NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it’s all up to AFL Victoria now and what they have been told is allowed at games . The government has said local sport may resume.
But it all comes down to whether crowds are allowed or it’s just participants, umpires etc

My mail is and hope it’s true will be for everything to resume with what ever restrictions the clubs had in place for social distancing before the latest lockdown to be in place again

0a6ae2b9678c8e949a1db760be2377f5.jpg

My understanding is no crowds for metro but regional can have 1000?

Correct me if I’m wrong.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mail is and hope it’s true will be for everything to resume with what ever restrictions the clubs had in place for social distancing before the latest lockdown to be in place again
Not according to the new guidelines no. No crowds what so ever. But we will all have to wait on the league and AFL Victoria now

Outdoor gatherings of 20 but no crowds? Surely there is a simple way to appease the CHO and allow for restricted crowds at games.
And how do suggest they pick which 20 people or how ever many go to the game? These are public grounds and alot of them arent fenced off. So its impossible to do that

Sounds like it is only for 7 days before the next round of restrictions. Perhaps we just have to suck it up and get on with it to get the season going again.
I presume the Presidents dont want to play because if they still have to pay for players, trainers, umpires, fees etc. it will cost them thousands just for the 1 week and the home teams will be even worse off without the use of facilities, social rooms, plus if they had a function booked for home games.

If they make a deal with players then go for it and squeeze a round in

I presume the Presidents dont want to play because if they still have to pay for players, trainers, umpires, fees etc. it will cost them thousands just for the 1 week and the home teams will be even worse off without the use of facilities, social rooms, plus if they had a function booked for home games.

Surely players would be prepared to forego match payments to get a round of footy in for the good of the game. The government flagged changes in 7 days time and there is other means to make that money up, many smart and prepared club benefited from the season off by running online raffles and fundraising schemes, there is also a grant available for clubs affected by the covid shutdown. Yes it’s not ideal but welcome to the world we live in. If it’s 1 week club communities will band together for the good of there club. No need to be so doom and gloom and if we can play we should and hopefully the circumstances improve in 7 days.

Surely players would be prepared to forego match payments to get a round of footy in for the good of the game. The government flagged changes in 7 days time and there is other means to make that money up, many smart and prepared club benefited from the season off by running online raffles and fundraising schemes, there is also a grant available for clubs affected by the covid shutdown. Yes it’s not ideal but welcome to the world we live in. If it’s 1 week club communities will band together for the good of there club. No need to be so doom and gloom and if we can play we should and hopefully the circumstances improve in 7 days.
Thats the risk every club will take by asking players. This will be the 3rd week with no pay. I presume some of them would have already lost money with not being able to work. Some will say yes and some will say no. Will be interesting

I’m a little confused. Aren’t umpires paid for within the league fees which are in turn paid by players through the registrations etc?

also correct me if I’m wrong but not playing football the last 2 weeks has saved clubs in excess of $10-$15k taking into account player, coach and trainer wages. Functions that haven’t gone ahead should not have been as big an issue as these functions are generally used as a way to have the funds to pay players.
Although small, the government grant of $2000 per club is still something instead of nothing.

Crowd sizes have probably been better than previous seasons and clubs have probably pocketed more seeing as player wages are halved.
Ontop of that whole locked down clubs have used initiatives such as raffles/powerball etc to fundraise.

If clubs can’t even ask players to forego match payments for one week in order to get the season rolling then we may as well scrap the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back