NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bundoora FC have form in this area...15 or 20 years ago I recall a fence jump and assault from an esteemed Bulls person
15 or 20 yrs ago….ffs…

Who are the blokes who entered the field? Look like randoms. The guy in white should be charged
Life bans for all of them, it’s simply not to be tolerated.

Seen the other video, cannot post as its too big, some dogs run on field and just start throwing them.

Honestly police should look at this crap. NFNL will send a fine.
Yep, should be assault charges out of this…

if that took place any club id be involved at in the past those individuals would already have been outed and made examples of. weak as pi$$ by those ininvolved and nothing on leage website or facebook page yet when they should be proactive and on the front foot as this will most definitely end up with police charges occuring.

A show of proactivity would be that the league has asked the two clubs for the names of the individuals that can be seen in the footage committing offences (especially the lowlife in the white hoody) and then forward the footage and the names to the police for further investigation.

Then announce in a public statement that the above sequence of events has taken place and that the league will not tolerate such events and the will do its utmost to eradicate these people from being involved in the sport again.

I'm guessing pigs might fly first.

Agree - anyone involved at our club who jumped the fence and did that would already be out the door. Clubs are in a much better position to drive culture and standards than leagues.

As for NFNL - I'd suggest it will investigate and as such a running commentary on things that could end up with police involved is 'generally' not the best way to do things.

That said, good practice would be some sort of 'holding statement' along the lines of 'The NFNL is aware of an incident that took place .... yada yada. Both clubs involved have been contacted in relation to the matter so the NFNL can collate factual information and determine next steps. As the incident is likely to be (if not already) investigated by Victoria Police the NFNL will not be making any further comment at this stage'.

This is the usual type of thing that happens in these circumstances and whilst limited in detail, it acknowledges things and advises investigations are underway.

Hopefully those responsible get the ass from their club and the police lay charges.

I do feel for all Bundoora's good people that now see their club go through this. We all know Committee and other volunteers that go above and beyond so a club gets on the park. They will be hurting now and questioning their commitment. However, I also feel for Panton Hill people trying to celebrate their first win in two years and get thugs doing this.

However, they need to come out on the front foot, there is more than one, yeah, the tough guy in the hoodie but ALL that jumped the fence need to be f#$ked off. Creating culture is hard and requires hard decisions. This is not hard, stand up, and state they are gone, and we are supporting criminal action.

How a Mum or Dad from Bundoora U19s would allow their kids to play without a stance is beyond me (or how would anyone be looking at going there (U19s). I would have been standing there at Yulong demanding action or walking to a better culture ASAP. Bet Parade or Watsonia is smiling behind the scenes, if you had to pick one, who would you choose?

Can you control everyone at a game. No. But you have to lead if something happens. Let's hope we see that.

I do feel for all Bundoora's good people that now see their club go through this. We all know Committee and other volunteers that go above and beyond so a club gets on the park. They will be hurting now and questioning their commitment. However, I also feel for Panton Hill people trying to celebrate their first win in two years and get thugs doing this.

However, they need to come out on the front foot, there is more than one, yeah, the tough guy in the hoodie but ALL that jumped the fence need to be f#$ked off. Creating culture is hard and requires hard decisions. This is not hard, stand up, and state they are gone, and we are supporting criminal action.

How a Mum or Dad from Bundoora U19s would allow their kids to play without a stance is beyond me (or how would anyone be looking at going there (U19s). I would have been standing there at Yulong demanding action or walking to a better culture ASAP. Bet Parade or Watsonia is smiling behind the scenes, if you had to pick one, who would you choose?

Can you control everyone at a game. No. But you have to lead if something happens. Let's hope we see that.
Well said all people that jumped the fence and got involved should be sanctioned somehow.not a good look for the clubs and league

Unfortunately Bundoora has been in free fall for the last 2 seasons - I am not sure what has happened down there as I dont know anyone from the club but as an outsider it appears that all leadership has gone - The joint is a rabble.
Looks like all the smart business people with the money have left and the club is now devoid of smarts?
Nobody wants these type of events to occur at any club but it is no coincidence that it usually only happens with sh%t clubs - They attract scum - Seniors sliding, the reserves are a joke and their 19's..............
Hope they can get the intelligent operators back there to save their club as they used to be good for the NFNL and opposition clubs respected them - Not anymore.

What a coward coming from behind and hitting kids. Absolutely disgusting and weak.
It does appear the Bundoora people knew him well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Life bans? They look to be spectators. I’m not sure the NFNL can enforce anything but ban from the league in terms of playing or volunteering.

You cannot ban people from public parks.
I wonder though if assault charges came out of this whether an individual could have an order placed on them banning being within xyz distance of any local football game. A restraining order of sorts?

Still can’t believe Bundoora hasn’t released a statement.. it’s literally on mainstream media
Not hard to release something saying you dont condone any type of behaviour seen on Saturday and are now working to identify the offenders in order to take the appropriate action against anyone identified as being involved. That’s all it needs for now.

Not hard to release something saying you dont condone any type of behaviour seen on Saturday and are now working to identify the offenders in order to take the appropriate action against anyone identified as being involved. That’s all it needs for now.
Why dont you contact Bundoora and offer up your extensive legal & Public relations experience FOC - They are a little short of cash at present so could benefit from someone as expert as you!

Why dont you contact Bundoora and offer up your extensive legal & Public relations experience FOC - They are a little short of cash at present so could benefit from someone as expert as you!
I feel you may be right.

Both JB and Kingy have made a statement in the Herald Sun.

After thinking about what I would do if I was in their situation, there may be reasons, possibly advice from legal people I have no idea but always remember, you are talking about volunteers who are passionate about their club and probably shattered this has happened and need help to release the right words. I am sure BFC know this is important and will release something, as we know its viral and tarnishes their name, sponsors would not want to be involved with a brand that would not do anything.

Anyway, here is a portion from HS

Panton Hill president Jayson Burleigh said the club was preparing witness statements and co-operating with the league investigation.

He said the player hit by the intruder suffered no serious injuries.

Bundoora president Paul King said the club was taking the matter seriously.

“The league is investigating the matter and Bundoora FNC will be co-operating fully during the process,” he said.

I feel people are being overly harsh on the people in grey. From the video, it appears that their only intention was to restrain the guy in the white hoodie. They don't touch or interact with the players in anyway. To me, that is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
I reckon that clown in the grey hoodie would be petrified if he had to go face to fae with anyone. Those actions are usually from those who arre cowards , weak and would have a habit of hitting from behind when they cant see It coming. Weap piece of s### You deserve everything you get plus more.. THe carry on when being pulled away was pretty ordinary he was so tough and strong he should have been able to get away easily and back into it from the 2 holding him back. Or did he not want to get back involved????????

Heard Scotland has had a change of heart and will be staying on at Bundoora now and sign soon. You’d hope this idiotic behave on the weekend doesn’t impact his decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back