NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we rating Mont a bit to highly? Yes they have picked up 2 good players. But for a team that just snuck into the 5 last year. Can they make them a premiership favourite? I’m not sure, but time will tell. I do think they will finish top 3, but not convinced

Are we rating Mont a bit to highly? Yes they have picked up 2 good players. But for a team that just snuck into the 5 last year. Can they make them a premiership favourite? I’m not sure, but time will tell. I do think they will finish top 3, but not convinced
Who knows.

Boro could easily slide a bit. Hard to get up after a devastating loss like that.

Can’t see West winning 3 in a row.

Leaves the door open for a new club. Fasolo and Keenedy are huge and add another year under a good coach

Who knows.

Boro could easily slide a bit. Hard to get up after a devastating loss like that.

Leaves the door open for a new club. Fasolo and Keenedy are huge and add another year under a good coach
Yep 100% agree. Could be a very even 5-6 clubs this year

Who knows.

Burra having lost some quality 2 players. So depth won’t be as strong.

west Preston who knows so far probably featuring a better list than last year.

Monty few key pick ups but under a great coach.

Hearing that there has been quite a few good Boro reserves move on their way to Watsonia?
The Boro's greatest asset has been their depth over the past few years, interesting to see if it has any implications on their senior set up once the season gets into that stage of middle of the year when injuries/unavailability take hold.

Without any real confidence -

West Preston
Boro
Mont
Heid
Northcote Park
Mac
Bundoora
Whit
North
Hurstbridge

Little between really third to ninth over recent season which makes for a great comp. I see North sliding but they will be competitive & well coached & Mont & NP on the improve.
Don't forget Hurstbridge were very competitive in second half of 2019 but they could take a step backwards as depth might be an issue.
Relegation will be hotly contested & come down to winning at home.
Bottom team could easily win 4/5 games.

Greensborough 56
WPL 52
Heidelberg 48
Montmorency 44
Macleod 40
Northcote 36
Bundoora 32
North 20
Hurstbridge 20
Whittlesea 12

Little between really third to ninth over recent season which makes for a great comp. I see North sliding but they will be competitive & well coached & Mont & NP on the improve.
Don't forget Hurstbridge were very competitive in second half of 2019 but they could take a step backwards as depth might be an issue.

Greensborough 56
WPL 52
Heidelberg 48
Montmorency 44
Macleod 40
Northcote 36
Bundoora 32
North 20
Hurstbridge 20
Whittlesea 12

Probably will end up happening, but gone are the days a club comes up and gets zero wins and a percentage of 50

Greensborough 56
WPL 52
Heidelberg 48
Montmorency 44
Macleod 40
Northcote 36
Bundoora 32
North 20
Hurstbridge 20
Whittlesea 12
Agree with most. But why do you think Northcote Park on the improve?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, maybe the fact they picked up 2 ex Afl players and 2 Blokes who have made their previous leagues team of the year?
And lost there 2 best backmen in Le Fanu and Tyson old and 2 of the best forwards in the comp. yes they picked up 2 afl players, who Should be good. The other 2 you have mentioned, one of them was in the team of the year 3 years ago in division 3 VAFA and played at epping last year and the other played in division 2. So take those 2 out of there big recruits. I just think they are going to struggle to put a score on the board!

And lost there 2 best backmen in Le Fanu and Tyson old and 2 of the best forwards in the comp. yes they picked up 2 afl players, who Should be good. The other 2 you have mentioned, one of them was in the team of the year 3 years ago in division 3 VAFA and played at epping last year and the other played in division 2. So take those 2 out of there big recruits. I just think they are going to struggle to put a score on the board!
Wonder about their depth as well, fielded the worst magoo's ive seen in some time last year. With no 19s last year a good crop of reserves players rarely just lob up on the doorstep.

2 best back men? Please!!! Ash close the only big loss from those 4

Ok mate! They struggled to score when one of either close or starsevich didn’t play. Now neither are there. Where are there goals coming from? You dont think Old and Le Fanu are losses?
We struggled to score when close didn’t play, unfortunately starces body is shot to pieces.
Le fanu and old are handy players but are not guys we will be losing sleep over.

Heard yesterday that Danny Younan will be playing early for Bundoora as he’s on the injured list, so won’t play any practice for Essendon. That’s a massive recruit if true. Not sure if it is though?

Does greensy have the depth to stay up
Having lost Rogers mcquliken and craker

aswell Smith injured. Add posar Pickett presser and beames solid Talls going out

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back