NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my understanding that Macleod official/s were aware of the error at the conclusion of the match. Read last night that North were happy to move on and considered the matter closed. Good on them, not sure I'd be so gracious unless they were also aware during the game that the scores may be incorrect. I assume some team managers still keep the scores separate to the official timekeeper/scoreboard attendants.

Mate I'd rather be gracious & accept the league decision no matter how late it was ie. Monday morning as clearly it was an action although an honest mistake it was clear for all to see a scoreboard error.

Yes we could have protested on the GU signing off but really on what grounds & by now if we went down that path by now the club would be accused of claiming a game they did not legitimately win.
The NFNL can deal with the incompetence of the GU that is a separate issue as a club we looked at the incident in isolation & although shocked at first then annoyed we accept their verdict.

To outsiders it may look like North has rolled over here but really was a clear decision in the spirit of the game. I'm also assured Macleod knew nothing of the incident at least officially.

Over & out & we move on.

Mate I'd rather be gracious & accept the league decision no matter how late it was ie. Monday morning as clearly it was an action although an honest mistake it was clear for all to see a scoreboard error.

Yes we could have protested on the GU signing off but really on what grounds & by now if we went down that path by now the club would be accused of claiming a game they did not legitimately win.
The NFNL can deal with the incompetence of the GU that is a separate issue as a club we looked at the incident in isolation & although shocked at first then annoyed we accept their verdict.

To outsiders it may look like North has rolled over here but really was a clear decision in the spirit of the game. I'm also assured Macleod knew nothing of the incident at least officially.

Over & out & we move on.

For what it's worth I don't believe you've rolled over at all, shows a great deal of maturity as a footy club to move on from things that ultimately you can't control. All the best for the reminder of the year :thumbsu:

Wow big descision

Hard to believe
I take it all games are now filmed in nfnl

What's the go with hogan
Is he copping a raw deal

Wow big descision

Hard to believe
I take it all games are now filmed in nfnl

What's the go with hogan
Is he copping a raw deal
Hogan is a very good player but lets himself and the team down with undisciplined play.
I don't think he's copping a raw deal, it's more that he is a fierce competitor who can be sucked in and the opposition will do whatever to get under his skin.
If he gets this out of his game he could be a real match winner for NH as he is a ball magnet and who uses the ball really well . !

Hogan is a very good player but lets himself and the team down with undisciplined play.
I don't think he's copping a raw deal, it's more that he is a fierce competitor who can be sucked in and the opposition will do whatever to get under his skin.
If he gets this out of his game he could be a real match winner for NH as he is a ball magnet and who uses the ball really well . !

Agree with Billy, would probably be leading our b and f, has had a great season but does let himself and the team down at times by some silly things.
Having him off the ground for the final 15 minutes on Sat certainly didn't help.

Few interesting results over this round,
With Macleod securing a draw and a few upsets could their Chances still alive...
Greensborough clearly fair bit ahead of the pack at this stage of the season

So another decade of Northern footy is nearly over. Thought I’d change the topic and see who we think has been the best club from 2010-2019 and why? And maybe throw up the dominant players!!

So another decade of Northern footy is nearly over. Thought I’d change the topic and see who we think has been the best club from 2010-2019 and why? And maybe throw up the dominant players!!
1. Bundoora, 2011,13 and 17 flags and finals every year.
2. Greensy 1 flag from 2 cracks, absolute dominance in the Reserve/19s grade. Constant finals.
3. Heidelberg, 1/5 GFs, 2 reserves premierships. Good to see the 19s up and about but the lack of is the reason they are 3rd.
4. WPL have 2 flags in this era but haven't had the consistency of the other clubs in finals appearances, have won a couple of reserves flags.
5. Macleod 1/4 and a superior H/W record in the latter part of the decade.

Some of the best players IMO, Dennis, Moorcroft, Riddle, Shaw, Harvey, Symes, Finn, Hobbs, Cloke, Davies, Keenan, Brunelli, Shelton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have some friends who play there and they say the club is in rioted, the players hate the place. Although there happy with the coaches, the management is f&@ked.

Players are constantly bagged when they are spoken to,the club hasn’t had a social function all year including pre season. The management are too lazy to do anything and when players offer to arrange something there not allowed because the manager is a control freak.
Social functions last year finished at 11pm, manager shuts the bar down and turns the lights on because he wants to go home and won’t let anyone else be in charge. On top of all this the manager has only watched 3 senior games this year.

Heaps of players leaving at the end of the year
We had a beer after the game in their rooms last week and they had a ladies day function on. So they’ve had at least one

In relation to Northcote Park fielding only 1 game of football this weekend. Of the 20 Under 19 teams playing they come from 18 different clubs and there is a combined team. Look at the Under 17 competition. 1 division of 9 teams and an Under 16 competition with 15 teams spread across 2 divisions. The NFNL junior program numbers have been dwindling away for a very long time. Facts are Facts and numbers are declining. I’m sure neighbouring clubs like Fitzroy and Kew aren’t having the same problem as NP.

Boomer and Hogan red carded yesterday?

Hogan definitely. Unsure on Boomer.
Billy been a liability for weeks now so will be good to not have him out there.
Yes I know he is a matchwinner but hard to be one when you are continually carded.
Discipline at Nth terrible at times and same players everytime.

Hogan definitely. Unsure on Boomer.
Billy been a liability for weeks now so will be good to not have him out there.
Yes I know he is a matchwinner but hard to be one when you are continually carded.
Discipline at Nth terrible at times and same players everytime.
Billy has now built himself a reputation of being undisciplined and one who is easily sucked in.
Needs to realise that he's letting his team mates down and is undoing all his good work.
I would also hope that his team mates are not shy in telling him this !!. I feel your frustrations Richo .

So every time Hogan gets a yellow now his punishment doubles. Next one he gets it’s 4 weeks and so on. He’s going to be hunted every time he plays now. Only 1 person to blame though!

Just had a look at the incident around 16.20 into the first Q, didn't look like there was much in it ?.
But I would give him weeks just for stupidity !, the umpires are aware of his little cheap shots now so really no excuses for him whatsoever.

There is rumours and stories and there is ridiculous ones and this one is left of centre so any Macleod or North supporters please help.

The other week in the magoos a poor bloke broke his leg and the game ended early. I have been told (by a 1s player) that somehow and for some reason the teams had some sort of kick-off to get a result? Can anyone please set my mind at ease that this did not happen or if it did provide the full story?

Correct. The poor fellow of whom suffered one of the most painful and sickening injuries I’ve witnessed in sometime in football was taken to hospital and I Hope is recovering well with no complications.

However I was left bemused by what I witnessed.

Immediately after which approx 8 mins into the 3rd qtr, I’m led to believe that both sides given what was witnessed and experienced came too the conclusion on calling the game a draw. This is how the game should have been ended then and there. Yet some one hour later the umpire has called a free kick to the spot of where the poor fella went down I which at the time the incident happened in general play with no intent or free kick issued or nor should there have been it was an accident. The play actually continued for a couple of seconds further down the ground with no whistle.

An hour later , The umpire has then issued a free kick to Macleod approx 35-40 out from goal like a penalty shot in soccer with the game being at 5 point in north’s favour at the time. Had the goal been kicked MacLoed would have been issued the game for no reason.

It had everyone laughing at the umpires who clearly had no idea of ruling or consideration for any of the players who had experienced one of the more unpleasant things you’d witness in local football.

Two hours later the senior game was over turned by incorrect umpiring in calculating the score, I wonder had MacLoed kicked the goal would the result have been over turned for incorrect ruling? Food for thought....

Correct. The poor fellow of whom suffered one of the most painful and sickening injuries I’ve witnessed in sometime in football was taken to hospital and I Hope is recovering well with no complications.

However I was left bemused by what I witnessed.

Immediately after which approx 8 mins into the 3rd qtr, I’m led to believe that both sides given what was witnessed and experienced came too the conclusion on calling the game a draw. This is how the game should have been ended then and there. Yet some one hour later the umpire has called a free kick to the spot of where the poor fella went down I which at the time the incident happened in general play with no intent or free kick issued or nor should there have been it was an accident. The play actually continued for a couple of seconds further down the ground with no whistle.

An hour later , The umpire has then issued a free kick to Macleod approx 35-40 out from goal like a penalty shot in soccer with the game being at 5 point in north’s favour at the time. Had the goal been kicked MacLoed would have been issued the game for no reason.

It had everyone laughing at the umpires who clearly had no idea of ruling or consideration for any of the players who had experienced one of the more unpleasant things you’d witness in local football.

Two hours later the senior game was over turned by incorrect umpiring in calculating the score, I wonder had MacLoed kicked the goal would the result have been over turned for incorrect ruling? Food for thought....
You’ve tried sounding really smart here but that was one of the most poorly written posts I’ve ever read on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back