NFNL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

He was putrid today but so were a number of other boro players. Ghazi gave them a bake at three quarter time and they at least had a crack in the last quarter as they were almost bullied by Mont. really enjoyed the interaction between 96 for Mont and the crowd during the third quarter. Boro definitely need a ruckman. Boro captain injured during third quarter and did not go back after head knock. Boro number 6 came off complaining of cramp 10 minutes into third quarter which seemed strange given how cold it was. Lack of preparation??

Mont looked a much better side and Probably should have won by 80-90 points.

He was putrid today but so were a number of other boro players. Ghazi gave them a bake at three quarter time and they at least had a crack in the last quarter as they were almost bullied by Mont. really enjoyed the interaction between 96 for Mont and the crowd during the third quarter. Boro definitely need a ruckman. Boro captain injured during third quarter and did not go back after head knock. Boro number 6 came off complaining of cramp 10 minutes into third quarter which seemed strange given how cold it was. Lack of preparation??

Amazing how Boomer can still dominate at times and he is 15yrs older.

Whoever did the voting yesterday at North VS NP must have money on Jessie Tardio finishing in the top 2 in the B&F. He had 5 kicks in the first quarter with 4 if them turn overs. During the first quarter he played the first 24 minutes solid in the middle before having a rest. Got absolutely schooled by number 17 from NP for 4 quarters. Didn't like the close checking.

Whoever did the voting yesterday at North VS NP must have money on Jessie Tardio finishing in the top 2 in the B&F. He had 5 kicks in the first quarter with 4 if them turn overs. During the first quarter he played the first 24 minutes solid in the middle before having a rest. Got absolutely schooled by number 17 from NP for 4 quarters. Didn't like the close checking.
Would have been best 3-4 on ground in 2nd half after N.Park ran out of steam. Don't disagree with your comments for Q1, at club level has not won a B & F.

Maybe ask the Mont hierarchy why 96 targeted the Boro captain before the game by hitting behind play when he wasn’t watching.
hence the crowd anguish. Was he sent out to do this?
Mont played well, but BORO is undermanned at the moment.
long way to go, as Mont knows flags aren’t won in July….

Maybe ask the Mont hierarchy why 96 targeted the Boro captain before the game by hitting behind play when he wasn’t watching.
hence the crowd anguish. Was he sent out to do this?
Mont played well, but BORO is undermanned at the moment.
long way to go, as Mont knows flags aren’t won in July….
I just can't wait to see them fall over again at Cramer Street.

3 pot of 5 missing on Hurstbridge and Montmorency

Winner of the round: Montmorency who went to War Memorial and gave Greensborough a nice touch up. Wale-Buxton continued his favouritism for league B&F with another dominant display. Jong eased back into the side with 4 goals and they just have an impressive depth and class across all lines at the moment. Looking forward to their clash with Heidelberg this week.

Loser of the round: Going with Bundoora who again failed to measure up against competition leader Heidelberg going down by 30 points. In the 2 games against Heidelberg this season they have lost by 36 and 30 points. The telling stat though is Heidelberg defenders have kept Bundoora to just 8 goals in both games. I am sure Coach Ryan and the Bundoora coaching staff will look to ways of reversing this come finals time

Last edited:
Grand Final preview this week IMO. I think anything other than a Mont/Heidelberg decider is highly unlikely, which brings me to the elephant in the room; the dreaded top spot. History says you probably won't win it if you finish on top (unless you drop the 2nd semi like the Tigers did in 2016). I'd be pretty happy as a Heidelberg supporter to drop this week and let the Magpies finish on top. Don't think Heidelberg will be too phased if they finish second and take on Bundoora in week 1, Tigers have them well and truly covered. Make no mistake, finishing on top and playing 2 games in a month is an absolute curse and anyone that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. Very interesting times ahead. My prediction: The loser of this week's game (Mont/Heid) are in the box seat. Could this be the year the drought is broken or will it be #20 for the mighty HFC?

Attachments

• b2babaf7-07e1-4cb5-b78e-608a2e207259.png
    b2babaf7-07e1-4cb5-b78e-608a2e207259.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I watched a great contest between Hurstbridge and Macleod on Saturday, hadn't been to the local footy in a while and really enjoyed it except for one thing. A few in the crowd were constantly swearing loudly, drunk, vaping, carrying on, shouting out acts of violence (1 of them) etc. At one point one of the coaches shouted at them to stop swearing to avoid a free kick against. Wondering what the league does about crowd behaviour? Not exactly a great environment for young kids. Otherwise a great day

Grand Final preview this week IMO. I think anything other than a Mont/Heidelberg decider is highly unlikely, which brings me to the elephant in the room; the dreaded top spot. History says you probably won't win it if you finish on top (unless you drop the 2nd semi like the Tigers did in 2016). I'd be pretty happy as a Heidelberg supporter to drop this week and let the Magpies finish on top. Don't think Heidelberg will be too phased if they finish second and take on Bundoora in week 1, Tigers have them well and truly covered. Make no mistake, finishing on top and playing 2 games in a month is an absolute curse and anyone that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. Very interesting times ahead. My prediction: The loser of this week's game (Mont/Heid) are in the box seat. Could this be the year the drought is broken or will it be #20 for the mighty HFC?
Monty doesn't matter if they finish on top or second they freeze at the big dance.

3 pot of 5 missing on Hurstbridge and Montmorency

Winner of the round: Montmorency who went to War Memorial and gave Greensborough a nice touch up. Wale-Buxton continued his favouritism for league B&F with another dominant display. Jong eased back into the side with 4 goals and they just have an impressive depth and class across all lines at the moment. Looking forward to their clash with Heidelberg this week.

Loser of the round: Going with Bundoora who again failed to measure up against competition leader Heidelberg going down by 30 points. In the 2 games against Heidelberg this season they have lost by 36 and 30 points. The telling stat though is Heidelberg defenders have kept Bundoora to just 8 goals in both games. I am sure Coach Ryan and the Bundoora coaching staff will look to ways of reversing this come finals time
Missed on Heidelberg too?

(I always read and enjoy your weekly previews!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched a great contest between Hurstbridge and Macleod on Saturday, hadn't been to the local footy in a while and really enjoyed it except for one thing. A few in the crowd were constantly swearing loudly, drunk, vaping, carrying on, shouting out acts of violence (1 of them) etc. At one point one of the coaches shouted at them to stop swearing to avoid a free kick against. Wondering what the league does about crowd behaviour? Not exactly a great environment for young kids. Otherwise a great
If people swearing are under 19s or juniors then the commitee needs to impose discipline to the offenders.
Just on MacLeod, I follow them when I can and I'm amazed that with an average , ageing list and no real quality recruits along with many key injuries they are on same wins as for example Boro. They put sides on Park for about 24-26 points.
They also have a winless under 19s in div three and so so reserves so not much to draw on.
They should have beaten NP at home and WSea away kicking 8 28 and lose narrowly.
If they win this week and maybe get a few decent players back in the coming weeks it is possible they beating a WPL, Boro or even Bunnies at home is not out of question putting them in finals discussions .
You'd have to say that overall the coach is getting the most out of them.

Last edited:
Don't subscribe to the theory that Mont will choke, it's a different set up completely now with a coach who has won flags, different players and some serious guns. This weekend should be a cracker.
In saying that.. the coach has also lost flags...

Has anyone seen Boro past couple weeks and Caddy in particular? Not setting the world on fire just looking at the match centre online, but that doesn't mean anything really

Heidelberg depth very strong

To date have only lost one game (by a point) across seniors, reserves and 19’s

If people swearing are under 19s or juniors then the commitee needs to impose discipline to the offenders.
Just on MacLeod, I follow them when I can and I'm amazed that with an average , ageing list and no real quality recruits along with many key injuries they are on same wins as for example Boro. They put sides on Park for about 24-26 points.
They also have a winless under 19s in div three and so so reserves so not much to draw on.
They should have beaten NP at home and WSea away kicking 8 28 and lose narrowly.
If they win this week and maybe get a few decent players back in the coming weeks it is possible they beating a WPL, Boro or even Bunnies at home is not out of question putting them in finals discussions .
You'd have to say that overall the coach is getting the most out of them.

Hayesy doing a great job. Clear of relegation and he can continue to build a list knowing they will be in D1 next year.

Hi folks. I attended the Greensborough V Montmorency game last Saturday and took my camcorder with me. Good game but gees it was cold. Montmorency too good on the day. I took some vision and have just uploaded it on YouTube. If you have time (and the bandwidth) please have a look and share if you like it. Thanks.

They've beaten every team in the 5 apart from Heidelberg. How is that flat track bullies?
Not sure if they are, hence the question. They lost to WPL red 1 and the two Heidelberg games where they were not really in any of those contests. I would like to see them a little more competitive against the best myself. I don’t think they have really hit their straps in any game this season, maybe WPL second time around. They have another level at least, it will be good if they can find it over the remaining home and away games.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back