NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't condone this sort of behaviour either but you seem hellbent on convicting him. Something may have eventuated for him to react like that ?? He is not a grub mate going on his history. He cops his 2 weeks and we move on.

Now onto Fahour, does the NFL have the balls to give him 9 weeks and rub him out for life or do they take into consideration his position within the AFL community , the fact that there are only 7 games remaining in the season (plus finals), and give him a lesser penalty. If he gets a lesser penalty, it will be fascinating to see this board go into overdrive. The AFL surely can't maintain his employment regardless of the outcome and the legal ramifications will be enormous given the exposure of this particular case.
Well bro
I don't condone this sort of behaviour either but you seem hellbent on convicting him. Something may have eventuated for him to react like that ?? He is not a grub mate going on his history. He cops his 2 weeks and we move on.

Now onto Fahour, does the NFL have the balls to give him 9 weeks and rub him out for life or do they take into consideration his position within the AFL community , the fact that there are only 7 games remaining in the season (plus finals), and give him a lesser penalty. If he gets a lesser penalty, it will be fascinating to see this board go into overdrive. The AFL surely can't maintain his employment regardless of the outcome and the legal ramifications will be enormous given the exposure of this particular case.

If you kick a player on the ground you're a grub and Fahour grub never should step onto a football ground again and sacked from his position like I say we don't need grubs in the game

I read an article a few weeks ago that Robbo had done on an eppingv mernda game, where a mernda player got 7 weeks for bummping an epping player off who was coward punching a player on the ground you would think Fahour would get 16 weeks

I think the action of Fahour on the football field is a total act of cowardice and deserves 8 to 10 weeks suspension how ever i think the calls for sacking him from his job is a bit to much. The Afl could make him take anger management counselling and make him an example of how to deal with this issue .right or wrong the man still have a family and finical commitments as well .as does the bloke he hit just a thought

It's an interesting one where it goes from here. It's not my business the NFL but I don't think it's worthy of 9 weeks. In no way am I defending this act ( as per my previous posts) but there was a fight going on involving a number of players which isn't a good look. Yes his act looked bad and it should be he a gets a hefty suspension but 9 weeks?? Wow..
I'm of the opinion if you whacked someone from behind off the ball yes you go for a long sentence, but this was in a fight when it looked like he bee lined for a certain player who was participating in the fight. Did he deserve to be hit, NO, but there looked to be a bit going on. What actually started the fight?!
But I do think he should be sacked from his employment as there would surely be conditions you need to adhere to and doing this should result in dismissal. He needs to be setting a good example and do does the AFL.

It's an interesting one where it goes from here. It's not my business the NFL but I don't think it's worthy of 9 weeks. In no way am I defending this act ( as per my previous posts) but there was a fight going on involving a number of players which isn't a good look. Yes his act looked bad and it should be he a gets a hefty suspension but 9 weeks?? Wow..
I'm of the opinion if you whacked someone from behind off the ball yes you go for a long sentence, but this was in a fight when it looked like he bee lined for a certain player who was participating in the fight. Did he deserve to be hit, NO, but there looked to be a bit going on. What actually started the fight?!
But I do think he should be sacked from his employment as there would surely be conditions you need to adhere to and doing this should result in dismissal. He needs to be setting a good example and do does the AFL.

Straight up nonsense! Going by what les Adams and Matt Golledge received this year he will 8+

Sorry i disagee. As you said there was a bit of a fight going on he had options. He could have ran in to try to break it up or difuse the situation. He took the option to run in and possibly escalate the situation by not only joining the fight but king hitting a player. He didnt try anything. He ran in with the sole intention of king hitting someone with no thought of the possible consequences. He clearly has issues and deserves everything he gets.

8-10 matches suspension and loss of position at the AFL, Turbo.

If this same situation happened on the street after a night out. He would more than likely be doing time. So close to home regarding Cronin foundation round not that long ago, One act of violence doesn't make another the right thing to do.
Well said, all this justification is absolutely horrendous

What about the tribunal panel tonight, damned if they do and damned if they don't. An big decision for them to make, weeks may already have been decided. I doubt whether WPL can mount a creditable defence.

Fahour should get 8 weeks…..can’t accept that type of an act on the football field. But the media have mauled him and been selective in their reporting. I’ve found it disappointing that they’ve started trawling through irrelevant episodes from the past that happen on the football field most weeks, and they will probably contribute to the bloke losing his job and livelihood. Ease up on him. The hysteria has been crazy. Serious hardened criminals don’t get that sort of exposure….front page of the newspaper and the lead story on the evening news! Deserves a whack, but please! Interesting fact is that over their careers Saddington has been suspended for exactly the same amount of weeks as Fahour….7 weeks. Does that make him the same “thug” that Fahour is? Repeatedly punching Saad in the head while he was helpless in a headlock is pretty poor form by Saddington…as reported on the Herald Sun website. That’s what triggered Fahour to react….albeit the wrong way! My understanding is that another West Preston player was also cited by the NFL for a stomach punch to Saddington as they remonstrated with him to get off Saad. You don’t get that treatment for nothing. The picture being painted of Saddington being an innocent victim is rubbish…he was an active participant in an ugly melee…that his teammate started, and he fuelled by being the first to run in and throw punches. The punches he threw to the head and temple of Saad could also have had a much worse outcome, but like the hit on Saddington it didn’t. Bad all round. I’m not sure if the public are aware, as they only see the snippet of vision on the TV, but Saddington bounced straight back up, continued in the melee, did not receive any medical attention, and played out the rest of the game. Did not leave the field at all. If the proponents of the “coward punch” were fair dinkum, they should also view Saddington’s repeated punches to a restrained person as “coward punches”. I’m happy for people to go hard at Fahour, and deservedly so, but do so while understanding the full story.

Lone danger,

Karnezis was quoted in HS saying Saddington threw 2 punches - vision, match review panel and umpires say otherwise. Watch the vision again, why didn't Pat help Saad if he was being punched, he's right there???? Should've been over there when his mate was in a headlock but that says more about Pat than anything else. You can intervene without king hitting someome

Saad was yellow carded in the melee, by your reckoning for being set upon by 3 Whittlesea players. I'll grant you that he was in a headlock, that's the only part that resembles the truth.

And finally, Saddington played on for 5 minutes, went off, returned to the field and was re assesssed at 3qtr time and played no further part in the match. So as you've suggested, NO, he didn't play out the game. If you're going to be so assertive in your statements, at least have some facts behind you.

Last edited:
Fahour should get 8 weeks…..can’t accept that type of an act on the football field. But the media have mauled him and been selective in their reporting. I’ve found it disappointing that they’ve started trawling through irrelevant episodes from the past that happen on the football field most weeks, and they will probably contribute to the bloke losing his job and livelihood. Ease up on him. The hysteria has been crazy. Serious hardened criminals don’t get that sort of exposure….front page of the newspaper and the lead story on the evening news! Deserves a whack, but please! Interesting fact is that over their careers Saddington has been suspended for exactly the same amount of weeks as Fahour….7 weeks. Does that make him the same “thug” that Fahour is? Repeatedly punching Saad in the head while he was helpless in a headlock is pretty poor form by Saddington…as reported on the Herald Sun website. That’s what triggered Fahour to react….albeit the wrong way! My understanding is that another West Preston player was also cited by the NFL for a stomach punch to Saddington as they remonstrated with him to get off Saad. You don’t get that treatment for nothing. The picture being painted of Saddington being an innocent victim is rubbish…he was an active participant in an ugly melee…that his teammate started, and he fuelled by being the first to run in and throw punches. The punches he threw to the head and temple of Saad could also have had a much worse outcome, but like the hit on Saddington it didn’t. Bad all round. I’m not sure if the public are aware, as they only see the snippet of vision on the TV, but Saddington bounced straight back up, continued in the melee, did not receive any medical attention, and played out the rest of the game. Did not leave the field at all. If the proponents of the “coward punch” were fair dinkum, they should also view Saddington’s repeated punches to a restrained person as “coward punches”. I’m happy for people to go hard at Fahour, and deservedly so, but do so while understanding the full story.
What does saddingtons record have to do with anything? So you can king hit anyone that's been suspended now? And it's funny how Karnezis was one of the only people to see what know one else saw?? Even the video suggests that he didn't do anything you are saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does saddingtons record have to do with anything? So you can king hit anyone that's been suspended now? And it's funny how Karnezis was one of the only people to see what know one else saw?? Even the video suggests that he didn't do anything you are saying.

I won't go with it as fact as I'm not 100 % on this but reckon Karnezis working in the dept Fahour oversees at AFL may have a bearing in what he did and didn't see

So bugg got 6 weeks miles was f$&ked did not play out the game?? is this more about race but a few on here a bit scared to admit? Give him a few and move on and stop asking for his job grow up you tools imagine we all lost our jobs everytime we stuffed up out of work.

What a crock of shit this is! The part you quoted from the herald sun is from the mouth of Karnezis who is obviously going to go in and bat for his mate Fahour. It shows the kind of character getting around the club at West Preston that they think anything can justify what Fahour did. There is no excuse ever to run as far he did to coward punch someone from the side who is looking the other way and being held.

Saddington's past is irrelevant in this, he is the victim. Fahour's past is not irrelevant, he's a coward and a thug that should have been banned for life when he jumped the fence to fight someone in the crowd a few years ago. Then this would never have occurred.

Where you reference Saddington getting straight back up, are you trying to say that makes it any less serious? Had the punch been slightly more towards the temple it could have been a whole lot worse. Or had it been it a different player it could have had a different impact, the fact is it just shouldn't happen on a footy field.

Also, as you say Fahour only did it because Saddington had Saad in a headlock, what is your explanation for Fahour then running off to try hit someone else after he hit Saddington?

Hunteyes, we know you are Saddington's best mate so wouldn't expect anything else from you. Unfortunately you weren't there. You're biased facts are distorted. Saddington wasn't the one holding Saad in the headlock, he was the one punching him. Also, there was no second hit by Fahour...but there were two blokes that Saddington hit....initially Lirosi and then Saad. Similar coward punches to Fahour's own hit.

Hunteyes, we know you are Saddington's best mate so wouldn't expect anything else from you. Unfortunately you weren't there. You're biased facts are distorted. Saddington wasn't the one holding Saad in the headlock, he was the one punching him. Also, there was no second hit by Fahour...but there were two blokes that Saddington hit....initially Lirosi and then Saad. Similar coward punches to Fahour's own hit.
You are getting tiresome, log off and get some fresh air. 'Impartial spectator'

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back