NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

If only it were that simple drainbead, Hurstbridge have no U19s this year because couldn't get enough kids to form a side in U10's. They've tried to put a team together for that age group every year since without success. Just unfortunate that it's coincided with promotion to Div 1, next year will be fielding U19s

Saw the results. What happened to hberg on the weekend? Were leading most of the game
Not sure where you're getting your info bigstix, Hberg did skip out to a decent lead in the 2nd Qtr but Hbridge had pulled that back by 1/2 time, see sawing lead in the 3rd with Hbridge a point up at 3/4 time and ran away with it in the last. As for Treloar, topped their goal kicking with 4, how many did your legless dog get?

Interesting to note the amount of players who have crossed the road all looking to post and bag HFC.
Boys I would concentrate on your next 3 - 4 games before getting ahead of yourselves.

Div 2 relegation battle between berg and eltham will be interesting. Seems like berg are just a shadow of their former selves. Are players happy there?
Don't think Heidelberg will be fighting for relegation anytime soon mate. As quazimodo said, look at those inclusions still to come.

Not sure where you're getting your info bigstix, Hberg did skip out to a decent lead in the 2nd Qtr but Hbridge had pulled that back by 1/2 time, see sawing lead in the 3rd with Hbridge a point up at 3/4 time and ran away with it in the last. As for Treloar, topped their goal kicking with 4, how many did your legless dog get?
Yeah I Didn't read too much into it mate. Just saw the 1st half score. Will keep updated next time. As for trealor good on him, Hasn't done much since 2015

I have been looking at round 4 results and in particular the "player points allocation". That is total points/budget for each team.
WPL 47/47
W'sea 29/45
Hbridge 37/45
Hberg 40/45
Elth 31/45
Npark 33/45
Mac 36/45
Boro 37/45
Mont 37/45
Bdoora 46/46
Can some-one explain to me why WPL and Bdoora have have a bigger budget than the other teams.

On a separate matter why is there no game next week over the three divisions. Surely the Inter- League games are not that important.

Concerning lack of depth/numbers at Mont, I noticed the 2's started the game with only 16/17 on the ground before some 19's gave them a chop out. How can a Div 1 club not have a full squad in the reserves at round 4?

Concerning lack of depth/numbers at Mont, I noticed the 2's started the game with only 16/17 on the ground before some 19's gave them a chop out. How can a Div 1 club not have a full squad in the reserves at round 4?
Very easy, Injuries in the Seniors and Reserves. It's happening at a few clubs I hear even Eltham and Heidelberg have had quite a few this year.

I have been looking at round 4 results and in particular the "player points allocation". That is total points/budget for each team.
WPL 47/47
W'sea 29/45
Hbridge 37/45
Hberg 40/45
Elth 31/45
Npark 33/45
Mac 36/45
Boro 37/45
Mont 37/45
Bdoora 46/46
Can some-one explain to me why WPL and Bdoora have have a bigger budget than the other teams.

On a separate matter why is there no game next week over the three divisions. Surely the Inter- League games are not that important.
The 23rd man rule- points don't count for 23rd player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very easy, Injuries in the Seniors and Reserves. It's happening at a few clubs I hear even Eltham and Heidelberg have had quite a few this year.

Agree, injures are hitting a few clubs and no doubt when the numbers return sides like Heidelberg will show they are still a team that will influence the finals.

Out of interest..anyone know when was the last time a newly promoted club defeated the reigning premier in Div 1 in their first meeting?

The big issue is why do WPL and Bundoora have more player points then the rest. I thought the idea of it was to create a more Le el playing field. Doesn't seem like it is. I think this should be raised to the NFL.

The big issue is why do WPL and Bundoora have more player points then the rest. I thought the idea of it was to create a more Le el playing field. Doesn't seem like it is. I think this should be raised to the NFL.
While they are looking into that, also consider if you should be allowed a 23rd man if you don't field an u19 side.

While they are looking into that, also consider if you should be allowed a 23rd man if you don't field an u19 side.
Not sure if that's the right call. It's not like there would be no 19s sticking around after the 19s didn't get up, great way to reward some of the young fellas for sticking around and could fast track their development by giving them a game where they might not have been a look in otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back