NFL Div 1 - Offseason!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post all thoughts for the upcoming 2012 season.

Cougars new coach, Eltham new coach. PLenty happening already.

Post away!
I saw some fantastic games this year and I reckon it's the first time in years first division has improved.To have all the ex afl players plus some great local talent shows that the league is heading in the right direction.If it improves again,the NFL won't be looked upon as inferior to the Eastern and Essendon leagues anymore
I know Heatley was a great player so hopefully he can take Northcote that next step and Wetherald can get Eltham playing with some consistency

Adam Contessa has departed Bundoora, signing on as playing-coach of Airport West.
sucked in airport west.....

Also I don't want to alarm anybody but I think the NFL are in dire financial problems at the moment... The club just received a bill for the 2 slabs of beer the league provided us after the grand final for a whole $72.00......

The club just received a bill for the 2 slabs of beer the league provided us after the grand final for a whole $72.00......

If true thats pretty poor form, you would think with the money they made on just the gate they could afford to give the Premiers a few cold ones.....maybe if they had of been Boags you would have not had to pay...:)

If true thats pretty poor form, you would think with the money they made on just the gate they could afford to give the Premiers a few cold ones.....maybe if they had of been Boags you would have not had to pay...:)

I don't reckon. Why should they?
Did Bundoora (or any other club) buy the NFL two slabs for putting on a great season?
WIth the coin Bundoora spent on paying its players you would think it can buy its own beer after the game.
No such thing as a free lunch.

sucked in airport west.....

Also I don't want to alarm anybody but I think the NFL are in dire financial problems at the moment... The club just received a bill for the 2 slabs of beer the league provided us after the grand final for a whole $72.00......

Dont rate him SPC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Bundoora (or any other club) buy the NFL two slabs for putting on a great season?
WIth the coin Bundoora spent on paying its players you would think it can buy its own beer after the game.

Thats a pisser.

The club didnt ask for 2 slabs of warm Boags beer...... The were just wacked in the middle of rooms.

If your hosting a party you dont provide the piss and then send all your mates an invoice a couple of weeks later asking for some coin...

Dont rate him SPC?

Nah he's a terrible bloke, blead the club for 3 years, was never there after selection and wouldnt have bought one beer in his whole time at Bundoora!

Nah he's a terrible bloke, blead the club for 3 years, was never there after selection and wouldnt have bought one beer in his whole time at Bundoora!

Maybe that's what happens when you lure players by coin rather than for the jumper!

Spent 5-6 years at Panther. First one there and last to leave most training/selection /social nights. Probably didn't buy too many frothies but let those less fortunate than him (i.e Kickass) take plenty of his moola at the Poker table.

I'd say he is a fantastic bloke. He just doesn't suffer fools or Pizza Cats.

Surely your taking the piss? That surprises me if true as when he was at Eltham he was always there and usually the last to leave. Cracking bloke I thought.

You are kidding, spite posts about teams spending coin to achieve the ultimate prize is one thing but seriously, if Clubs did not do all the hard work to have the money then would so many turn up each week to watch? The NFL, if organised well (and I am not saying they are not) should have made a fair coin over the finals series and giving a few cans of SPONSORED beer to the victors seems fair enough to me.

Bundoora (and all Clubs) PAY to play in the NFL, that is their two slabs for running the competition I think.

And their IS such a thing as a free lunch, the NFL pays for a three course meal with entertainment for all the NFL board, executive and NFL support volunteers on Grand Final day at the ground. Again I actually agree they should do this and well done to them.

Maybe that's what happens when you lure players by coin rather than for the jumper!

Spent 5-6 years at Panther. First one there and last to leave most training/selection /social nights. Probably didn't buy too many frothies but let those less fortunate than him (i.e Kickass) take plenty of his moola at the Poker table.

I'd say he is a fantastic bloke. He just doesn't suffer fools or Pizza Cats.

Pretty sure I took the piss out of you old ducks on those poker nights.

Surely your taking the piss? That surprises me if true as when he was at Eltham he was always there and usually the last to leave. Cracking bloke I thought.

Off course I'm taking the piss, he spends his whole life on the computer with his job (stay at home dad) so I'm just stirring the pot.

I'm sure he will still come down some thursdays so I can take his money during cards.

Best of luck to the little ewok!!

Off course I'm taking the piss, he spends his whole life on the computer with his job (stay at home dad) so I'm just stirring the pot.

I'm sure he will still come down some thursdays so I can take his money during cards.

Hhahahahahahaha

Any Bundy players looking at a move to Airport West with the little wombat?

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hhahahahahahaha

Any Bundy players looking at a move to Airport West with the little wombat?

I wouldn't imagin any of the best 22 would move across, however a few of the better 2nds players may look at playing some more regular senior footy. Remember Angry coached the 2nds for the previous 2 years as well.

But who knows what players think though today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back