NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Free kick might have been 50-50 but the 50-metre penalty was awarded because the Boro player dropped the f-bomb at the umpire. Lack of discipline, just like the non-playing captain's efforts after the siren. BTW, the commentary was provided by club stalwart Walshy and has gone viral on social media. Count how many times he says "unbelievable".
Incorrect it was on carnell 100%. There was no f bomb

Incorrect it was on carnell 100%. There was no f bomb
Just watched the replay, you are right. Can only assume a Boro player didn't hand the ball back correctly. Might have been stiff but I can give plenty of examples when we have been on the wrong end. Pretty sure plenty of my potential hundreds were denied because of crook decisions...

umpire-bashing, neck up oxymoron. 80% of all games are umpired to a mediocre standard, its local football and you are going to get that.

edit: since checking from this afternoon, oxymoron seems to have deleted his post, coward.

guess it's gotta be quoted to be noted next time! :thumbsu:

I was at the game.The 50 m was paid before the greensborough player had a chance to pass the ball back . He was back going through his routine for a set shot after taking a mark . I can't see how the umpire expected him to get it back earlier . Surely a player with the game in the balance is not going to try his luck throwing it 20 m to the player awarded the free kick and risk missing him and giving up a certain 50m penalty.
hahahaha i think its funny, i love having a win under these circumstances, you were robed boro bad luck but stiff shit....... couldnt have happend against a better rivalry for macleod.....

There have been some very ordinary posts, especially ones that name and insult umpires, even incite violence. Don't do it. My first and last warning.

An extention of the Poor Away Changerooms discussion of a few weeks back, The clubs that build themselves an elevated coaches box and F#%K the visiting side, I think says a lot about the type of club they are. Its not hard to do and there wouldn't be any restrictions if they already have one. Be interested in the thinking behind it

An extention of the Poor Away Changerooms discussion of a few weeks back, The clubs that build themselves an elevated coaches box and F#%K the visiting side, I think says a lot about the type of club they are. Its not hard to do and there wouldn't be any restrictions if they already have one. Be interested in the thinking behind it
One big restriction.. $$$$$, not a cheap item so not as easy as you think, i dont think it says anything about the club except that they have been fortunate enough to raise the money for a good box for there coach.

An extention of the Poor Away Changerooms discussion of a few weeks back, The clubs that build themselves an elevated coaches box and F#%K the visiting side, I think says a lot about the type of club they are. Its not hard to do and there wouldn't be any restrictions if they already have one. Be interested in the thinking behind it[/
That is not a great comment. Extremely unfair to judge a club based on that. It's not easy convincing a sponsor to put in money towards an away team coaches box. It is more to do with resources, and money. But I think as a player, I question the clubs who have changerooms smaller than a public cubicle (west Preston), yet have shown to spend money elsewhere year after year.

Sincere condolences to President Brian on the sad passing of his wife. She will be sadly missed.:hearts:
Come on Bulls, This week will be a cracker.

What a load of crap, if a club dosen't have the resorces within to build another coaches box that also says a lot about it, and when you build it then you sell it to a sponsor and it makes you money and you look a lot more professional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of crap, if a club dosen't have the resorces within to build another coaches box that also says a lot about it, and when you build it then you sell it to a sponsor and it makes you money and you look a lot more professional.
Well spoken Notablowie, if you can build one, you should be able to build two. Maybe if some clubs trimmed their player payments they could look after opposition clubs.

Well spoken Notablowie, if you can build one, you should be able to build two. Maybe if some clubs trimmed their player payments they could look after opposition clubs.

Obviously Tiger K and Notablowie have never been involved at committee level at their respective clubs. Fact: the coach's box at Macleod cost about $8K which was covered by two sponsorships. Had those two sponsorships not been available, we wouldn't have built it. By NFL standards, the away coach's box (and away rooms) is fine and until these latest rants, nobody from an opposition club has complained. Rock up to the West Preston or Whittlesea away rooms or the Eltham away coach's box (which had a massive hole in in last time I was there) and you will agree Macleod's facilities are fine.

Obviously Tiger K and Notablowie have never been involved at committee level at their respective clubs. Fact: the coach's box at Macleod cost about $8K which was covered by two sponsorships. Had those two sponsorships not been available, we wouldn't have built it. By NFL standards, the away coach's box (and away rooms) is fine and until these latest rants, nobody from an opposition club has complained. Rock up to the West Preston or Whittlesea away rooms or the Eltham away coach's box (which had a massive hole in in last time I was there) and you will agree Macleod's facilities are fine.
Obviously you only open your mouth to change feet. You should get your facts right before you comment on a persons level of commitment to their club.

Fact- Macleods ground and rooms are pathetic, a shithole lodged between Cape st. and the railway line, the council spent a fortune trying to get rid of the hill and left them with a greater shithole than they started with and you Goofy Joans know this and should do something about it being a committee person we all hold you responsable for the disgrace that the Macleod football club is today.

Fact- Macleods ground and rooms are pathetic, a shithole lodged between Cape st. and the railway line, the council spent a fortune trying to get rid of the hill and left them with a greater shithole than they started with and you Goofy Joans know this and should do something about it being a committee person we all hold you responsable for the disgrace that the Macleod football club is today.

I can't believe an issue like a stupid coaches box is your motive behind slagging off at our club. It might be a shithole to you, but it's our shithole and we like it. Envious is a word that springs to mind don't you think ?
What club are you associated with ? I'm sure we can find imperfections over your neck of the woods

Clearly don't have any involvement at club level. In the NFL, every ground/club has faults whether it be ground quality, parking, coaches box, changerooms, club rooms. It's suburban football, get over it.

OK, to bring this back onto footy talk. Where are we are at the half way mark. We have three standout sides (Monty, Bundoora and Heidelberg) that I reckon no one is willing to put their house on one as outright favourites.

Next I think we have a race for two finals spots and five sides vying for them. Whilst the spread at the moment is two and a half games, The Panthers, Cougars, Slime, Kangeroos and Roosters are going to have a cracking second half of the season to try and get one of the elusive spots.

Looking into the Denny Crane Crystal Ball (sometimes clouded by Bundy) I will give my top 5 for the end of the year, in order:

Montmorency - The most inconsistant side in the top three but if they find the consistency they need will not drop another game this year. Beaten both other top sides.
Bundoora - Probably will be a bit shocked in themselves that they have dropped two at this stage of the year, will finish top two.
Heidelberg - Always up there, only major blemish was the pantsing from Monty.
West Preston Lakeside - Had an interesting first half of the season but will be right up there and will knock off a few of the others on the way.
Eltham - Many long term injuries have hurt them recently and will have to knuckle down and re-group after two straight losses. Have worked hard to earn this finals spot.

Believe the scuffle started after a blatant free kick not paid to a LP player. 10 to 15 players involved in a minor scuffle which was right against the fence. Unfortunately a member of the crowd who is not a member or player at LP reached over the fence and took a swing at a Whittlesea player. No one likes to see idiotic behaviour like this and the person involved was immediately asked to leave. My understanding is that he will not be welcome at future games.

Believe the scuffle started after a blatant free kick not paid to a LP player. 10 to 15 players involved in a minor scuffle which was right against the fence. Unfortunately a member of the crowd who is not a member or player at LP reached over the fence and took a swing at a Whittlesea player. No one likes to see idiotic behaviour like this and the person involved was immediately asked to leave. My understanding is that he will not be welcome at future games.
So was there any truth to the rumour that the game was abandoned? If so, the above doesnt really explain why that level of action would be taken. Is there more to this?

So was there any truth to the rumour that the game was abandoned? If so, the above doesnt really explain why that level of action would be taken. Is there more to this?
Game was abandoned by the umpire. His reason was crowd involvement. Simple as that!
Both sides were dumbfounded.

NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back