NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be a "watch this space" scenario at the end of the season. The structure of both divisions will be dependent on club movements. Lalor hopefully stabalise this season and begin a rebuild back to the strong competitive club they once were. And the unofficial discussions the NFL had with some clubs in last couple of weeks indicated a new club is keen and been offered a place in NFL from 2019, all depending on their current league and AFL Vic approving the move. If this all goes through, I would expect the NFL to push for 10 teams in div 2 (ie. both grand finalists go up, or if runner up not prepared to then an offer to other stronger Div 3 club) and leaves 8 in div 3 for 2019.
Remember this post in August this year and everyone can either give kudos or bag me... :D
Lalor makes Div3 GF & keeps out legit Div 3 team to achieve some success.... Even worse they win flag & go up with success and have generated more cash during the yr because of it... Lalor have done well out of this deal....

Lalor makes Div3 GF & keeps out legit Div 3 team to achieve some success.... Even worse they win flag & go up with success and have generated more cash during the yr because of it... Lalor have done well out of this deal....
They’ve lost 35 players

Can’t see them winning any flags

You went mental over the slightest criticism after fishing for compliments and now you are trying play it all cool like your ballsdeep in the place.
What are you on about, mental, yeah ok, I mentioned about St Marys and got shot down like a stray dog, all l asked is if anyone had heard anything about Laurimar, I think you might need to take a chill pill Rusty, I follow Laurimar out of interest, what's your alliance Rusty?

What are you on about, mental, yeah ok, I mentioned about St Marys and got shot down like a stray dog, all l asked is if anyone had heard anything about Laurimar, I think you might need to take a chill pill Rusty, I follow Laurimar out of interest, what's your alliance Rusty?
Must be a Morang supporter. Morang winning a flag this year rusty?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Charles been seen doing laps around Sydney Cres.....that's 1.
If running from the canteen to the bar and back to the merchandise cupboard constitutes as laps, i'm in full training... There was some caveats surrounding registered players such as DOB, games played in the past 12 months, paid members... We reached all benchmarks last night so we will remain alive and now build to thrive.

If running from the canteen to the bar and back to the merchandise cupboard constitutes as laps, i'm in full training... There was some caveats surrounding registered players such as DOB, games played in the past 12 months, paid members... We reached all benchmarks last night so we will remain alive and now build to thrive.

Good onya mate, and hats off to those who have stuck true, as well as those who have returned or are lending themselves to your club in order to keep the Bloods history going.

can someone please explain to me why Epping are the only club in div 3 with brains? Im far from an epping supporter, but they worked it brilliantly and now get 2 years too cement there spot in divison 2. they may struggle this year, but next year they get alot more money to spend on players and will atract more quality being up a division. Why would south morang, panton hil or st.marys not put there hand up aswell? i Find it crazy they didnt

can someone please explain to me why Epping are the only club in div 3 with brains? Im far from an epping supporter, but they worked it brilliantly and now get 2 years too cement there spot in divison 2. they may struggle this year, but next year they get alot more money to spend on players and will atract more quality being up a division. Why would south morang, panton hil or st.marys not put there hand up aswell? i Find it crazy they didnt

South morang clearly not in a position to go up after what happened at seasons end last year and the players they have lost. Panton Hill have recruited for a premiership tilt, not a relegation battle, and i cant speak for St.Marys, but the bottom line is they would lose every game in Div 2 this year by a huge margin, and they have barely recruited any talent in their time in the NFL.

Hats off to Epping for stepping up, obviously see this year as a consolidating year and then plan to stay up beyond 2019 through recruiting. Might work, might not, but at least they are having a crack.

South morang clearly not in a position to go up after what happened at seasons end last year and the players they have lost. Panton Hill have recruited for a premiership tilt, not a relegation battle, and i cant speak for St.Marys, but the bottom line is they would lose every game in Div 2 this year by a huge margin, and they have barely recruited any talent in their time in the NFL.

Hats off to Epping for stepping up, obviously see this year as a consolidating year and then plan to stay up beyond 2019 through recruiting. Might work, might not, but at least they are having a crack.
Agree good on epping. St Marys have really flopped, for a team that has such a strong junior club that they don't seem to retain, you'd think moving upto div 2 would be the smartest thing they could have done. Would also think aside from Panton Hill they were in the best position by far. They've had plenty of chance for success so far and if they don't win it this year they've wasted a year and a chance to really set themselves up for the future.

Agree good on epping. St Marys have really flopped, for a team that has such a strong junior club that they don't seem to retain, you'd think moving upto div 2 would be the smartest thing they could have done. Would also think aside from Panton Hill they were in the best position by far. They've had plenty of chance for success so far and if they don't win it this year they've wasted a year and a chance to really set themselves up for the future.

Agree on Panton Hill. Simply must win it now

Love all the experts here that know what' best for every club but their own. Yes it's a free hit at going up a division, yes it's a chance to recruit the next season, yes it's an increased salary cap..
But, if you can't afford to pay the full cap at div 3 level, what chance do you have of paying the full cap in division 2 the following season, and recruiting costs money.. not all clubs are financially backed by their strong junior clubs, and st.marys operates 100% independently from the junior club, the only thing they share are rooms and an oval.. sometimes you have to you look at the bigger picture. Winning the premiership is going to do more for recruiting and sponsorship come seasons end than sitting on the bottom of div 2, winless, with a free pass.
So, having said that, hillers and st.marys will be pretty desperate to win it this year

Love all the experts here that know what' best for every club but their own. Yes it's a free hit at going up a division, yes it's a chance to recruit the next season, yes it's an increased salary cap..
But, if you can't afford to pay the full cap at div 3 level, what chance do you have of paying the full cap in division 2 the following season, and recruiting costs money.. not all clubs are financially backed by their strong junior clubs, and st.marys operates 100% independently from the junior club, the only thing they share are rooms and an oval.. sometimes you have to you look at the bigger picture. Winning the premiership is going to do more for recruiting and sponsorship come seasons end than sitting on the bottom of div 2, winless, with a free pass.
So, having said that, hillers and st.marys will be pretty desperate to win it this year
what a disaster it would be for both teams if mernda or west snatched it from them! Is that too much fantasy?

Great work mate, as someone that knows you I am sure that Lalor will be thriving very soon, your a very driven man and smart at what you do.

All the best for the season.

Interesting discussion lads. Genuinely hope all ends up OK for Labor, some ripping fellas involved out there (Easto, Benny etc).
I am dropping in from the VAFA threads. Anyone let me know how Eltham went v Laurimar on the weekend? From all accounts they are battling a bit with numbers this year at the Turtles....
Cheers Ugly

Interesting. I agree Epping have made the bold but smart move. As a side that was in Div 1 not to many years ago they know what they want and now have a proper chance to have a year of building and planning for a hit in 2019. If bookies were taking bets on NFNL I would have a little on them making a GF next year. Huge call but wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back