NFNL div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Signed and sealed. Hope he goes well in division 2.
Interesting to see how Thomastown go. recruiting players from mid range div 3 teams doesn’t appear to be a formula to contend with a team like Banyule who are adding VFL talent that will stack up in div 1.

Interesting to see how Thomastown go. recruiting players from mid range div 3 teams doesn’t appear to be a formula to contend with a team like Banyule who are adding VFL talent that will stack up in div 1.
Miki and Coulson have both played at higher levels (VFL and D1) prior to their time at West. While I get what your saying they are certainly up to the standard.

Interesting to see if they move the needle for them.
When you announced that Thommo had a big "Announcement" to make I was hoping that they had managed to field an under 19 Team which would be fantastic for another Div 2 contender - Clearly Thommo are 1 of the only 3 Div 2 sides that can win div 2 this year ( Big bears, lower & Thommo) however you cant cant go into Div 1 without under 19's regardless of the offers you make players for employment

A left field question for the forum - Does the NFL release details of the clubs which have been audited over the previous 3 seasons?
How do we get these details?

There is constant inuendo and rumours about certain clubs and their adherance to the salary cap - Be interesting to see which clubs the NFL target each year (Sorry randomly select LOL)

There is constant inuendo and rumours about certain clubs and their adherance to the salary cap - Be interesting to see which clubs the NFL target each year (Sorry randomly select LOL)
You literally can’t get caught. Unless a player get disgruntled and out the club.

Unfortunately it’s an honesty system and nothing more

Clubs pay exactly what the the salary cap is by the books and then in different forms outside the books.
Never going to get caught unless a player comes forward and said they were paid more and can actually prove it. Which means he would then get supsened aswell for 2 years on top of the clubs punishment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs pay exactly what the the salary cap is by the books and then in different forms outside the books.
Never going to get caught unless a player comes forward and said they were paid more and can actually prove it. Which means he would then get supsened aswell for 2 years on top of the clubs punishment

In saying all this.everyone knows thomastown cheat the cap but no one really cares cos they do nothing every season come finals anyways 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

100% correct and that is why a salary cap is moronic. It will never work and only adds burden to volunteers trying to run a club (and making 'crooks' out of players and committee when they are only doing what has been done for years).

Points is unbreakable and works and only system that is needed. If anyone thinks the salary cap is working they are kidding themselves.

As you can tell I hate the salary cap.

Remove ability for VFL and TAC players to only play a few games and come back and play. They have decided to play in their comp, why should they come back to local footy when dropped or have a bye. I see that a bigger issue than well managed and financial clubs being penalised as they can reward a player with money or a job. Why the hell we want to penalise a player making an earn is really beyond me.

100% correct and that is why a salary cap is moronic. It will never work and only adds burden to volunteers trying to run a club (and making 'crooks' out of players and committee when they are only doing what has been done for years).

Points is unbreakable and works and only system that is needed. If anyone thinks the salary cap is working they are kidding themselves.

As you can tell I hate the salary cap.

Remove ability for VFL and TAC players to only play a few games and come back and play. They have decided to play in their comp, why should they come back to local footy when dropped or have a bye. I see that a bigger issue than well managed and financial clubs being penalised as they can reward a player with money or a job. Why the hell we want to penalise a player making an earn is really beyond me.
While the salary cap would be getting broken it’s certainly tamed spending to some degree. Clubs in D1 aren’t spending those insane amounts anymore. Well at least most aren’t from my sources.

The reason it was brought in was simply because a huge amount of clubs were insolvent.

While the salary cap would be getting broken it’s certainly tamed spending to some degree. Clubs in D1 aren’t spending those insane amounts anymore. Well at least most aren’t from my sources.

The reason it was brought in was simply because a huge amount of clubs were insolvent.
Through their own fault!!!

Unfortunately players can dictate what a club pays. Clubs can stand their ground but unfortunately player will go looking for club that will pay that money.

Points system works, salary cap is irrelevant as clubs are paying for players through sponsors and other means

2 Div 1 are being targeted this year
NfNL dont target anyone or audit anyone. If every club fil out the correct paperwork then there is nothing they can do. They may pass on information

AFL Victoria is the ones that can audit you. They generally pick one club from every comp each year and nothing comes of it. Waste of time really, as clubs are too smart

NfNL dont target anyone or audit anyone. If every club fil out the correct paperwork then there is nothing they can do. They may pass on information

AFL Victoria is the ones that can audit you. They generally pick one club from every comp each year and nothing comes of it. Waste of time really, as clubs are too smart
This, you fill out an excel spreadsheet and submit to the league. You literally can’t be caught unless a player outs you.

Had a look at Thomastown, looked pretty good against a quality division 1 opposition. Yes they were beaten but certainly didn’t look out of place. Will be a flag chance imo

Latrobe, what a venue. Unfortunately 70% of the ground is useless for viewing as the land falls away. Otherwise would be the best finals venue imaginable (location, parking, size, surface, lights if required).

Had a look at Thomastown, looked pretty good against a quality division 1 opposition. Yes they were beaten but certainly didn’t look out of place. Will be a flag chance imo

Latrobe, what a venue. Unfortunately 70% of the ground is useless for viewing as the land falls away. Otherwise would be the best finals venue imaginable (location, parking, size, surface, lights if required).
Let’s not forget the 40kms breeze.
Windswept ground & sterile atmosphere.
Build it up with another stand or 2 then might be ok for finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back