NFL Div 2 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to sure if anyone was at vic park on saturday it was the latest game of football i have ever seen ....finished up about 5.30pm in pitch black darkness almost you could not see....which led to the last quarter being 20 minutes flat , was an awesome display of footy by the doggies i think they might be the team to beat now with harvey & cam the new recruit down there ...and plenty to come back in

Barmy I've been saying for weeks that the Dogs will be the team to beat this year.
Epping has been playing some very ordinary footy the last few games.
Should be a Doggies v Blues Granny.
North Heidelberg should be the short price favorites to win the flag with Harvey & Co .

Well done to Bridge last week but Your playing the red hot Fav for the flag this week and will come back to earth, Doggies by a few.
Stars v Bloods, Stars need to win to get back on track and Lalors season is all but over. Fitzroy by 4 goals.
Epping v Diamo, Match of the round, Epping keep winning but are not playing 4 quarter footy, If they give Creek half a chance they might just find themselves in trouble. Epping just by a goal.
Thomo v Morang, If they want to stay in D2 this is where they need to start winning. That said they should win in a close game by a goal.
Good Luck to all and stay dry ;)

The Fitzroy Stars Football Club will win $10,000 on the AFL Footy Show tonight if Sam Newman dives into a tank full of Eels. GO STARS!

Diamo V Thomo- Creek boys to continue there winning ways despite there in house dust up
Epping v Lalor-Should be a cracker but with the bloods losing Thomas back to coburg the pingers should be to good.
Sth M v H Bridge-Looking for an upset here, the bridges well play for there lives & get the money.
Stars V Nth H- Look forward to seeing the doggies latest mid year recruit, again should be a beauty Nth to keep the pressure on Creek for the double chance.

After being the only chap to tip the card last week, will see if i can back it up.
Epping V Creek-Should be a cracking game, on present form Creek should inflict the pingers first loss for the year & open the double chance right up.
Stars V Lalor- If Shep plays Lalor win if not its a flip of the coin, I will back it in that he will be back & bloods to win
Thomo V Sth M- Two teams right out of form but Sth perhaps going slightly the better.
HBridge V NTh-Great win for the Bridges last week but they run inta very confident doggies outfit, Nth to continue on there winning ways.

Hurstbridge vs North Heidelberg - A hard fought win by the Bridges last week but can't see them troubling the Bulldogs - another double-digit haul to Harvey ?
Fitzroy All Stars vs Lalor - Probably the last chance for the Bloods to keep the finals door open while the Stars need to close that with a win. Giving the Bloods a chance here.
Epping vs Diamond Creek - The Blues have been unbowed so far and although the Demons will be right in the game to the end can't go against the top side.
Thomastown - South Morang - Plenty at stake for these two struggling teams not the least a much needed win to keep potential relegation at bay. The Lions aren't playing up to their lists potential but should get the win over the Bears here.

One of the rules to enter the EDFL is that all senior sides must have a full allotment of juniors, and since that Thomastown only have Under 19's and thier junior club (Lalor Stars) would have to either merge with the Bears or go as well, I don't think it will happen unless they relax thier own rules to get a 3rd division up and running in the EDFL

Diamo will be to good for Lalor by 4 goals
Epping will continue on it's marry way beating Morang by a couple of goals.
North will Smash poor old Thomo by 15 goals
Stars v Bridge at Coburg, the country folk will have to get out the GPS for this one. Stars with the home ground advantage :) should have a easy win by 6 goals.

DiamoV Lalor-Get the feeling the bloods have just about turned it up for the year, Diamo by plenty!
Epping v Sth M-Sth M have turned it up for the year, my tip the lions will be back in 3rd division next year
Nth V Thomo-Dogs to continue on the winning way, lets hope they get to play a full game this week.
Stars V HBridge-Stars will cement 4th spot with a 6 goal victory.

DiamoV Lalor-Get the feeling the bloods have just about turned it up for the year, Diamo by plenty!
Epping v Sth M-Sth M have turned it up for the year, my tip the lions will be back in 3rd division next year
Nth V Thomo-Dogs to continue on the winning way, lets hope they get to play a full game this week.
Stars V HBridge-Stars will cement 4th spot with a 6 goal victory.

Diamo v Lalor - Hope to see some improvement in the Bloods but Demons for me.
Sth Morang v Epping - Morang boys will fight hard as pride kicks in, Epping just. (Morang to stay up in Div 2)
Nth Heid v ThomasT - Dogs will come out to play & win by 8 goals.
Stars v Bridges - The young fellows from Hursty will stay with the Stars for 3 quarters,Stars by 4 goals

Diamond Creek vs Lalor - Think the fire has gone out of the Bloods play and the Demons should prevail.
South Morang vs Epping - Can't see the Blues being complacant against the Lions.
North Heidelberg vs Thomastown - The Bulldogs looking for another big win.
Fitzroy All Stars vs Hurstbridge - The Stars need to get back in the winners circle and will be happy to have the Bridges here.

G'Day lads and ladies - Seems the NFL have got their twitter account up and running, it was quite informative with Score updates from around the grounds - Fantastic stuff Sam, the guys at NFL media are really doing a fantastic job, the more we can all get behind them the better informed we will all be. Massive thanks to the guys around the grounds that helped out every week with @whowonnfl - G.Mills West Preston, D.Brady Bundoora, J.Willcott Diamo, Northcote park scorer and D,McNeice, Lower plenty media manager and Brutal, Thomastown twitter account, St.Marys twitter account, Coutta up at Hurstbridge, Julianne at Epping, Brad at Reservoir, J.Cheers at West, The Fridge at North, Zac at Monty, M.Lovett at Macleod, quite a few other cameo rolls bobbed up from time to time and last but not least my Panther Partner D.Crane... Think it was something that the local footy supporter was asking for and with your help it has sparked the NFL to re-launch their account - Please get behind the guys at the NFL Media and support them with information as you have for Sports Support - Visiting quite a few different competitions on any given weekend i can honestly say they are doing an outstanding job. Clubs are all competeting for the same silverware but theres no reason why we can't all help build the competition together. Lets Support the guys at @northernnfl - Sports Support will have a few other local ideas bobbing up so stay tuned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only game that matters this week and what a game it should be, Epping v North Heidelberg @ Epping.
Both teams have fingers on the Premiership cup and the winner will have a least one hand on it after saturday.
Weather forecast is for sunny 15.
Epping by a point.
Creek easy.
Bloods just.
Stars just.
Good luck to all

Creek to make a mess of the Lions
Bloods just over Hbridge at home(Would not be shocked if the Bridges salute)
Stars easy over the Bears
Doggies to inflict the first defeat of the year on the Pingers in a ripping encounter.

Diamond Creek vs South Morang - Can't see the Demons dropping this one, not with the double chance still very much alive.
Epping vs North Heidelberg - A grand final preview? Potentially. Think some of the old Doggies may just be able to cure the Blues.
Lalor vs Hurstbridge - Think the Bloods win here and keep the Bridges in the relegation hot spot.
Fitzroy All Stars vs Thomastown - With the double chance still a possability the Stars must take care of business here against the Bears.

Top game at High st today, no more than 2 points in it for the first 3 quarters then Epping skipped away to a 17 point win.
Well done to both teams great to watch.
Could not agree more Stude, great game & the best side won on the day.Was interested in your thoughts on the Epping coaches antics over the last 10 minutes of the game, constant abuse at the Nth players..Thought he looked like a total dribbler & took a little away from the victory.

Could not agree more Stude, great game & the best side won on the day.Was interested in your thoughts on the Epping coaches antics over the last 10 minutes of the game, constant abuse at the Nth players..Thought he looked like a total dribbler & took a little away from the victory

Slow legs, you really have a nerve. I was a the game Saturday and can't believe what you are writing?
Obviously it is ok to use thuggery tactics, the king hit behind the play in the 2's, and then the ramming into the fench in the seniors, was ok?. But questioning someones age is out of line?..Also, if calling someone "old" is abuse?, you really are a very precious team?I think the problem was North thought they were Monty's to win, and when they lost they looked for excuses! All I am hearing is so called"abuse", no one from Epping is complaining about the behind the play incidents, and the reserve coach's comments which were totally out of line, and from the 70''s!

Have no problem with the players being bagged, that is all part of it.I would have thought that was the supporters job thats all. When the head coach is frothing at the mouth , it looked ordianary.

NFL Div 2 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back