NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

And finally the comment that Lower had celebrated like a GF win was responded by "like you'd blokes would know".

Mont have not won a Senior Div 1. GF win for many years.

Also have not won a Div. 2 GF senior, reserves or u19's

I guess they don't how to celebrate a Div. 2 GF

For simple minds, you have to be in Div. 2 to win Div. 2 GF.

Congratulatons Lower on your win.

Anyone surprised that the cougars took care of the bulls?

Not that big of a surprise.... They have been up for a while.... a couple of important injuries......the conditions wouldnt suit their big forwards......the bye in the VFL meant NP had a couple of players back... a combination of all the above.

Mont have not won a Senior Div 1. GF win for many years.

Also have not won a Div. 2 GF senior, reserves or u19's

I guess they don't how to celebrate a Div. 2 GF

For simple minds, you have to be in Div. 2 to win Div. 2 GF.

Congratulatons Lower on your win.

I reckon you may need to improve your literacy skills before you start targeting others as people with simple minds.

;);)

Matt Della is making a return. Apparently can play

Late breaking newsflash just came up on Channel 513 FoxSports News.

Late withdrawal from the big Plenty Rd clash. Injuries being blamed.

Sad day for al the fans heading out that way and a sad day for footy in general.

Just sitting around watching FoxSports News and they have had a news flash. Apparently the early retirement rumours are incorrect and said person has purchased new footwear and will be lining up as a central figure at Yulong this week against the Panther.

This is a career you could write a movie about. :D:D

I did not know literacy, grammar and spelling are a prerequisite for posting.

Did not say that they are a prerequisite to post, but reckon if you are going to call people simple you need to at least look a little less simple by having your posts at least reading in semi-decent English. ;)

Anyone know if the Pres was true to his word and the Mont players got docked for there efforts on the weekend? Heard a whisper today that you could count on 2 fingers the people that are allowed to know the true wage bill. And one of them is not the treasurer! My source tells me that plenty are not happy and the brown smelly stuff is not far off hitting the thing with blades that spins around;)

Anyone know if the Pres was true to his word and the Mont players got docked for there efforts on the weekend? Heard a whisper today that you could count on 2 fingers the people that are allowed to know the true wage bill. And one of them is not the treasurer! My source tells me that plenty are not happy and the brown smelly stuff is not far off hitting the thing with blades that spins around;)

I spoke to someone I know really well that reckons comments allegedly attributed to said Prez would have been impossible to have been said at the times stated as he was standing with them.......I am not saying they were not said, just probably not when Brutal has said they were.

My source tells me that all is fine down Para Rd, yes they have heavily backed themselves in this year but its still early and they have a pretty damn good team that anyone dismisses would be kidding themselves.

Although I believe the lights are on down there right now for some goal kicking practise that is not expected to end until late tonight....:D

Looks like one team played out of their skins, while the other put in a Barry Crocker (despite having 9 more shots on goal). A few out there seem pretty keen for a full on Mont implosion, but only 2 weeks prior they put the Bergs away on their own dung hill by 12+ goals! Awesome work by Lower, maybe the positive should a focus on this thread every now and then. I'm not writing off Mont yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like one team played out of their skins, while the other put in a Barry Crocker (despite having 9 more shots on goal). A few out there seem pretty keen for a full on Mont implosion, but only 2 weeks prior they put the Bergs away on their own dung hill by 12+ goals! Awesome work by Lower, maybe the positive should a focus on this thread every now and then. I'm not writing off Mont yet.
9 more shots at goal and still got pumped by the bottom side, that aint a Barry Crocker thats a Meat Loaf, and we all know how he preforms come finals time.As for the win over the Bergs, Northcote beat them by about the same and held them goaless till just before 3/4 time about the same time last year and only one of those sides went on to play finals. Bit more history for you,oh sorry you bloke aren't big on history its all a bit sad isn't it

I see that a said Afl employee & part time WPL player, came away from his "investigation > Misconduct charge", in which he was found guilty, with nothing more than a severe reprimand.

Like most, I know very little detail about this other than what was reported (and no, i don't believe everything i read) but surely given that this is the second of somewhat similar serious incidents this season, he deserved some time on the sidelines.

I wonder if someone who was employed in any other occupation would be courted in the same way?? It would seem that this cat surely has more than the usual 9 lives. :confused:

Powerful friends?
What is not in dispute - left the field of play (not through interchange) then returned - clear misconduct and for the common man would be an automatic 1-2 week suspension.
You get 1 week for having the wrong stops and four weeks for booing umpires.
NFL = Fail.

Given the NFL's history of investigation outcomes would anyone be surprised with the outcome? They have a history of trying to sweep things under the carpet.

Given the NFL's history of investigation outcomes would anyone be surprised with the outcome? They have a history of trying to sweep things under the carpet.

What an absolute joke this league is becoming, how can you get away with leaving the field of play to engage in an altercation OFF the ground....I was always taught dont listen or worry about anything the supporters say....GROW UP...

I see that a said Afl employee & part time WPL player, came away from his "investigation > Misconduct charge", in which he was found guilty, with nothing more than a severe reprimand.

Like most, I know very little detail about this other than what was reported (and no, i don't believe everything i read) but surely given that this is the second of somewhat similar serious incidents this season, he deserved some time on the sidelines.

I wonder if someone who was employed in any other occupation would be courted in the same way?? It would seem that this cat surely has more than the usual 9 lives. :confused:

Maybe a case of not wanting to bite the hand that feeds you ..........

The AFL becomes involved and the NFL turns to jelly. The player concerned was charged with "wayward intent" What does that mean? It seems to me that if you water down the charge you can water down the penalty.

The AFL becomes involved and the NFL turns to jelly. The player concerned was charged with "wayward intent" What does that mean? It seems to me that if you water down the charge you can water down the penalty.

"wayward intent" - Um, pretty sure that word is used to describe the phenomenon after spending a night drinking a gazzillion bourbons, beer or bundy at a footy club social, followed by copius more at an overated night club and perhaps a 3am kebbab or two.

I'm sure all who read this forum have been guilty of that charge at some point in time and yes come to think of it, It does carry a servere reprimand whenever you stumble back through the front door of home. :eek:

Perhaps someone can provide a precedent. Notwithstanding, any comments regarding the outcome of the matter mean zip.

From memory a Fitzroy Stars player was charged after he left the field of play and entered the Lower Plenty coaches box last season. I know he got a suspension, but not sure if it was for that or another incident during game. Think it was Kane Cooper!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/loc...-fan-during-game/story-fn53klh2-1226373364655

The hearing lasted for over an hour before the tribunal deemed Fahour had sufficient reason to leave the field of play and decided on a reprimand

Well, someone was after a precedence and now we have one, he had a reason.....reasons are obviously relative so now its a free for all. Cheers NFL tribunal.

It is the second time Fahour has escaped suspension for misconduct, after facing a similar charge after a Round 1 melee against Bundoora.

Oh, wait, no mention if he had a reason for this one....lets forget that the AFL was not overly involved then.

“In hindsight I probably should have stayed on the ground but the reality is once family is involved everything changes.”

No shit sherlock, oh wait, now we have your 'reasons'......hold on, did they not say you were only gone for 10 seconds, damn you must be good to sort everything out that quick. No wonder you are a prize worker for the AFL

Absolutely I am (happy) with the result, common sense has prevailed,” he said

Yes you should be happy, but please do not call it common sense, it is a plain farce that you have been let off for a second time.

“I have been really disappointed with the whole situation and how I have been labeled. It is not a true reflection of my ethics and core beliefs.

Labelled, mate you labelled yourself...twice in a few weeks. I have no doubt that your true ethics and core beliefs will come out again.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back