NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the spectator involved was actually 'spat on' and called various names by a Hurstbridge Reserves player, had nothing to do with on field play, he found it appropriate to spit on a spectator over the fence, hence her reaction.
I wasnt there mate just trying to take the Pi55 out of the North Player. That's pretty bad form from the Hurstbridge player! to spit on someone is bad form but to do it to a lady is the lowest. Deserves a clip and to spend a few on the sidelines.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Greensborough U19 lad gets 15 weeks for rough conduct (gets named in the best) appeal upheld but now 13 weeks.

Huge penalty for a U19 to now be on the brink of never being able to play football again, must have been a very ordinary act.

Greensborough U19 lad gets 15 weeks for rough conduct (gets named in the best) appeal upheld but now 13 weeks.

Huge penalty for a U19 to now be on the brink of never being able to play football again, must have been a very ordinary act.

I heard from a Boro person that the suspension was definitely OTT. Apparently he bumped, left the ground, hit the head and knocked the opposition kid out. Worthy of suspension but 15 weeks???

Unless there’s more to it? Doesn’t quite add up...

I heard from a Boro person that the suspension was definitely OTT. Apparently he bumped, left the ground, hit the head and knocked the opposition kid out. Worthy of suspension but 15 weeks???

Unless there’s more to it? Doesn’t quite add up...

Yeah I heard a similar story today. Has to be more in it.

Should be a cracking round this one.

- Potentially the 2019 Grand Finalists going at each other in Greensy and North. Both teams flying.
- How will NP respond after 2 disappointing weeks? Monty beat them by by 53 points on the weekend, and Bergs beat Monty by 125 points a couple games ago.
- Hurstbridge showed a lot last week, coming closer (18 points) to any other team that the Doggies have beaten so far this year (Mac, Heid, NP, WPL). Given it's at home again it's a good sign, however, the Roos are going through a bit of a resurgence at the moment though.
- 5th vs 6th Mont and Bundy are a very hard team to get a read on this season.
- A win to Lower would create all sorts of issues for the premiers, however WPL have a better run of 3 games after this game so if they get up it's not all doom and gloom and at the very least the relegation thoughts might dissipate.

Well 1 more break before a long stretch leading into finals and there seems to be an odds on favourite this early:
GREENSY: Big, strong and very good. There only test will be how they handle Preston.
NORTH: going along nicely. On track to finish top 3 which gives you a good chance of playing in a granny.
TIGERS: again travelling nicely, but after Lower next week they have a big 4 weeks and we will see where they are at after that stretch
NORTHCOTE: depth is not great and need there full list on the park to be a threat. Time will tell
BULLS: hard one to read. Look really good and not so good. Not sure?
MONT: going ok, got Macleod on a good week. Don’t think they can make it. But future looks ok
MACLEOD: not sure what’s going on down there. Only team that can push someone out of the 5. But need to get it together quickly
BRIDGE: looks like they will stay up, will win a couple more at home which means lower would have to win 4
WEST: Not much of a chance of playing finals, but will win more in the second half of the year
LOWER: Not looking good in the relegation race

Just saw highlights of the Monty Bulls game on Facey, why was Mont in white shorts and the Bulls in Blue? Clearly not a huge issue just noticed it and wondered why?

Just saw highlights of the Monty Bulls game on Facey, why was Mont in white shorts and the Bulls in Blue? Clearly not a huge issue just noticed it and wondered why?
Because their clash jumper is blue and wearing white shorts with that sort of defeats the point.

Good work by Mont using common sense and wearing white shorts.

Use to be a really bad clash.

There is one game over the long weekend with Macleod heading to Shelley Street (Bendigo Community Bank Oval) to take on North Heidelberg this Saturday. Should be an interesting game with both looking to bounce back after losing last round.

Could it be last roll of the dice for Macleod who will be keen to square up after the defeat to the Doggies in R1 & at least keep in touch with the top 5. Their best as we know is very good whilst the Dogs went down to a slick Greensborough unit who were very impressive on the day therefore it is important they return to the winners list & consolidate a top 3 spot.

Weather forecast is on the up forecasting fine & sunny with a heatwave of 16 so if around & not travelling away for the long weekend footy lovers you are more than welcome.

Watched the Nth Heidelberg V Greensborough replay and it looked like a cracking game !.
Couple of questions for you Dubai Man, was Billy Hogan reported and who is missing from your best 22 ?.
Just a couple of observations ,I thought that Billy was having a ripper game giving Nth great drive out of the middle and when he was off Greesborough got on top.
Looked like a great crowd too.... great game to watch with a little niggle, well umpired with both teams not taking a backward step.
For mine the best two teams I've seen this year!.

Watched the Nth Heidelberg V Greensborough replay and it looked like a cracking game !.
Couple of questions for you Dubai Man, was Billy Hogan reported and who is missing from your best 22 ?.
Just a couple of observations ,I thought that Billy was having a ripper game giving Nth great drive out of the middle and when he was off Greesborough got on top.
Looked like a great crowd too.... great game to watch with a little niggle, well umpired with both teams not taking a backward step.

Jesse Tardio and Morgan Clark would be the two obvious noteable absences

Both 1 pointers so points not an issue I wouldn’t have thought with these two guys getting back in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the 2 best teams in it, but Greensborough by far and away the best in the comp. The margain was pretty flattering for North on Saturday. Whats with North not being able to beat Bundoora yet in 2 years? Do they just match up well against them? Heidelberg going pretty nicely aswell

Probably the 2 best teams in it, but Greensborough by far and away the best in the comp. The margain was pretty flattering for North on Saturday. Whats with North not being able to beat Bundoora yet in 2 years? Do they just match up well against them? Heidelberg going pretty nicely aswell
I agree with Greensborough being the best at the moment but the reason I asked about if any players were missing for Nth was that I thought they weren't that far off the mark.
Greensborough look very even across the board and don't rely on individuals and have a good spread of goal kickers where as North probably rely on the Harvey's for most of their goals.
Anyway it was a great contest to watch as a neutral supporter.
I hope to have a look at Nth live this weekend against Macleod in what looms as a must win for them to have any chance of playing finals.

Well 1 more break before a long stretch leading into finals and there seems to be an odds on favourite this early:
GREENSY: Big, strong and very good. There only test will be how they handle Preston.
NORTH: going along nicely. On track to finish top 3 which gives you a good chance of playing in a granny.
TIGERS: again travelling nicely, but after Lower next week they have a big 4 weeks and we will see where they are at after that stretch
NORTHCOTE: depth is not great and need there full list on the park to be a threat. Time will tell
BULLS: hard one to read. Look really good and not so good. Not sure?
MONT: going ok, got Macleod on a good week. Don’t think they can make it. But future looks ok
MACLEOD: not sure what’s going on down there. Only team that can push someone out of the 5. But need to get it together quickly
BRIDGE: looks like they will stay up, will win a couple more at home which means lower would have to win 4
WEST: Not much of a chance of playing finals, but will win more in the second half of the year
LOWER: Not looking good in the relegation race
Have to agree with most of this. At this stage I only think 3 teams can win it in Greensborough, North and Heidelberg. Northcote have no depth and rely on too few. Bundoora have some stars, but there bottom 6-8 are a worry. If Macleod get a riggle on they are the only side that can challenge the top 3. But in saying all that we have seen injuries destroy teams and also having a bad quarter or 2 at Preston can change a finals series.

Billy Hogan not reported & do agree with you was on fire when sent off & we lost momentum & Boro capitalised late in second quarter. Boro would challenge any suburban side at the minute - Vermont, Aberfeldie at their best they are flying & have to say as a North fan & close to it all Boro are a great side to watch.

Had a few mates who don't follow either side come for a look & they were impressed with both sides & overall standard was very high.

I agree with everything you have said Dubai Man, Greensborough are a fantastic team to watch !. They use the ball really well, are young and play for each other.
Having said that I think if Nth can find a 2nd ruckman and get some quality back they could bridge the gap, it would make for a great finals series.

Billy Hogan not reported & do agree with you was on fire when sent off & we lost momentum & Boro capitalised late in second quarter. Boro would challenge any suburban side at the minute - Vermont, Aberfeldie at their best they are flying & have to say as a North fan & close to it all Boro are a great side to watch.

Had a few mates who don't follow either side come for a look & they were impressed with both sides & overall standard was very high.

Dubai How has Daniel Harris been going at the doggies?? Ripping bloke to have around the group..

Agree with you here. I was an impartial observer and was very impressed with boro.
Young fast and skilled they will be even harder to beat on a bigger drier ground at finals time

Any chance boomer Harvey could keep his feet, not sure why the bloke always has to flop to the ground he should be playing soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back