NFL Div 1 - Offseason!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I judged him by his 1K approx a game at monty for 3 Clangers per game.
Didnt see him play ones at HBerg this yr at all. It was more of a sarcastic joke but if your going to stand there and defend his ability and demand of money then be my guest.
Not defending his ability but he actually played ok in some big games, Mont away, Bun home. Not even sure if he is there next year but one could argue Heid got more value out of him than Mont got out of their so called star recruits.

Heard that Leigh Brown is off to west preston (same deal as rocca plays a few games here and there)

Good for a Collingwood fan with rocca, presti and brown in the same team. Not good as an opposition supporter haha

Heard that Leigh Brown is off to west preston (same deal as rocca plays a few games here and there)

Good for a Collingwood fan with rocca, presti and brown in the same team. Not good as an opposition supporter haha

Rocca may not play at all as he has gone full time as an assistant at collingwood and presti is still tossing up whether to play or not!

I think the bad news for all backmen next year is that moorcroft and cloke have again signed at bundoora! Look out!

Leigh Brown is a coach at Melbourne also so his time will be very limited.

Heard a few departures at HBerg. Lee, Williams and couple of others...any truth?

Has anyone actually signed anyone decent?

Massive movements in the EDFL, is anyone in the NFL throwing money around or are they all doing so behind closed doors?

Has anyone actually signed anyone decent?

Massive movements in the EDFL, is anyone in the NFL throwing money around or are they all doing so behind closed doors?

Heard Mont signed Chris Stewart but he had to give his sign on fee back because he was contracted to Marby for one more year.

NFL_JC.......moving into the coaching ranks at Whittlesea.

Congrats JC, enjoy the early morning dew mate.

Saw him play a great game in the 2000 TAC G/F. Don't think he has played as well since. Not really sure he is up to NFL standards.

Hey? He kicked 80 odd goals in the better Goulburn Valley leauge 2 seasons ago and played half the year in the WAFL last year. Not up to NFL? What NFL are you watching?

Saw him play a great game in the 2000 TAC G/F. Don't think he has played as well since. Not really sure he is up to NFL standards.

Is this man serious? The bloke has 113 games of AFL under his belt and you're speculating as to whether he will be up to the standard. Turn it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez that 10k they won from Boags didn`t last long!

Or money well spent depending on the year they plan to have... Very well run club Monty, just need some senior silverware to go with the dozen or so bridesmaid trophies they have... I'd say the "Not really up to it" comment was tounge in cheek...?!? Just a little sly dig was the way i read it... Prob not warranted either...

Have heard that quite a few of the Heidelberg players have formed a posse and will be heading up bush next season to play.

100 % true. Heidelberg will have lost 3/4 of their Grand Final team by the time round 1 arrives. Wouldn't surprise me if they were in second division within a couple of seasons.

100 % true. Heidelberg will have lost 3/4 of their Grand Final team by the time round 1 arrives. Wouldn't surprise me if they were in second division within a couple of seasons.

I thought the opposite...

They may have fun buying a new team.

monty have signed an ex balwyn spud

With all these blokes that Mont are signing, you would think they didn`t have any juniors! Must be hard to be a young kid playing at a club that puts so much focus on recruiting outsiders to potentially take the place of home grown talent. Perhaps they don`t rate there own? Atleast the blokes that Heidelberg have forked out for tend to hang around for a time. Be a nightmare being the in charge of past players at Mont, with the amount that go through the revolving door:rolleyes:

With all these blokes that Mont are signing, you would think they didn`t have any juniors! Must be hard to be a young kid playing at a club that puts so much focus on recruiting outsiders to potentially take the place of home grown talent. Perhaps they don`t rate there own? Atleast the blokes that Heidelberg have forked out for tend to hang around for a time. Be a nightmare being the in charge of past players at Mont, with the amount that go through the revolving door:rolleyes:

It can bring success bringing in your players who came through the juniors and a good season like Greensborough , but also there is the other side as Eltham ae finding out.

Tool. Mate all you do is get on here and bag Mont which is fine. But factually you can't argue the kids we brought in this year shows a great development. An 18 year old came third in 1s B&F and the following list of current UNDER 19's ALL played a shit laod of games in the 1s this year:

Brooker (3rd in B&F)
Walton
Higgins
Daley
Fitzgerlad
Chiocci

Thats 6 U/19s playing regular 1s.

So just for the sake accountability who is your team hero. I want to make sure im as subjective about them as your are for MOnt. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back