NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't beat a good consipiracy theory!! The ground was actually rolled yesterday and is in pretty good nick. It was only a little bit slippery last night for training despite all the rain.

Should be a ripping game so we're hoping to see a big crowd for what is basically a Grand Final for both teams.

Will be an interesting battle. Imagine if Lower win by 4 goals. Who jumps for joy on the final siren ?

Should be a ripping game so we're hoping to see a big crowd for what is basically a Grand Final for both teams.

Do hope they get a ripping crowd.....may assist paying some recently acquired fines.......;)

Seriously though, destined to be a ripping match. Hope the weather stays away as much as possible.

WOW!!! Relegated by 1%

What an end to the season for the Bears. Staying up is always the first goal and they have achieved it. With 19s and 2nds in finals things look good for them.

Whittlesea have had a few great games whilst they ventured into Div one but now will have to head down and start again, with a pretty ordinary 2nds there maybe be some serious recruiting needed before we see them again.

Looking forward to a ripping finals series, as it stand Monty are easily the favourites, in both senior grades. But as we all know anything can happen at Cramer St.

choke-a-duck.jpg

Heidelberg midfielder Danny Nolan has capped off another ultra consistent season winning his third club best & fairest award.

The champion Tiger won comfortably from skipper Blair Harvey, while pacy wingman Sean Logie finished third.

Nolan's win places him in elite company at Heidelberg as one of only four players to have won three or more best & fairest awards at the club with his previous wins coming in 2004 & 2007. Along with his 5 Premierships, Nolan is one of the most decorated players in HFC's history. In 2011 he was named as ruck rover in the club's 'team of the decade'.

The 164-game veteran was named in the best on 10 occasions out of his 17 games so far in season 2012 and his return of 24 goals makes him a standout performer in the Northern Football League. Along with his brother Dale, Danny will be preparing for his ninth consecutive finals series over the coming days when Heidelberg meets Bundoora in the Qualifying Final this Saturday at Preston City Oval.

In other results, HFC stalwart Matt Sutton took out the reserves best & fairest and up and coming Tiger Daniel Kelly took out the under 19's award.

Danny still one of the premier on-ballers in the NFL. Hopefully he can salute the judges one more time in late September. Would be a nice full stop on a stellar career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danny still one of the premier on-ballers in the NFL. Hopefully he can salute the judges one more time in late September. Would be a nice full stop on a stellar career.
Ryan Harris win Macleods bnf for the 2nd year straight with 95 votes, followed by Sean Melican with 93 and 3rd to Kane Shaw with 87..........

Pretty quiet thread at the moment. Shouldn't be, considering there's a couple of cracking finals to be played on the weekend. The weather looks like doing the right thing as well, Sunday looks sensational. Who do you think will win and why?

Hberg to get over Bulls. You cant ignore the form of the Bulls in the last 3 months. 5 wins in that time from 11 starts. Although they are right in amongst the best teams, they certainly havent played well for a sustained period. Of course they could click and get rolling but they are playing a pretty good opponent with every bit of finals experience as they do.

WP Lakeside seem to have 2 teams. One that plays against lower teams and the one that plays against the higher ranked teams. If we assume that they think this game warrants playing their A team, then I think they can win. Im not convinced on this but I do feel like Northcote has been on a high (winning streak) for quite a while and their energy levels will be tested soundly during the finals. Experience might bite them?

Now that they have survived div 1, Lower has been busy signing it's current list with the bulk of the senior squad signed. Most recent signings being Billy Barden, Patty Flynn, Cam Elmore, Dylan Atkins, Clint Monger, Hugh Kavanagh and a heap of young guns. Couple of the young blokes were offered a fair bit of coin by atleast one other div 1 club and a div 2 club that went out of contention last week, but never considered leaving. Also heard that apart from Whittlesea, Lowers next door neighbor were not happy with the Bears surviving and a few of there supporters were mumbling quite a few obscenities when the final margin was conveyed.

Looking forward to some exciting games over the weekend:

Seniors.
Elimination Final
Northcote Park vs West Preston - A couple of big ins for both teams in this cut-throat final and fancy that the Roosters will be a bit more finals experienced and settled and cam get over the top of the Cougars to stay alive for at least one more week.
Qualifying Final
Heidelberg vs Bundoora - Both teams have brought back some important players but one wonders how match-fit they will be. Should be a great game, weather permitting, with the outcome of the mid-field battles crucial, and giving the old Tigers the nod in a close one over the Bulls.

Reserves
Elimination Final
West Preston vs Lower Plenty
Qualifying Final
Greensborough vs Eltham

Under 19s.
Elimination Final
Eltham vs Whittlesea
Qualifying Final.
Greensborough vs Montmorency

Seniors.
Elimination Final
Northcote Park vs West Preston. Expect the more experienced Roosters to take out this win or go home final from the Cougars
Qualifying Final
Heidelberg vs Bundoora. Both were on the losing end last week with the Tigers loss more significant. Expect an entertaining contest with the energised Bulls to prevail.

Reserves
West Preston vs Lower Plenty
Greensborough vs Eltham

Under 19s.
Eltham vs Whittlesea
Greensborough vs Montmorency

I will be honest but there is now way Bundoora will recover from today. The Grand Final will be between Monty and Heidelberg. There may be a few twists, Northcote Park and West Preston-Lakeside could do something unexpected....but from what I saw today and what they have done in the past 10 weeks....the Premiers will not go back to back.

Whilst I was happy for you to avoid the obvious answer to my question at the time, I think you will agree that MOORECROFT and CLOKE were to two very, very obvious players I was referring to in late April. 8 goals kicked by Bunnies on Sat and 7 from MOORECROFT and CLOKE. Given the big fellas imminent departure, should this be cause for concern? Harrison looks fat (er) old and slow. If he isnt 40 years old, his body certainly is!

I will be honest but there is now way Bundoora will recover from today. The Grand Final will be between Monty and Heidelberg.....the Premiers will not go back to back.
Bundoora missing a couple but appeared genuinely disinterested. Mutterings from players post 1/4 and 3/4 time huddles suggest the Shark's departure can't come soon enough. Big positive for Tigers was the broad spread of goalkickers (12). Mont, however, will provide a much sterner test.
Here's hoping the Cramer St wind tunnel is on it's best behaviour next Saturday.

Bundoora missing a couple but appeared genuinely disinterested. Mutterings from players post 1/4 and 3/4 time huddles suggest the Shark's departure can't come soon enough. Big positive for Tigers was the broad spread of goalkickers (12). Mont, however, will provide a much sterner test.
Here's hoping the Cramer St wind tunnel is on it's best behaviour next Saturday.
The whisper is that some Bundoora boys will be heading back north up Plenty rd next season.

The whisper is that some Bundoora boys will be heading back north up Plenty rd next season.
The only one that has confirmed he is leaving Bundoora is Harro. Has decided that his time in Division 1 is over but will probably play Div 2 or Div 3 somewhere, where im sure he would dominate playing out of the square.

Other than that I wouldnt have thought too many will leave, but i guess the coaching appointment will determine that.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back