NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Macleod has been the best team in Div 1 over the past 3 years but fallen short on GF day (have a poor GF record over the past 10 years haven't handled the favourites tag) and Bundoorahave made a statement with recruiting and must be a huge chance to go back to back. Pressure on Macleod to go after some big names especially need a ruckman

Macleod has been the best team in Div 1 over the past 3 years but fallen short on GF day (have a poor GF record over the past 10 years haven't handled the favourites tag) and Bundoorahave made a statement with recruiting and must be a huge chance to go back to back. Pressure on Macleod to go after some big names especially need a ruckman

How many teams have come up from Division 2 and grabbed a flag within 5 years ? Just remember that we didn't get back into D1 until 2010 and have contested 3 GF's in 3 years. They are so hard to come by mate, plenty of teams have been in D1 for a very long time and not tasted that sort of success.

Poor record in GF's ? Getting there is half the battle. Lost 5 and won 2 since 2006. I think that's pretty darn good

How many teams have come up from Division 2 and grabbed a flag within 5 years ? Just remember that we didn't get back into D1 until 2010 and have contested 3 GF's in 3 years. They are so hard to come by mate, plenty of teams have been in D1 for a very long time and not tasted that sort of success.

Poor record in GF's ? Getting there is half the battle. Lost 5 and won 2 since 2006. I think that's pretty darn good
Best team in the NFL for the past 3 years no doubt. You either have a poor record or a good record in grand finals it's black or white . Great achievement to get there but Macleod have a poor record in Grand Finals.

Was going to ask any news from Macleod camp? Any ins and outs ? Only heard Clark may be leaving to the bears

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only what most people already know, Cathal Corr retired and Pope signed up from the Eastern league. We don't tend to turn over lots of players in any year but would expect a couple to shop themselves around for financial reasons as we are pretty disciplined with not overpaying players

Absolutely love the way Macleod have gone about it but how long does one stay at the top? Need to cash in while they can no point dominating home and away if you can't get the job done on the big stage IMO.

Is Nick lynch still going around and is there any chance the old skipper is returning from overseas? Heard stories that the Kings were going to join brother Liam but seeing as Jarrod has signed at Bundoora that looks to be false.

Only what most people already know, Cathal Corr retired and Pope signed up from the Eastern league. We don't tend to turn over lots of players in any year but would expect a couple to shop themselves around for financial reasons as we are pretty disciplined with not overpaying players
Ned McKeown gone aswell?

Absolutely love the way Macleod have gone about it but how long does one stay at the top? Need to cash in while they can no point dominating home and away if you can't get the job done on the big stage IMO.

Is Nick lynch still going around and is there any chance the old skipper is returning from overseas? Heard stories that the Kings were going to join brother Liam but seeing as Jarrod has signed at Bundoora that looks to be false.

Liam would never leave the ratpack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurstbridge a chance, a big maybe. Doggies will be back to division 2 in 12 months.
Based on what? Cloke yes big pick up. But Keenan and burton are just players now. And North Heidelberg? Settle down.

North heidelberg will account for Montmorency and Whittlesea so theres 4 wins.

Hurstbridges young players will grow another leg with cloke in the team, as well as learn from the expericne of Keenan. Burton is just extras agreed but guys like Simpson and Reading will be far better off.

It T.Cloke signs name one player in the league who will get near him one on one. Hes 110kg.

With the signing of Keenan at Hurstbridge with over 300 games it would be great to know who the top 10 senior games holders are in the DVFL/NFNL. Does anyone know who holds the record? Is anyone close to getting into the top 10 who is still playing?

Last edited:
Riddle yes, legget is the most overrated player in the comp has been for years

Well there goes your credentials. He gets the toughest gig most weeks and continues to get in the best players. Held Moorcroft goalless on 2 occasions last year, made the NFL team. Not sure what you bone is with him, but he is held in high regard at the club and I'm sure he is admired from opposition supporters.

Tell me, saying he "is the most overrated player in the comp for years", can you give me examples to back up such a ridiculous tag ?

Well there goes your credentials. He gets the toughest gig most weeks and continues to get in the best players. Held Moorcroft goalless on 2 occasions last year, made the NFL team. Not sure what you bone is with him, but he is held in high regard at the club and I'm sure he is admired from opposition supporters.

Tell me, saying he "is the most overrated player in the comp for years", can you give me examples to back up such a ridiculous tag ?

Had about 10 marks taken on him in the qualifying final this season, and Macleod won that by 100 points.

Played on him personally and didn’t find him to be the best I’ve played against, watched others play on him and have good days on him.

It’s easy to look good when you’re in the top team, would love to see him in an average team.

I admit calling him hopeless was going overboard but he isn’t the messiah you think he is.

Had about 10 marks taken on him in the qualifying final this season, and Macleod won that by 100 points.

Played on him personally and didn’t find him to be the best I’ve played against, watched others play on him and have good days on him.

It’s easy to look good when you’re in the top team, would love to see him in an average team.

I admit calling him hopeless was going overboard but he isn’t the messiah you think he is.

We cant always play at our best week in / week out, so he had a below average game against yourself. How many rep games have you played for the NFL ? and I have never thought he was a "Messiah", just defending him from keyboard warriors who are quick to make judgements. Pull ya head in

Northcote Park picked up anyone? Always pretty quiet this time of year but end up with a few handy recruits come round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back