NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL will have NO choice but do give this idiot a massive holiday. Its now a media circus and the league has worked very hard to get away from its past reputation. He is a thug and jumped a fence during another game which he got away with. 12 weeks. Lucky not to kill the kid
Lock him up!

I was there as an impartial spectator and am not condoning what Fahour did, but the story being portrayed is very one sided and not entirely accurate. Saddington was not an innocent bystander....no mention anywhere that he was hooking into another player that was already helplessly being held in a choker hold! He was dishing out stuff that was also very low and not acceptable on footy field. 3-4 Whittlesea players set upon a West Preston player....including Saddington. That's what prompted the retaliation on him...albeit forceful. It wasn't a king hit from behind...it was to a player heavily involved in untoward punching of Fahour's teammate. Sadington git straight back up and played out he rest of the game. The whole incident was started by Riley Dyson from Whittlesea who forearmed a West Preston player in the face when play had stopped...West Preston had already been awarded a free in front of goal. Fahour's actions were over the top but so is the media beat up around this...driven by Whittlesea FC sending footage into media outlets which is unnecessary...particularly when it was their players who started the melee and who had 3-4 players set upon one player like wild dogs. It will get addressed at the tribunal like any other striking charge. Leave it there and make sure that both sides of the story are presented.

Posted just last month.

"All matches played in the NFL across the weekend of June 16-18 will support the Stop The Coward Punch campaign to raise awareness of the dangers and devastation of social and street violence. Violence in our communities is an all too common occurrence and it seems we can’t go a day without another example of violence reported in the news. The Northern Football League is determined to be a leader in our community by encouraging our clubs to take a stance when it comes to issues such as the coward punch. This type of behaviour is unacceptable in our community and it must be stopped so that no family suffers needlessly. All clubs in the NFL are this week encouraged to make a statement of support to end the coward punch through their communication channels to their players, members and supporters."

All meaningless words from the NFL unless he isn't punished severely.
Whether it's right or wrong, a lot of acts on the football field happen week in and week out get brushed aside as "just what happens in a game of footy" but this particular case, which is so black and white, the NFL and the AFL must come down hard. It's as simple as that.
Idiot Mark Robinson speaking on SEN today - "Robinson did also acknowledge we are only seeing one side of the issue, and he wants to hear Fahour’s side of the story". - Utter rubbish. If there wasn't video and we were going off hearsay I would agree to an extent, but the footage is so black and white and damning you can't say something like that,.
Over to you NFL/AFL...

I was there as an impartial spectator and am not condoning what Fahour did, but the story being portrayed is very one sided and not entirely accurate. Saddington was not an innocent bystander....no mention anywhere that he was hooking into another player that was already helplessly being held in a choker hold! He was dishing out stuff that was also very low and not acceptable on footy field. 3-4 Whittlesea players set upon a West Preston player....including Saddington. That's what prompted the retaliation on him...albeit forceful. It wasn't a king hit from behind...it was to a player heavily involved in untoward punching of Fahour's teammate. Sadington git straight back up and played out he rest of the game. The whole incident was started by Riley Dyson from Whittlesea who forearmed a West Preston player in the face when play had stopped...West Preston had already been awarded a free in front of goal. Fahour's actions were over the top but so is the media beat up around this...driven by Whittlesea FC sending footage into media outlets which is unnecessary...particularly when it was their players who started the melee and who had 3-4 players set upon one player like wild dogs. It will get addressed at the tribunal like any other striking charge. Leave it there and make sure that both sides of the story are presented.

He runs past a dozen people and whacks a bloke who isn't looking. Please clarify which part is not accurate??

Posted just last month.

"All matches played in the NFL across the weekend of June 16-18 will support the Stop The Coward Punch campaign to raise awareness of the dangers and devastation of social and street violence. Violence in our communities is an all too common occurrence and it seems we can’t go a day without another example of violence reported in the news. The Northern Football League is determined to be a leader in our community by encouraging our clubs to take a stance when it comes to issues such as the coward punch. This type of behaviour is unacceptable in our community and it must be stopped so that no family suffers needlessly. All clubs in the NFL are this week encouraged to make a statement of support to end the coward punch through their communication channels to their players, members and supporters."

All meaningless words from the NFL unless he isn't punished severely.
Whether it's right or wrong, a lot of acts on the football field happen week in and week out get brushed aside as "just what happens in a game of footy" but this particular case, which is so black and white, the NFL and the AFL must come down hard. It's as simple as that.
Idiot Mark Robinson speaking on SEN today - "Robinson did also acknowledge we are only seeing one side of the issue, and he wants to hear Fahour’s side of the story". - Utter rubbish. If there wasn't video and we were going off hearsay I would agree to an extent, but the footage is so black and white and damning you can't say something like that,.
Over to you NFL/AFL...
Deserves all the media attention it get and the according consequences too. Even though this type of behaviour has gone unpunished is the past. Nothing personal.

You are an absolute moron. He ran at least 30 metres away and king hit a player not looking at him. don't try and justify this dog act. Who cares who started it or what happened in the scuffle. There were players from both sides throwing punches. But none of them through a coward punch. Should get 12 weeks

You are an absolute moron. He ran at least 30 metres away and king hit a player not looking at him. don't try and justify this dog act. Who cares who started it or what happened in the scuffle. There were players from both sides throwing punches. But none of them through a coward punch. Should get 12 weeks

The player has just done a live interview and said he took the 2 weeks but has now decided to take it to the tribunal and wear the consequences and he will plead guilty. He seemed remorseful and was close to tears but I agree his got to cop the full punishment..

Can't believe someone is disputing it wasn't a king hit. Clearly it was a king hit and pretty disgusting act by what I saw on the footage..These things just shouldn't happen. Yes things can get out of hand but running in to a fight and doing this is what the country is trying to stop in this world.

Lol an 'impartial spectator' that somehow knows every single name of the players involved. Dunno why an impartial spectator would go and watch Whitt v west. Not exactly match of the round.
How you can possibly say there was any grounds to do what he did is laughable. This is a disgusting act and a terrible look for west and the league

Lol an 'impartial spectator' that somehow knows every single name of the players involved. Dunno why an impartial spectator would go and watch Whitt v west. Not exactly match of the round.
How you can possibly say there was any grounds to do what he did is laughable. This is a disgusting act and a terrible look for west and the league
He ran past blokes to get to his teammate that was set upon by 3 Whittlesea players. One of them was Saddington. That’s why he ran straight in that direction. You might have to ask Saddington if the West Preston player in a headlock that he was punching was looking at him! Like I said I don’t condone it, but don’t paint the picture that the Whittlesea player was minding his own business and was hit…..particularly if you weren’t there to see it live, or if you haven’t seen the WHOLE incident on the vision. Fahour will get weeks I’m sure, and rightly so.

To answer ontheprowl, I never said I supported what he did. I said it was wrong and it will be dealt with. Didn’t know that you could only attend the match of the round! I follow the NFL pretty closely (and the EFL) and was with a bloke who supports one of the teams. Hope that’s OK ontheprowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He ran past blokes to get to his teammate that was set upon by 3 Whittlesea players. One of them was Saddington. That’s why he ran straight in that direction. You might have to ask Saddington if the West Preston player in a headlock that he was punching was looking at him! Like I said I don’t condone it, but don’t paint the picture that the Whittlesea player was minding his own business and was hit…..particularly if you weren’t there to see it live, or if you haven’t seen the WHOLE incident on the vision. Fahour will get weeks I’m sure, and rightly so.

To answer ontheprowl, I never said I supported what he did. I said it was wrong and it will be dealt with. Didn’t know that you could only attend the match of the round! I follow the NFL pretty closely (and the EFL) and was with a bloke who supports one of the teams. Hope that’s OK ontheprowl.
Saw slow mo the video. Clearly shows eagles player dragging a wp player in headlock. Also shows another Eagles player engaging both of those 2 players. Sort of trying to grab them.

However, you then see another wp throw a right fist to ribs of the grabbing player, the eagles player then turns around to engage the wp player who just punched him in the ribs, only then get clocked with a right elbow to head from his right side.

Eagles players focused on the wp player front of him. Not the bloke who came in from his left with cocked elbow.

At most If he was a man he would have pushed, waited till he was front on and then chinned him. At best lead by example and try to get his team mates out of it.

Just watched the Macleod game the Macleod no. 9 will get a few weeks half way through the last Q kneed or kicked a Hurstbridge player wasn't caught on video but the ump red carded him and seen what he did we will just have to see what happens anyway couple of incidents This week we don't need in the game

He ran past blokes to get to his teammate that was set upon by 3 Whittlesea players. One of them was Saddington. That’s why he ran straight in that direction. You might have to ask Saddington if the West Preston player in a headlock that he was punching was looking at him! Like I said I don’t condone it, but don’t paint the picture that the Whittlesea player was minding his own business and was hit…..particularly if you weren’t there to see it live, or if you haven’t seen the WHOLE incident on the vision. Fahour will

You're trying to defend the indefensible by creating a version that isn't true. If he punched as you say he did, he will be cited. I have no doubt he wont. Players from both sides played a part in the melee, you'd prefer they didn't happen but they do most weeks.

The offending player admitted on national TV that there was no excuse for his actions, probably a good idea if you stopped trying to fabricate one.

You're trying to defend the indefensible by creating a version that isn't true. If he punched as you say he did, he will be cited. I have no doubt he wont. Players from both sides played a part in the melee, you'd prefer they didn't happen but they do most weeks.

The offending player admitted on national TV that there was no excuse for his actions, probably a good idea if you stopped trying to fabricate one.

Not sure which part of me saying that what he did was wrong you don't actually understand latemail?? I'm not defending him just describing the incident and the lead up.

Just watched the Macleod game the Macleod no. 9 will get a few weeks half way through the last Q kneed or kicked a Hurstbridge player wasn't caught on video but the ump red carded him and seen what he did we will just have to see what happens anyway couple of incidents This week we don't need in the game

Didn't go to the game unfortunately. Credit to Hurstbridge for getting the job done. As soon as I saw the "outs" from the team selection I had a gut feeling that we would drop this game. Not much has been reported about the game unfortunately , seems to be over-shadowed by the Fahour drama

Didn't go to the game unfortunately. Credit to Hurstbridge for getting the job done. As soon as I saw the "outs" from the team selection I had a gut feeling that we would drop this game. Not much has been reported about the game unfortunately , seems to be over-shadowed by the Fahour drama
It was a good game Macleod were 33 up at the half don't know what happened in the second half they went MIA To Hurstbridges effort not to give up even though they could of thrown in the towel and the 9 kneed or kicked the 4 hurstbridge got a 50m penalty and evened the scores the bridges fellas just held on Macleod had a couple of chances to win but bad kicking let them down

It was a good game Macleod were 33 up at the half don't know what happened in the second half they went MIA To Hurstbridges effort not to give up even though they could of thrown in the towel and the 9 kneed or kicked the 4 hurstbridge got a 50m penalty and evened the scores the bridges fellas just held on Macleod had a couple of chances to win but bad kicking let them down

Number 9 is the co-captain, Justin "Scooter" White, one of the best players in the comp.......just an FYI.

Number 9 is the co-captain, Justin "Scooter" White, one of the best players in the comp.......just an FYI.
Well I don't think kicking a player who was on the ground is anything to be proud of couldn't care how good he is if you resort to shitty acts like that hope he gets his right whack

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...r/news-story/137c9c4d3b0309cdacb2299a49813d2c

Now here the heraldsun have hit a low, I was all for fahour facing the consequences of recent actions. But digging this footage up and labelling it a "cowardly attack" is pathetic.

No doubt he has form, but the above is a true football incident and was dealt by the NFL.

Jumping the fence and fight spectators, as well punching an unsuspecting player to head is not.

Well I don't think kicking a player who was on the ground is anything to be proud of couldn't care how good he is if you resort to shitty acts like that hope he gets his right whack

I don't condone this sort of behaviour either but you seem hellbent on convicting him. Something may have eventuated for him to react like that ?? He is not a grub mate going on his history. He cops his 2 weeks and we move on.

Now onto Fahour, does the NFL have the balls to give him 9 weeks and rub him out for life or do they take into consideration his position within the AFL community , the fact that there are only 7 games remaining in the season (plus finals), and give him a lesser penalty. If he gets a lesser penalty, it will be fascinating to see this board go into overdrive. The AFL surely can't maintain his employment regardless of the outcome and the legal ramifications will be enormous given the exposure of this particular case.

I don't condone this sort of behaviour either but you seem hellbent on convicting him. Something may have eventuated for him to react like that ?? He is not a grub mate going on his history. He cops his 2 weeks and we move on.

Now onto Fahour, does the NFL have the balls to give him 9 weeks and rub him out for life or do they take into consideration his position within the AFL community , the fact that there are only 7 games remaining in the season (plus finals), and give him a lesser penalty. If he gets a lesser penalty, it will be fascinating to see this board go into overdrive. The AFL surely can't maintain his employment regardless of the outcome and the legal ramifications will be enormous given the exposure of this particular case.

I think the action of Fahour on the football field is a total act of cowardice and deserves 8 to 10 weeks suspension how ever i think the calls for sacking him from his job is a bit to much. The Afl could make him take anger management counselling and make him an example of how to deal with this issue .right or wrong the man still have a family and finical commitments as well .as does the bloke he hit just a thought

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back