NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad’s a photographer for a local newspaper and did the Div 3 GF last year. After the game he was told by someone from SM to **** off which hasn’t happened to him before and he does around 4 Grand Finals a year, sometimes even more because there are a few leagues he’s does.
But it is intriguing how they have such a big junior club but the seniors are in Div 3. Is it as simple as players just changing clubs after they finish juniors?
Like I said before mate, once a s**t club, always a s**t club. A lot of the juniors must see the written on the wall and leave to play at a club that is actually going places.

Like I said before mate, once a s**t club, always a s**t club. A lot of the juniors must see the written on the wall and leave to play at a club that is actually going places.
Take away Williamson, Thompson, King and a number of other recruits and Laurimar would be nothing. Laurimar's juniors will end up disappearing too and you are ignorant if you think otherwise

Take away Williamson, Thompson, King and a number of other recruits and Laurimar would be nothing. Laurimar's juniors will end up disappearing too and you are ignorant if you think otherwise
Of course there’s going to be some recruits in a new club you peanut, in their game yesterday they had 8 17yr olds and most are still at school which were part of the juniors so it’s already happening for them, time will tell but fairly confident they’ll pass SM in the next few years from what they have already done. SM had a gold mine with the talent from the juniors but still can’t go anywhere, lucky there’s not a div 4 mate cause you’d probably be the poster boys for that

Of course there’s going to be some recruits in a new club you peanut, in their game yesterday they had 8 17yr olds and most are still at school which were part of the juniors so it’s already happening for them, time will tell but fairly confident they’ll pass SM in the next few years from what they have already done. SM had a gold mine with the talent from the juniors but still can’t go anywhere, lucky there’s not a div 4 mate cause you’d probably be the poster boys for that
Played with 30 player pts on the weekend, a 17yo kicked 6 and been a consistent goal scorer all year. Gone against recruiting known washed up players and sticking to the juniors coming through. Yes it has taken time realise this but the future at Morang is much brighter than previously. GL taking over morang, you blokes were lucky Kilmore and West weren't able to field their strongest teams on the park all year because IMO you certainly aren't past them, just got lucky.

It will be interesting if these young kids hang around especially when Sherman is ringing players from other clubs and other leagues offering $700 - $1000 a game and with the salary cap reduced next year it wont leave much coin.

Played with 30 player pts on the weekend, a 17yo kicked 6 and been a consistent goal scorer all year. Gone against recruiting known washed up players and sticking to the juniors coming through. Yes it has taken time realise this but the future at Morang is much brighter than previously. GL taking over morang, you blokes were lucky Kilmore and West weren't able to field their strongest teams on the park all year because IMO you certainly aren't past them, just got lucky.

As long as the Laurimar president didn't produce a taser at their end of season night last night, I think they can be happy with what they've achieved in their 2nd season and how they are trekking for the future

As long as the Laurimar president didn't produce a taser at their end of season night last night, I think they can be happy with what they've achieved in their 2nd season and how they are trekking for the future

This is rolled gold! :fire::):fire:

Last season they were knocking the Power for playing too many 'washed up veterans' or 'Superfools' as I remember.... but it was a mix of old blokes and VERY inexperienced kids who needed older heads around them.
This season they're knocking the Power for recruiting a few good players to replace the old fellas who went back to the Supers..... next year it will be something else.

The kids that the Laurimar Football Club was formed last year for (so they had a senior club to go to) will be the backbone of that side for the next 8-10 years and they will be plenty good enough to get that club out of D3. They've already beaten every club in the division apart from St.Marys and they took them close in one game this season. Yesterday was one kick either way so don't read too much into that.

Every club recruits every single year so lets not go throwing stones here. On average every club will turn over 15-20 players off their list every season. If you don't, you get left behind. Fact of life. Get over it. Well done Laurimar on 2nd season. Lets see what the 3rd brings.

Indian played really well yesterday and going to be a very good player no doubt, claim what you want regarding other sides this year, you can only beat who’s in front of you and to do it all year with 8+ 17 yr olds is a good effort by any standards. So it’s only taken 30 yrs to realise you need to look after your juniors, mate your hilarious. 30 player points is really good though, finally someone has seen the light, better late than never hey, or better really really really late than never

It will be interesting if these young kids hang around especially when Sherman is ringing players from other clubs and other leagues offering $700 - $1000 a game and with the salary cap reduced next year it wont leave much coin.
Mate you’re mail is way off there buddy

Personally I’m not sure I understand the knock on a club for recruiting players? Surely doing what ever it takes to get the best side possible on the Park is what it’s all about? Seperate note, considering Laurimar have only been around for 2 years and the experiences I have seen at the junior and senior games I have been to, they are fast becoming a feral support base and it’s not 18-20 year old kids on the drink, it’s fully grown men 40-50 year olds with a gut full of grog carrying on and making a***holes of themselves and threatening players as they walk off the ground. Anyhow I’m sure they will sort that out also. Well done on a terrific season on field

Bullshit aside, Both Laurimar and South Morang are in strong positions after different levels of establishment during the off-season.

What Morang have achieved this year is outstanding as far as I see it and with Laurimars obvious pool of players (and limited neighbouring clubs) they could well be a side we are all chasing across the next decade.

Well done to both clubs for great seasons and congratulations to the Power for reaching their first ever final.

Lalor President
Ben Charles

U know a lot so can you inform us all where the $$ are coming from??
Which players are they??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U won a good game by a kick dickhead, nothing like being gracious in winning!
Think u will get the better of PH next week with ur good team, but alas they obviously haven’t got rid of all the heck heads around the club if ur still there!

U won a good game by a kick dickhead, nothing like being gracious in winning!
Think u will get the better of PH next week with ur good team, but alas they obviously haven’t got rid of all the Damn heads around the club if ur still there!

Not once have I sworn to anyone on here. You and burgs are proving what myself and others are pointing out about your supporters. No need to carry on and get abusive

Bullshit aside, Both Laurimar and South Morang are in strong positions after different levels of establishment during the off-season.

What Morang have achieved this year is outstanding as far as I see it and with Laurimars obvious pool of players (and limited neighbouring clubs) they could well be a side we are all chasing across the next decade.

Well done to both clubs for great seasons and congratulations to the Power for reaching their first ever final.

Lalor President
Ben Charles
Well said Ben, cheers, great to see Lalor fighting back mate, all reports you’ve all d
Not once have I sworn to anyone on here. You and burgs are proving what myself and others are pointing out about your supporters. No need to carry on and get abusive
I haven’t sworn precious, s**t is your own interpretation but talk about glass houses mate, you talk about a couple of old blokes, which club doesn’t have a couple old blokes that get carried away sometimes, collectively Morang probably takes the cake in terms of off field abuse, I’ve been around a while and Morang hasn’t change since the old days at Plenty Rd

Now that the monkeys at the zoo have stopped flinging shit at each other, who wins this week and by how much
It's a tough pick. I am leaning to South because the young blokes are playing for each other and there's some incredible talent there. Too many observers living in the past with Morang - these guys who stayed at the club are united and back themselves in. I am backing their running game and younger legs at Whittlesea will get them home in the second half on Saturday.
South by 8 pts. The only X factor will be if Byron returns. If he does, South need to cut or limit the supply to him.

Now that the monkeys at the zoo have stopped flinging shit at each other, who wins this week and by how much

1:1 between these sides this year with both sides winning at home. Quarters are 5:3 in Panton Hill's favor but Morang did open them up in one quarter in the game that they won which proved to be the difference that day.

I think that will be the trick this weekend too... If Morang can open the game out and get a run on with their fast legs and outside speed then they will worry Panton Hill on the big deck. If it's played in close and then in bursts, I'd think the Hillers can get the job done.

Will big Matty Byron tape up the ribs and play this weekend and risk missing a potential Grand Final? Or will he take another week and hope they get through so he's right for St.Marys? I reckon they have to roll the dice there and play their best lineup and there's no doubt they're better when they have the twin big men up forward. No tomorrow for the loser so chips all in now.

Thoughts?

1:1 between these sides this year with both sides winning at home. Quarters are 5:3 in Panton Hill's favor but Morang did open them up in one quarter in the game that they won which proved to be the difference that day.

I think that will be the trick this weekend too... If Morang can open the game out and get a run on with their fast legs and outside speed then they will worry Panton Hill on the big deck. If it's played in close and then in bursts, I'd think the Hillers can get the job done.

Will big Matty Byron tape up the ribs and play this weekend and risk missing a potential Grand Final? Or will he take another week and hope they get through so he's right for St.Marys? I reckon they have to roll the dice there and play their best lineup and there's no doubt they're better when they have the twin big men up forward. No tomorrow for the loser so chips all in now.

Thoughts?

Believe it's actually a groin and not ribs or he would have played on the weekend

Thoughts?

It was a groin. Will play this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back