NFL Div 2 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again slowlegs, you have it wrong. Mayby Paul King was doing the frothing, he referred to the coach as a "dog" and a "wog Dog", thought this league had moved on from Rasicm??? further to this, when the Coach questioned his age, he didnt like it. Also, he didnt abuse "players", he questioned one player about his age, not really abuse??? How do I know this, I was sitting behind the Coach when this took place. Lets not make mountains out of molehills, Epping got the 4 points and the title they deserve as the best team in Second Division at the moment

Another point Slowlegs, have you got a reply to the comment about the 1970 Coaching tactics of the Reserve Coach??? He was heard at qtr time and half time instructing his players to "go for the head" if Epping had their head over the ball. One Epping players teeth went through his lip, he got kicked??? If North want to play like thugs, they should be able to take abit of good old fashioned heckling.

Another point Slowlegs, have you got a reply to the comment about the 1970 Coaching tactics of the Reserve Coach??? He was heard at qtr time and half time instructing his players to "go for the head" if Epping had their head over the ball. One Epping players teeth went through his lip, he got kicked??? If North want to play like thugs, they should be able to take abit of good old fashioned heckling.

what are drugs are you on, i was at every coaches address and in the rooms at half time. the only mention about heads was that epping were putting their head over the ball first and north's players were clumsily giving away free kicks. And in regards to the epping player that bit his lip, i reckon u might have been wearing you 1 eyed glasses as that same player gave a north player a nice cheap shot only minutes earlier. dont condone either action (didnt see a kick but did see a punch) but if you gonna give it prepare to receive.

coaches comments should be water off a ducks back and as far as im concerned who cares what the coaches say as long as its not race/religion or too personal. everyone knows were the line is.

I agree jaytiger, coaches comments shoud be water off a ducks back! The comment made was about his age, nothing more! Not sure what the big deal was...

I agree jaytiger, coaches comments shoud be water off a ducks back! The comment made was about his age, nothing more! Not sure what the big deal was...
what about the coach in question calling a young thomo player a heroin addict when the kids family were standing right behind the epping box. needs to pull his head in i say.

I am finding this very interesting I watched every bit of the Epping reserves game and the seniors ! Let me say best side won on the day !
Can address a few issues addressed at us
1. I did not see any player get kicked at all as there wasnt too many scuffles at all and surely if a player was kicked Id expect epping teammates to stick up for him .....

2. AT NO STAGE I REPEAT NO STAGE were players instructed to go for the head !
It was pretty obvious no you or someone you spoke to was not in the rooms at half time as you might have heard one the coaches say " Epping are harder head over the footy and most of the free kicks are there "

I agree that is all old school tactics and is not what NHFC is about

as for the heckling geees emotions were high and it was a good win lets all move on its happend for 100 years and will happen for a 100 more

Enjoy the win and enjoy the success but please don't accuse players or more importantly coaches of something that is simply and plainly not true

We had people listening to Norths coachs address, that was the msg they got, if it was misunderstood, then that is great news! That may be the case at half time, but stand by what I said for the qtr time address. I agree, things should be left alone, the only reason I spoke up was that if stones are going to be thrown, and most people doing the throwing should make sure that they dont live in glass houses.

I look fwd to Round 18, with both clubs putting on another 2 cracker games!

We had people listening to Norths coachs address, that was the msg they got, if it was misunderstood, then that is great news! That may be the case at half time, but stand by what I said for the qtr time address. I agree, things should be left alone, the only reason I spoke up was that if stones are going to be thrown, and most people doing the throwing should make sure that they dont live in glass houses.

I look fwd to Round 18, with both clubs putting on another 2 cracker games!

well I am telling you right now I was at every huddle and every address at NO STAGE , Was it said go the head , told to get them out of the contest yes tackle put em to the ground ... go the head NO ! surely we had enough free kicks against us. Maybe your informant could pass the whole address on where it was said Epping are Harder at the ball .....
Just want to make it clear that was not the case at any direction from any coaching staff !

so are you now saying that Epping got too many frees?

Hope thias isnt another exscuse?
Not at all !

First for the ball, its hard to give a few kick away if you have the footy !

My point was why would a coach say go the head after the amount a free kicks we had given away just doesnt have any logic !

First for the ball ya get free kicks simple...

No excuses deserved the win

H'Bridge v Thomo a lot riding on this game, Bridge have been playing ok for the last 2 weeks without much luck. Bridge by 2 goals.
Epping won't want to relax this week after a hard game last week or Star's might knock us off. Epping by 4 Goals
Lalor should take the points over Morang by 3 goals
Creek V North should be a cracker with both teams after that double chance come finals. North by a couple of goals.
Good Luck & Go Pingers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Folks, I hope you don't mind me crashing your forum - I'll nick off if I'm not welcome. I stumbled upon a post on the DIV 1 forum about a bit of DVFL history, and I wrote the following....I'd be interested if anyone has anything to add.
Otherwise I'll just nick off and you'll never hear from me again....

Historian, I now live in Northern NSW and am way, way distant from DVFL/NFL, but I've got a teaser to test out how good your historical knowledge is.....
Back in the early 1970s (or even earlier maybe), the DVFL was one division. Macleod Rosanna played South Morang out on Plenty Road and both teams were sort of evenly matched. South Morang was a top-of-the-table team at the time.
On this particular day there was an almighty stink with serious injuries, crowd involvement, and I think the game was probably called off because it was so ugly.
The aftermath was that both teams were heavily punished, South Morang probably more so in financial terms. The interesting part of this posting is that I reckon that from that day, South Morang lost their competitve edge and sank down the ladder. Divisionalisation came reasonably soon after and SM was in second division and they sort of wallowed down there.
And I reckon that they have never recovered from that fight in about 1970.

Can you or anyone else cast any light on this....happy if you tell me that I am just living the Northern NSW life too much and my memories are wrong.

Not a bad round of footy ahead in Div 2
HBridge V Thomo- Young HBridge side playing ok ATM, Bridges by 20 points
Epping V Stars- Pingers to good
Lalor V SthM-Bloods easy, lions possibly on the bottom saturday night!
Nth V Creek- Another tough one for the doggies but at the kennel should get the cash.

An interesting foursome of games this round with the top four playing amongst themselves and naturally the bottom four doing likewise, with the results likely to have some big ramifacations for the losers.

Hurstbridge vs Thomastown - A season defining game for both the Bridges and Bears. Fancy the Bridges are playing just that much better at the moment and a win will certainly spice up the relegation battle.
Fitzroy All Stars vs Epping - While each win brings a team closer to a loss, the Blues have fought off all challenges so far and should do so here against the Stars.
Lalor vs South Morang - The Bloods are really just playing out the season, while the Lions need at least another win to be safe from relegation. Think that trap-door will remain ajar at least for the next couple of weeks with a Bloods win here.
North Heidelberg vs Diamond Creek - The double-chamce to play for here and while the Dogggies went down last week to the premiership favourites they were right in the game into the final stanza, and they should rebound against the Demons and grab that prized ladder position..

Once again slowlegs, you have it wrong. Mayby Paul King was doing the frothing, he referred to the coach as a "dog" and a "wog Dog", thought this league had moved on from Rasicm??? further to this, when the Coach questioned his age, he didnt like it. Also, he didnt abuse "players", he questioned one player about his age, not really abuse??? How do I know this, I was sitting behind the Coach when this took place. Lets not make mountains out of molehills, Epping got the 4 points and the title they deserve as the best team in Second Division at the moment
the coach was mouthing off to alot of the players not just kingy he does nt need to say anything to opp players

Looks like Diamond Creek might be the team to beat, what I hear, they were sensational yesterday! Can anyone advise who played on Harvey, great effort keeping him to 1 goal?

Ryan burton, also towered up akermanis when played hurstbridge, highly underrated player

Harvey did miss 5 very gettable shots at goal in the second quarter when kicking with the breeze, for harvey to miss 5 in game is rare let alone a quater. But the creek fella did battle manfully all day.

Stars v Creek, Huge win for creek last week and should continue on there way this week, They are now the Premiership Favorites !
Epping v Bridge, Can't see Bridges troubling Epping.
Thomo v Lalor ? Who cares Lalor
Morang v Doggies, North should bounce back strongly this week
Good Luck

NFL Div 2 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back