up digs elsewhere. #moneytalks

Not much mentioned about the round opener. I look forward to seeing west Preston running Heidelberg off their toes. For once Heidelberg aren't going to be the big dog afl stacked team and I love it. Their demise of supremacy is beginning. West Preston will be a class above this match

Pretty sure everyone wrote off Heidelberg last year also. Turned out ok though!

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back