NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone looking for a local footy fix on Anzac Day, Diamond Creek are playing Lalor at Coventry Oval, normal start times.

I'm afraid not, I watched a half of Heidelberg v Mac yesterday, a few worrying signs there I may add, how bad are your 2's??
On Banyule though, you might playing them sooner than you think, in Division 3 , if the bank is closed.

Heidelberg vs Heidelberg West will be the biggest derby to look forward for the 'power house' of the NFL
Safe to assume that this forum is your sole contribution to local footy.

Will be an interesting affair this weekend. 0-4 and you can pretty much write the season off. Had a look at the team that took on Macleod and lets be honest - it was pretty ordinary. H have a handy list of outs at the moment.

Been away for the school holidays and come back to find a Banyule flog on the Div 1 thread, hope you're not a bit ahead of yourself Witch el come back and bite that XL arse of yours.

Most of the talk from last week directed at Hberg (rightfully so) but Mont rolled Eltham by 50 points on the weekend. I tipped them for the spoon going alright at 2-0.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before about the fixture, however, I've only just realised that we wont have all teams on even games until Round 15 when West Preston & Heidelberg eventually have their bye for the Round 1 fixture. It's a bit ridiculous

Also Macleod playing Heidelberg Round 2 and again in Round 7 - why is that ? Why can't all teams play each other once before the return bout ?

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before about the fixture, however, I've only just realised that we wont have all teams on even games until Round 15 when West Preston & Heidelberg eventually have their bye for the Round 1 fixture. It's a bit ridiculous

Also Macleod playing Heidelberg Round 2 and again in Round 7 - why is that ? Why can't all teams play each other once before the return bout ?

Agree, just another NFL illogical decision (which is the same as their indecisions they consistently do not make)

If it was so important that WPL and Heid play so early why was that not round 1 and fixture fixed? :huh::huh:

All I know is relegation is on the cards for you, lucky to win against Greensy, you have too many players North of 29 years, your mid range players are not up to it and Hursty and Whittlesea will beat you. And you have no ruckman.

How were they lucky to beat Greensborough? Don't follow Eltham but just curious as to how you think they got lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I know is relegation is on the cards for you, lucky to win against Greensy, you have too many players North of 29 years, your mid range players are not up to it and Hursty and Whittlesea will beat you. And you have no ruckman.

We had 2 players who were over 30 years old in our seniors in the team against Mont.
Luck can play a big part in football so I'm happy to be 1-1 going in to round 3.
I don't believe we will be playing off for a flag this year but it am very confident in staying up.
You seem to have spent a lot of time studying our playing list, you must have a vented interest in Eltham?

I am not going to name players on this forum, your supporter blamed the ground for the loss and I answered with a reason why you lost

Isn't big footy the place to name players behind the safety of an alias?

On another topic. How are Bundoora looking with their new recruits? They were my tip for the flag but what happened on Saturday, did they play bad or Whitt play well?

Follow Monty mate, just speaking to one of your supporters at the game. I took umbrage at your mates reason for being beaten. The ground was in pretty good nick on Saturday I thought.
How do you think you will improve this year?
Hey pencil neck; all that was said that it's a difficult ground to play on. CHF/CHB is pretty much null and void. Depth will be Monts downfall this year considering they named 17 players on the reserves team sheet last week.

Agree, just another NFL illogical decision (which is the same as their indecisions they consistently do not make)

If it was so important that WPL and Heid play so early why was that not round 1 and fixture fixed? :huh::huh:

I think thats a bit harsh Denny, its been a factor for many years now that clubs can organise special games on different weekend. Its not NFL arranged its club arranged all the NFL have ensured is that everyone plays each other twice and 9 home games each.

like the

and what's with the 4 home games in a row for Eltham ? Not great fixturing

I think thats a bit harsh Denny, its been a factor for many years now that clubs can organise special games on different weekend. Its not NFL arranged its club arranged all the NFL have ensured is that everyone plays each other twice and 9 home games each.

May seem harsh but with the debacle in leadership that they are showing with the U19 issues and the simplistic way fixturing is (ask Clubs for wishes, ensure if both clubs agree fit in....then ensure everyone plays twice home and away) I think its rather fair.

and what's with the 4 home games in a row for Eltham ? Not great fixturing

Agree, from what I hear that was a Eltham request asking for the 20th May to be a home game (with Bundoora agreeing) due to pre-organising a large Breast Cancer Day to raise money for the charity (150 tickets sold so worthy day). Again instead of making one of the other games an away game somehow they fixture four home games in a row, yes it all evens out in regards to home and away games played but in the interest of fairness as much as possible home and away each week cannot be that hard to figure out.

May seem harsh but with the debacle in leadership that they are showing with the U19 issues and the simplistic way fixturing is (ask Clubs for wishes, ensure if both clubs agree fit in....then ensure everyone plays twice home and away) I think its rather fair.

Agree, from what I hear that was a Eltham request asking for the 20th May to be a home game (with Bundoora agreeing) due to pre-organising a large Breast Cancer Day to raise money for the charity (150 tickets sold so worthy day). Again instead of making one of the other games an away game somehow they fixture four home games in a row, yes it all evens out in regards to home and away games played but in the interest of fairness as much as possible home and away each week cannot be that hard to figure out.
only one way to fix it.put ya hand up and take over as you have all the answers.King Denny

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back