NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it's hard for the burra to lose the best player in the comp, especially with a young side. Time for the likes of Coco and Winhcome to step up and take this division by the scruff of the neck.

It really is time for their young kids to step up.
Plenty of depth there.
I think Nick "Deany" Dean will be the one to watch.
Up and coming midfielder out of their under 19s, young Harrison Hendey could fill the void left by Ronalds being on the sidelines in 2018.

It really is time for their young kids to step up.
Plenty of depth there.
I think Nick "Deany" Dean will be the one to watch.
Up and coming midfielder out of their under 19s, young Harrison Hendey could fill the void left by Ronalds being on the sidelines in 2018.
How’s Lalor going? Did they do well against westmeadows?

Disappointing Ice.
I know they got a touch up last week but gee they aren’t gonna play a Wallan every week, who looked very well drilled.
Those kids would get a lick of the icypole at some stage.
Kids in general need to develop a bit more resilience.
A bit off the mark there. The club has no issues with the boys who turned up on the day. 15 players turned up, of which 3 were registered with another club and 2 Assumption College players who won't be playing for Kilmore this season. That left 10 boys who have put their hand up on the day to commit for the under 19's this year. What has been extremely frustrating for the club, are the boys who initially indicated they would play but have failed to show up, register and won't answer calls or return messages.

A bit off the mark there. The club has no issues with the boys who turned up on the day. 15 players turned up, of which 3 were registered with another club and 2 Assumption College players who won't be playing for Kilmore this season. That left 10 boys who have put their hand up on the day to commit for the under 19's this year. What has been extremely frustrating for the club, are the boys who initially indicated they would play but have failed to show up, register and won't answer calls or return messages.

Fair Enough.
Hope you retain the remaining kids & they play 1s or 2s.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What does this do to the farce that is the U19s comp this year. Surly the 4 game grading system is to go and one side in Div 1 is asked to drop down to even the comps up....is it just me or is the whole concept ridiculous anyway.
The league needs to try Friday night footy & see how it goes ......kids will turn up and play...mite just get a few people to go and watch & game or two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The league needs to try Friday night footy & see how it goes ......kids will turn up and play...mite just get a few people to go and watch & game or two

Worked well a few years back when Epping were playing 19s on the Friday night.
Like you said a few would come and watch and the players enjoyed having the weekend to themselves.
I believe Mernda is getting lighting upgrades very soon.

I've said that a few times over the years. I remember Macleod used to do it, too. Would be hugely successful I believe.

I've said that a few times over the years. I remember Macleod used to do it, too. Would be hugely successful I believe.

I think we all agree the only sticking point is lights at all clubs. THIS is something the AFL should be putting $$$$ and providing assistance into as it keeps kids playing and could free up grounds to allow the growing requirement of woman's footy.

Also I we could try U19s played after the ones in twilight....I have seen it tried and seemed to work.

I think we all agree the only sticking point is lights at all clubs. THIS is something the AFL should be putting $$$$ and providing assistance into as it keeps kids playing and could free up grounds to allow the growing requirement of woman's footy.

Also I we could try U19s played after the ones in twilight....I have seen it tried and seemed to work.
All great ideas. But also, is there an issue with kids coming through full stop? I noticed that Eltham, Yarrambat and Research have had to join forces to field under 17’s.

All great ideas. But also, is there an issue with kids coming through full stop? I noticed that Eltham, Yarrambat and Research have had to join forces to field under 17’s.
I believe the same is happening with Wallan and Kilmore with their 17's joining as one

Interesting to see Ronalds playing against laurimar doesnt look too injured and looks in fit shape to play this season. I think we have some St Mary’s guys on here telling some fluffies

Interesting to see Ronalds playing against laurimar doesnt look too injured and looks in fit shape to play this season. I think we have some St Mary’s guys on here telling some fluffies

The rumour didn't start with st.marys guys at all, however a couple might have added some fuel after seeing everyone else running with it

well said Denny but for the AFL to put in dollars first they have to get their collective heads out of each other arses an acknowledge that there is a problem with the under 18/19 competition and that they need to do something

G’day all. Wondering if any div 3 clubs need numbers to bolster their 2nds on the odd week. I do shift work so I’m would be ruled out on the odd week (if the side was filled up on weeks I’m available happy to sit aside and contribute ‘socially’). Would be able to train most nights. Would be keen most places but I’m in Thornbury so closer to there the better. PM me if this suits! Cheers

G’day all. Wondering if any div 3 clubs need numbers to bolster their 2nds on the odd week. I do shift work so I’m would be ruled out on the odd week (if the side was filled up on weeks I’m available happy to sit aside and contribute ‘socially’). Would be able to train most nights. Would be keen most places but I’m in Thornbury so closer to there the better. PM me if this suits! Cheers

Just wander down to lalor basically guaranteed a game at the moment I reckon

Yeah mate, Bloods are looking for players just like yourself... The clubs had a rocky pre-season but the early signs of player enthusiasm is outstanding (just a smidge light on) check us out at www.bloodsfnc.com.au or email me at ben@signaturesports.com.au

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back