NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

No full scale brawl... Our players were frustrated at the umpiring in the second qtr and it was all push and shove... no punches thrown and coaches came in to break it up

And talking about umpring, even the st marys players agreed that it was horrible, constantly giving 50's when they werent there and then giving a 50 because one of our supporters was yelling at them.... Never seen anything like it... Dont know what the umpires name is but he should be sacked, the other officiating umpire also had no idea why he was giving the free kicks... Pathetic!

The umpiring in the second qtr certainly wasn't flash. West had a lot of soft frees go against them, but, your supporters/players/bench didn't help the situation by constanly screaming and yelling at the umpire.

While its understandable to become frustrated, I've seen it hundreds of times, umpires will pay everything against you if you continually abuse/dispute them and on the weekend that's exactly what happened.

And the 50m penalty wasn't against the supporter, it was against the bench. Regardless of whether it was a supporter who made the comments, when it comes from the viscinity of the bench, it's impossible for the umpire to know who said it or whether they're a coach/team manager/official.

I recommend West tell any supporters near the bench to piss off or keep their mouths shut.

Also westhawks, when I read the record I noticed a lot of players missing out there. M.Camilleri, B.Osbourne and A.Young to name a few. For a team that doesn't have the best list to start with, it's really a shame to see guys of that quality missing.

The umpiring in the second qtr certainly wasn't flash. West had a lot of soft frees go against them, but, your supporters/players/bench didn't help the situation by constanly screaming and yelling at the umpire.

While its understandable to become frustrated, I've seen it hundreds of times, umpires will pay everything against you if you continually abuse/dispute them and on the weekend that's exactly what happened.

And the 50m penalty wasn't against the supporter, it was against the bench. Regardless of whether it was a supporter who made the comments, when it comes from the viscinity of the bench, it's impossible for the umpire to know who said it or whether they're a coach/team manager/official.

I recommend West tell any supporters near the bench to piss off or keep their mouths shut.

Also westhawks, when I read the record I noticed a lot of players missing out there. M.Camilleri, B.Osbourne and A.Young to name a few. For a team that doesn't have the best list to start with, it's really a shame to see guys of that quality missing.

Yeah I can agree with you regarding the supporters near the bench but the umpiring on Saturday was the worst ive seen it....

Injuries have killed us this year and thats what is frustrating. Knowing that we requited well but to have all those recruits get injured within the first 3 rounds has really hurt. Hopefully we can get a few back and maybe get a couple of wins on the board... starting with this week!

Yeah I can agree with you regarding the supporters near the bench but the umpiring on Saturday was the worst ive seen it....

Injuries have killed us this year and thats what is frustrating. Knowing that we requited well but to have all those recruits get injured within the first 3 rounds has really hurt. Hopefully we can get a few back and maybe get a couple of wins on the board... starting with this week!
you should be half a chance this week against the poor mob your playing!!!

Mernda opened the 1st quarter very quickly with 5 goals to 1. This is what won the game, after the rains came, it was just a battle. If this game had of been played in dry conditions, Merndas tall forwards would have had a blinder. Well played rezza, but not quite good enough.
Ventured down to Schotters Rd on Sat (also think i got pinged by the effing speed camera not far from the oval). Spot on Hurricane a game of 2 halfs dictated by the changing weather conditions. Ressa have hardened themselves up and challenged strongly in the wet, but fear in dry conditions Merndas skills would have produced a bigger margin. Generally a good game to watch umpired well especially impressed by the young lady who did a good job when it got a little hot in the kitchen (no pun intended) Sadly some of the Mernda crowd did not see it that way and gave her a terrible spray coming off the ground and some of the older heads should have known better! Also can some one tell me why no 20 J.Robinson is playing 3rd div and not divvy1?? the boy can play:thumbsu:

Ventured down to Schotters Rd on Sat (also think i got pinged by the effing speed camera not far from the oval). Spot on Hurricane a game of 2 halfs dictated by the changing weather conditions. Ressa have hardened themselves up and challenged strongly in the wet, but fear in dry conditions Merndas skills would have produced a bigger margin. Generally a good game to watch umpired well especially impressed by the young lady who did a good job when it got a little hot in the kitchen (no pun intended) Sadly some of the Mernda crowd did not see it that way and gave her a terrible spray coming off the ground and some of the older heads should have known better! Also can some one tell me why no 20 J.Robinson is playing 3rd div and not divvy1?? the boy can play:thumbsu:
Jye's old man has been around the club { and a few others,lol } for a while, and the young bloke has been given time out from coburg I beilieve. Good young kid. Mernda have a fair bit of young talent, their captain is only 23'ish, full forward about the same, plenty of young blokes around the club, and all eager.

Jye's old man has been around the club { and a few others,lol } for a while, and the young bloke has been given time out from coburg I beilieve. Good young kid. Mernda have a fair bit of young talent, their captain is only 23'ish, full forward about the same, plenty of young blokes around the club, and all eager.

Eager until they can't get a regular game in the ones, then what happens, I suppose that is the nature of football, though next season when you are in D2 makes it all the better incentive to hang around, the 2nd time I have seen Mernda this season, the change of weather certainly changed the course of the game, had it not come, Mernda would have won by 10-12 goals, the concern for me is Mernda too top heavy the rotund midfielder they have may struggle on the big grounds in the finals Mernda's big boys are fairly slow, but won't matter Mernda will win the flag comfortably this season, saw the 2nd half of the two's as well, a few midfielders in that side that must be close to getting agame in the ones, one guy was on his own all game, yet being two's players they hardly saw him to kick it to him, put him in the ones and he will carve them up.

My tips this week
Mernda by a mile
St Mary's by about 4 goals against Resa
Watsonia too strong by abour 8 goals against West

I am off to the Bundoora /Eltham game this week, should be a cracker

Eager until they can't get a regular game in the ones, then what happens, I suppose that is the nature of football, though next season when you are in D2 makes it all the better incentive to hang around, the 2nd time I have seen Mernda this season, the change of weather certainly changed the course of the game, had it not come, Mernda would have won by 10-12 goals, the concern for me is Mernda too top heavy the rotund midfielder they have may struggle on the big grounds in the finals Mernda's big boys are fairly slow, but won't matter Mernda will win the flag comfortably this season, saw the 2nd half of the two's as well, a few midfielders in that side that must be close to getting agame in the ones, one guy was on his own all game, yet being two's players they hardly saw him to kick it to him, put him in the ones and he will carve them up.

My tips this week
Mernda by a mile
St Mary's by about 4 goals against Resa
Watsonia too strong by abour 8 goals against West

I am off to the Bundoora /Eltham game this week, should be a cracker
Mernda have an abundance of midfielders in the 2's that would slot in, but at whos cost? The "rotund" bloke would be Volpe, can run all day, no probs on a big ground.

WATSONIA will beat W Hbg
RESERVOIR flip of the coin just over St Marys
MERNDA too strong for parkside,

Thinking this is the week panton hill might do a bit of extra homework on their rivals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, had a heap of requests about sports support score from around the grounds - if you need to know how to get the results as they happen read on.

If you have an iPhone go to safari
Search www.sportssupport.com.au
On the left hand side of the home you'll see the whowonnfl tile that updates the scores every 20 - 30 seconds.
To see all the results click on "join the conversation" which will lead you to all the updates

To avoid typing in the web address every time you want to check you can hit the bottom-middle icon (box with the arrow) and that will ask if you want to save the website on your home screen... It will basically become an app.

Over 80 updates from around the grounds every Saturday, all thanks to the guy and girls watching the games.

So loking at the best , why did they get in the best? your midfielders, for their 1st half performance?

Jai and Aqua were brilliant, I'd say they were the midfielders who stood out even when their backs were against the wall in the second half.

For this week I think Watsonia and Reservoir will get up. As for us there's still a fair bit of work to be done, we need to lift for when we play Panton Hill in three weeks time. Need to get some form, not ideal to have a bye before Panton Hill IMO.

Jai and Aqua were brilliant, I'd say they were the midfielders who stood out even when their backs were against the wall in the second half.

For this week I think Watsonia and Reservoir will get up. As for us there's still a fair bit of work to be done, we need to lift for when we play Panton Hill in three weeks time. Need to get some form, not ideal to have a bye before Panton Hill IMO.
"Les Robinson has been thru more footy clubs than JAZZY"
:D:eek:

Watsonia vs West Heidelberg - Coming off the Bye Week the Saints might be a bit rusty but once into stride should be able to consign the Hawks to the wooden spoon for the season.
St Mary's vs Reservoir - An important game for both teams as they try to establish themselves inside the top four. The Mustangs got home comfortably at season's start and should do so again against the team from lower Burra but with a lot less margin to spare.
Mernda vs Parkside - The Demons have only had the one slipup, but a couple of close calls. Can see this being similiar to recent close wins with the Devils just failing at the siren.
Panton Hill - Bye.

Congratulations to Heidelberg West, I am sure it will be a big night tonight. Poor old Watsy, powerofthepussy will be off his head with joy...

Congratulations to Heidelberg West, I am sure it will be a big night tonight. Poor old Watsy, powerofthepussy will be off his head with joy...
your bloody kidding arnt you, i was over the moon when i heard macleod won:thumbsu: but this takes the cake. looking forward to hearing the watsey muppets with there excuses.
well done west, good club with alot of great blokes, more than i can say for your oppisition, im pretty sure i called it a few years back that watsey wont survive, and im having a great time watching them disintegrate. all it is is a dirty tip there like it used to be........

your bloody kidding arnt you, i was over the moon when i heard macleod won:thumbsu: but this takes the cake. looking forward to hearing the watsey muppets with there excuses.
well done west, good club with alot of great blokes, more than i can say for your oppisition, im pretty sure i called it a few years back that watsey wont survive, and im having a great time watching them disintegrate. all it is is a dirty tip there like it used to be........

Don't 5 of your ex team mates play at Watsonia now ?

Here I am!
Firstly. Congrats to west. Great game and just wanted it more. But saying that Watsy didn't lay down and fought it out till the end. The kicked the last goal of the game to bring it to within a goal and the siren went in Watsy forward line. Just needed another minute to keep pushing that ball forward and we may have snatched it. But we didn't and well done west.
It may not have been the most skillful game but it was a cracker.
West in the middle looked to good from over the fence. The forward and back duels from both side were great to watch.
One thing that caught my eye during the 2nd quarter was some activity on the Watsy bench. Can anyone that knows what happen explain this? An absolute disgrace from what I saw!!!

Here I am!
Firstly. Congrats to west. Great game and just wanted it more. But saying that Watsy didn't lay down and fought it out till the end. The kicked the last goal of the game to bring it to within a goal and the siren went in Watsy forward line. Just needed another minute to keep pushing that ball forward and we may have snatched it. But we didn't and well done west.
It may not have been the most skillful game but it was a cracker.
West in the middle looked to good from over the fence. The forward and back duels from both side were great to watch.
One thing that caught my eye during the 2nd quarter was some activity on the Watsy bench. Can anyone that knows what happen explain this? An absolute disgrace from what I saw!!!

It was a great day to be a West player/supporter. We have known all year that we are better than how we have been playing and to come from behind twice and get the win is a credit to all the boys who never gave in...

As for the incident on the bench, I didn't see it but heard that the coach and runner came to blows on sideline... Not a good sign and something the players and supporters don't want to see...

West is Best!

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back