NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be a researchers fee there somewhere surely!!

Awesome stuff. at least we might only be missing one more round with all things being equal. I hope the season picks up where it left off from a quality of footy pov, really have enjoyed the first block of games.

Might have to send a bill to Herald Sun.

Yes let’s hope we are back out on the park sooner rather than later

If you are still bored, any way of seeing how many debutants each club has had, as in first senior games in their careers? Would be interesting to see who has blooded the most this season.

Hey kickthething I have tried to accomodate your request. Game Day stats aren’t the easiest and I have used them. So if there are any discrepancies or errors, I apologise in advance.

Also I have only looked at players who haven’t played senior NFNL footy before, so Patty Flynn as an example has played senior NFNL footy but I haven’t included him, only looked at new players or players who haven’t played an NFNL senior game.

Greensborough: Seivers, Fisher, Luke, Hasler, J McCubbin, J Cann

West Preston: Botoulas, F Dreher, K Brown, Zhang, Elfskahani, Egan

Nth Heid: Daw, Waasderp, Hurt, Bailey, Bugeja, McKay, C Brown, Mapleson, McSwan, Crosbie, M Brown

Heid: Nikolovski, McDonald, Tyler, Maher, Van Der Veeten, J Wilson, J Daniel, Mcinerney, M Smith, Kane, Richards

Bundoora: Shepheard, Bowne, Davies, Selevlovski, Howard, Lloyd, Young, Barker

Mont: Jones, Hill, Roberts, Wilmer, Thompson, Davies, Gardner, Hoffman

Hurstbridge: Beaven, D Stewart, Reichart

Macleod: De Silva, Rodda, Gill, J Trudgeon, Miliado, Bawden

Whittlesea: Barrett, Treacy, L Tyrell

Northcote Park: Brooks, Ahmed, Penston, Phokos, Gerantidis, Augustus, Norris, Hachem, Tallariti, Bryon, Galloway,Hill, Mcerlain, M Grocott, M Perry, Amad, Elasmar, Aanenson, Ugle, Rhodesia, Waldron, J Mills, Sammartino

I hope I got all the names correct.

Fingers crossed we get to play footy on the 19th. As with everything Covid, we have had to be flexible with fixture and it’s good to see the NFNL have moved games to ensure all clubs get 8 home and away games.

In saying that we have lost 2 games so I thought i would have a look to see what games were missed and open it up for discussion

Greensborough: Heid (H) WPL (A)

West Preston: Nth Heid (A) Greensborough (H)

Nth Heid: WPL (H) Heid (A)

Heidelberg: Greensborough (A) Nth Heid (H)

Bundoora: Macleod (A) Mont (H)

Mont: Northcote Park(H) Bun (A)

Hurstbridge: Whitt (A) Mac (A)

Macleod: Bun (H) Hurst (H)

Whittlesea: Hurst (H) Northcote Park (A)

Northcote Park: Mont (A) Whitt (H)

Top 4 teams were all meant to play each other during the 2 weeks we have missed, does this effect who gets the double chance?

The bottom 6 teams, several would have liked their chances to win both games, and move into that 5th spot.

Could Whittlesea with games against Hurstbridge and Northcote Lark move away from relegation or would have the Cougars beaten the Eagles on their home deck to put some hope and believe into there season?

Let’s hope we get a free run without Covid in what has been shaping as a fantastic NFNL Divison 1 year.

Your spot on. It would have actually been 2 weeks where it could have shaped the year.

Top 4 sides played each other, which would have either given some teams a gap at the top or give the chancing pack a chance to catch up, as some of them would have lost

Bundoora played Mont for the second time, which would have either given Bundy a massive advantage to secure 5th with percentage or given Mont the chance to leapfrog them

And Whittlesea could have virtually sent Northcote packing to Div 2 with a win or if Northcote won, it would have been game on again

So now everything is back up in the air again. Which makes for an exciting last 8 games. Let’s hope we don’t lose another game next week

Hey kickthething I have tried to accomodate your request. Game Day stats aren’t the easiest and I have used them. So if there are any discrepancies or errors, I apologise in advance.

Also I have only looked at players who haven’t played senior NFNL footy before, so Patty Flynn as an example has played senior NFNL footy but I haven’t included him, only looked at new players or players who haven’t played an NFNL senior game.

Greensborough: Seivers, Fisher, Luke, Hasler, J McCubbin, J Cann

West Preston: Botoulas, F Dreher, K Brown, Zhang, Elfskahani, Egan

Nth Heid: Daw, Waasderp, Hurt, Bailey, Bugeja, McKay, C Brown, Mapleson, McSwan, Crosbie, M Brown

Heid: Nikolovski, McDonald, Tyler, Maher, Van Der Veeten, J Wilson, J Daniel, Mcinerney, M Smith, Kane, Richards

Bundoora: Shepheard, Bowne, Davies, Selevlovski, Howard, Lloyd, Young, Barker

Mont: Jones, Hill, Roberts, Wilmer, Thompson, Davies, Gardner, Hoffman

Hurstbridge: Beaven, D Stewart, Reichart

Macleod: De Silva, Rodda, Gill, J Trudgeon, Miliado, Bawden

Whittlesea: Barrett, Treacy, L Tyrell

Northcote Park: Brooks, Ahmed, Penston, Phokos, Gerantidis, Augustus, Norris, Hachem, Tallariti, Bryon, Galloway,Hill, Mcerlain, M Grocott, M Perry, Amad, Elasmar, Aanenson, Ugle, Rhodesia, Waldron, J Mills, Sammartino

I hope I got all the names correct.
Nice work Thunder! That would have taken some time. Im pretty sure a few of those Nth Heidelberg and Northcote Park players have played before....NP - Phokos, Augustus, Galloway, Mcerlain, Perry, Waldron, Mills & NH - Bailey, McKay, C.Brown, Mapleson, McSwain, M.Brown.

West Preston also have another debutant in Barling and i don’t think Naylor from Hurstbridge as played senior NFNL footy before?

Acknowledge it would be hard pulling this info together from game day stats.

Nice work Thunder! That would have taken some time. Im pretty sure a few of those Nth Heidelberg and Northcote Park players have played before....NP - Phokos, Augustus, Galloway, Mcerlain, Perry, Waldron, Mills & NH - Bailey, McKay, C.Brown, Mapleson, McSwain, M.Brown.

West Preston also have another debutant in Barling and i don’t think Naylor from Hurstbridge as played senior NFNL footy before?

Acknowledge it would be hard pulling this info together from game day stats.

I did find Northcote Park game day stats seemed incomplete, but a lot of them only had 2019 Under 19 stats.

So not sure if 100% correct but hopefully it gives some sort of an idea. A lot of players who have played senior footy that have debuted who played 19’s in 2019.

Let’s hope we are back on the 19th

Hopefully we revert to Regional settings as of Thursday/Friday which is 500 people per venue and we will be able to start up. 200 and below is not enough to start this round. Cross our fingers

Hopefully we revert to Regional settings as of Thursday/Friday which is 500 people per venue and we will be able to start up. 200 and below is not enough to start this round. Cross our fingers

Hopefully, but 2 whole cases today, you know what this govt is like.
Surprised we are not back in a hard lockdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big news coming out of the kennel looks like starevich back full time Jaksic back from ankle injury and another big bloke six four signed not sure of the name but apparently fair footballer could be the tonic needed to address their obvious lack of height also boomer apparently over his injuries as well let’s hope for the whole of the nfl clubs we can get up and running this week

Yeh I’m not sure. I think the AFL is about to announce no games in Victoria again next week, which doesn’t bode well for the starting of local footy

I hope not, but would not be surprised.
Damn shame because has been a great season so far, some awesome footy and be a pity if we didnt see a season finished yet again.

Big news coming out of the kennel looks like starevich back full time Jaksic back from ankle injury and another big bloke six four signed not sure of the name but apparently fair footballer could be the tonic needed to address their obvious lack of height also boomer apparently over his injuries as well let’s hope for the whole of the nfl clubs we can get up and running this week

Adam Braender I think. Played when they were in Div 2 a few years ago.

Making up the numbers let’s not beat around the bush.

Yeh I agree. Can’t see them increasing the crowd limits to 500 at local footy this week, but to hard to guess these days.
Anything could happen
Who really knows. I think the AFL games were moved to Tassie because there is the potential for a swap of games back to Melbourne for north and hawthorn later in the year. It seems strange that we can have packed house at shopping centres but can’t have up to 500 spread around a footy oval. No entry without singing into QR code, closed social rooms, canteen and bar 1 line in and 1 line out similar to take away at cafes.

I think 3 blokes 6feet 4 who can all play coming into a side who sitting third five wins two loses who were still able to manufacture those wins with one genuine tall in daw are more than just making up numbers also don’t get to carried away with the Greensborough loss a 6 goal defeat up their is about par when their playing good footy witch they are the game blew out in the second half when we lost a couple key players early in boomer and our centre half forward Cardenas crawk also north was coming of a brutal game of footy the week before against Bundoora who also came out and lost at home to one of the sides in the bottom two anyway we won’t make any excuses the borough far to good on the day a long way to go in the season if we’re lucky enough to have one and as we seen last year in finals any thing can happen in good comps like the nfl

Big difference holding stadium games
To spectators at local footy. 500 compared to 50,000.

No point opening the mcg for 2000 people
Point is once crowds are allowed at local footy it has to be no limit virtually, you can’t use QR codes at local footy if knowone enters the social rooms.. So you can’t trace Who has been there. That’s where the vic government have to have the balls to say let’s just let them play with crowds.
To date they have been very conservative. So will interesting what the outcome is on Thursday

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back