NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey pencil neck; all that was said that it's a difficult ground to play on. CHF/CHB is pretty much null and void. Depth will be Monts downfall this year considering they named 17 players on the reserves team sheet last week.

Just saw today's results and I'm pretty sure after knocking off Greensy at home and now being 3-0, the depth is fine. I noticed a couple of regular seniors were out. Although, 2s got smashed so further injuries may test them.

Nice win by Macleod. They look strong. Perhaps the extra game taking its toll on WP players?

Just saw today's results and I'm pretty sure after knocking off Greensy at home and now being 3-0, the depth is fine. I noticed a couple of regular seniors were out. Although, 2s got smashed so further injuries may test them.

Nice win by Macleod. They look strong. Perhaps the extra game taking its toll on WP players?
Vendetta against me? Schoolgirl crush, that's cute.

Anyway ontopic, Heidelberg were much stronger and had more polish than my mob today. Grimley flashed in and out but definitely a good get. Well done hfc and co.

Vendetta against me? Schoolgirl crush, that's cute.

Anyway ontopic, Heidelberg were much stronger and had more polish than my mob today. Grimley flashed in and out but definitely a good get. Well done hfc and co.

Vendetta...??? Inhale some ganja this weekend?

Why would you be afraid of people referring to YOUR comments? I was simply replying to the depth comment based on my observations & the actual results.

If that's causing you great concern then don't post.

Went to the Macleod / West Preston game at De Winton. Although the ground looked in great condition, it was a spongy surface. Not looking to forward to see it in the middle of winter once it gets chopped up. Macleod were excellent in the centre clearances and jumped WP with direct ball movement and running in numbers down the middle of the ground where the ground surface was better. It took WP until the last 5 minutes of the quarter and they starting winning the clearances at the centre bounces and went more direct. Before you could blink, they had piled on 4 successive goals to be back into the contest. They continued their momentum into the 2nd quarter and had hit the lead after a bit of an arm wrestle. In the 2nd half, it was all one way traffic.

Just an observation, I don't think I've seen current coach better than Ramsey. Certainly helps when the players buy into his style. They play for him and that goes a long way in achieving any sort of success. Inspired choice by the NFL for the interleage

Agree, from what I hear that was a Eltham request asking for the 20th May to be a home game (with Bundoora agreeing) due to pre-organising a large Breast Cancer Day to raise money for the charity (150 tickets sold so worthy day). Again instead of making one of the other games an away game somehow they fixture four home games in a row, yes it all evens out in regards to home and away games played but in the interest of fairness as much as possible home and away each week cannot be that hard to figure out.[/QUOTE]

This proves my argument, clubs are requesting changes to fixture and opposition clubs are agreeing to these changes. Clubs are trying to provide more for their supporters and Eltham Breast cancer day is a fine example of this. Imagine if the NFL said no to this fixture change because it meant Eltham had home 4 games in a row, Denny would be one of the first to complain.

Went to the Macleod / West Preston game at De Winton. Although the ground looked in great condition, it was a spongy surface. Not looking to forward to see it in the middle of winter once it gets chopped up. Macleod were excellent in the centre clearances and jumped WP with direct ball movement and running in numbers down the middle of the ground where the ground surface was better. It took WP until the last 5 minutes of the quarter and they starting winning the clearances at the centre bounces and went more direct. Before you could blink, they had piled on 4 successive goals to be back into the contest. They continued their momentum into the 2nd quarter and had hit the lead after a bit of an arm wrestle. In the 2nd half, it was all one way traffic.

Just an observation, I don't think I've seen current coach better than Ramsey. Certainly helps when the players buy into his style. They play for him and that goes a long way in achieving any sort of success. Inspired choice by the NFL for the interleage

I went down and watched the NP vs WP night game a few weeks back and NP got the jump too (lead most of the game from memory). Unfortunately for them WP took control at the end and ran over the top, but NP looked good early.

Always helps if the coach has complete buy in.

Observations from the footy so far, nice to check the computer on a Saturday night and be surprised with the results over the past 3 weeks, comp is as even as i can remember

Mac
- Real deal, playing some good football early in the season.
Mont - Still have to win them, but have played 3 of the bottom 4, massive month ahead (Bun, Heid, WPL), depth a major concern
WPL - Not sold on them. It's a long winter playing on heavy grounds like last game, changes in September though, Saad will be dominant.
NP - Depends how much of their VFL talent stay on the park, but flying under the radar nicely
Bund - Bad drop against Whit, think they will find themselves higher very shortly though.
Hbg - They have lost too much of their star power, can't rely on lower ranked players, big drop off from the mighty bergs
Whit - Surprising result after they beat Bundoora away getting pumped by NP, will have more wins than last year
Elt - Transitioning into their new regime, will hover around the drop zone, missing a few though which doesn't help
Gre - Bunch of kids, will take some time to gel but when it clicks will be up and about again.
Hur - Nice to see a freshly promoted team not get pumped from the start, impressive without winning one so far.

Observations from the footy so far, nice to check the computer on a Saturday night and be surprised with the results over the past 3 weeks, comp is as even as i can remember

Mac
Mont - Still have to win them, but have played 3 of the bottom 4, massive month ahead (Bun, Heid, WPL), depth a major concern
WPL - Not sold on them. It's a long winter playing on heavy grounds like last game, changes in September though, Saad will be dominant.
NP - Depends how much of their VFL talent stay on the park, but flying under the radar nicely
Bund - Bad drop against Whit, think they will find themselves higher very shortly though.
Hbg - They have lost too much of their star power, can't rely on lower ranked players, big drop off from the mighty bergs
Whit - Surprising result after they beat Bundoora away getting pumped by NP, will have more wins than last year
Elt - Transitioning into their new regime, will hover around the drop zone, missing a few though which doesn't help
Gre - Bunch of kids, will take some time to gel but when it clicks will be up and about again.
Hur - Nice to see a freshly promoted team not get pumped from the start, impressive without winning one so far.

Hurstbridge have been in every game thus far but fallen short in the last qtr. Would want a win soon to get the monkey off the back or might find it hard to catch up and avoid relegation. Pretty sure they have 2-3 wins in them this year.

Mac
Mac look well ahead of the pack at the minute. Monts real test comes in the next month, could see them go 3-3 to bring them back to more realistic position. NP travelling nicely and will be there at the business end, Bundy about the same besides the hiccup against whit. Bergs still missing a few but may be a case of too little too late, wouldn't wanna run into them late in the year if they have full numbers on the park, depth a big issue after the mass exodus. Whit Eltham Borough and HB to plug away in the bottom 4, all will be competitive and take their fair share of scalps, maybe HB can get off the mark this week with a huge win at home against the Bergs. All in all the comp looks in good shape, all sides capable of winning on their day and no blowouts, as of yet. Heres hoping for much of the same

Mac look well ahead of the pack at the minute. Monts real test comes in the next month, could see them go 3-3 to bring them back to more realistic position. NP travelling nicely and will be there at the business end, Bundy about the same besides the hiccup against whit. Bergs still missing a few but may be a case of too little too late, wouldn't wanna run into them late in the year if they have full numbers on the park, depth a big issue after the mass exodus. Whit Eltham Borough and HB to plug away in the bottom 4, all will be competitive and take their fair share of scalps, maybe HB can get off the mark this week with a huge win at home against the Bergs. All in all the comp looks in good shape, all sides capable of winning on their day and no blowouts, as of yet. Heres hoping for much of the same

I wouldn't say "well ahead of the pack"....West Preston had our measure for periods of the game and they also had a few out. I think Heidelberg will get some momentum now, Northcote Park and Bundoora going ok too......that is my top 5 in no particular order.

The big surprise is Greensborough so far. What's going on there ?

only one way to fix it.put ya hand up and take over as you have all the answers.King Denny

No I am sure the over paid NFL staff can continue to cop my wrath. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No thanks Snakey, We all saw how he ran the footy tipping Comp a few years ago

Bit tough, I did have a ripper going a few years back but last year was stuck in hospital and rehab for many months.....tigerkelly is still giving it to me because of this.

Correct weight hfc, denny pulled a hammy and going anywhere near a keyboard was not part of his rehab. He let all us tipsters down badly.

See. :D;):D;)

Mac

Pretty decent wrap up after a few weeks. .

To add to your comments, my opinion: Bergers will be fine and with the returns they expect will make top 5 (however have nothing in twos). WPL will manage the points system to their liking and be top 3. Bridgers will win a few. Mont whilst impressive early will pray for no injuries as they look to be struggling to field a twos ATM. Slime may be looking for BTs number, who would have thought sacking a bloke that takes you to a GF and top 3 would result in you being more successful? (greedy much) however again have strong numbers with twos looking good.

Agree this will be the most even in years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This proves my argument, clubs are requesting changes to fixture and opposition clubs are agreeing to these changes. Clubs are trying to provide more for their supporters and Eltham Breast cancer day is a fine example of this. Imagine if the NFL said no to this fixture change because it meant Eltham had home 4 games in a row, Denny would be one of the first to complain.

Sorry tubby I would not complain and it does not prove your argument, they do the right thing taking club requests (so does the AFL mind you) I would upset if they did not take early club requests. But they take them and then produce a fixture (how hard can everyone playing everyone twice really be???) that is a little nonsensical it is annoying. Anyway my annoyance is not overly with their inability to do a job a 6 year old with Excel experience could do, my issue at the moment is with their leadership. For example, still byes in U19s, no detailed plan for the future of U19s. No openness on Preston for finals (why we are treated like red headed step children there and what do we (clubs) benefit from it or are we supporting Carlton???) etc etc

I am only observing a club from the outside that has a supporter who likes to take digs at other clubs but he lives in a glass house himself. Hi Drainbead.

I am pointing out the deficiencies his club has eg.

1/ Having coaches coaching their sons who are not up to Div 1 standard eg no 14 and 16 and keep playing them and my spies tell me the midfielder has averaged under 3 possies a game.
2/ It seems the tail is always wagging the dog and when someone comes in like Mario B they couldn't cope.
3/ Badly lacking a ruckman and let go two who went to Diamo and Avondale Heights.

Lets face it this club is an under performing club and should be better.

Underperforming club? It's common knowledge in the NFL how much money Monty has spent over the past decade, which has bought them 0 success. Geez you let that one slip a few years ago against bundy.

But I dont think this forum is enjoying seeing you come on here constantly and starting beef. It's getting tiring.
I wouldn't be getting too cocky either champ, it's only round 4. Don't forget...it's a marathon not a sprint.

Better to have loved than to have never loved before champ.

I love my girlfriend, not a 15 year old golden retriever that is your only friend like yourself.

Anyway I'm sick and tired of your dribble please refrain from quoting 15 different quotes at once anyone I cbf reading it.

Back to footy.

I am hearing Trealor is close to returning to Heid which will only make them stronger once Gilmore returns. I also agree about boros outs they are pretty big. Fowler is a fair loss if cleared

I love my girlfriend, not a 15 year old golden retriever that is your only friend like yourself.

Anyway I'm sick and tired of your dribble please refrain from quoting 15 different quotes at once anyone I cbf reading it.

Back to footy.

I am hearing Trealor is close to returning to Heid which will only make them stronger once Gilmore returns. I also agree about boros outs they are pretty big. Fowler is a fair loss if cleared
Would rather pick a legless dog than trealor. Can't kick a snag to save himself. Gilmore and gribben will be huge when they return

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back