NFNL div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s not forget the 40kms breeze.
Windswept ground & sterile atmosphere.
Build it up with another stand or 2 then might be ok for finals.
Had a look at Thomastown, looked pretty good against a quality division 1 opposition. Yes they were beaten but certainly didn’t look out of place. Will be a flag chance imo

Latrobe, what a venue. Unfortunately 70% of the ground is useless for viewing as the land falls away. Otherwise would be the best finals venue imaginable (location, parking, size, surface, lights if required).
I heard they were beaten by around 11 Goals.

Had a look at Thomastown, looked pretty good against a quality division 1 opposition. Yes they were beaten but certainly didn’t look out of place. Will be a flag chance imo

Latrobe, what a venue. Unfortunately 70% of the ground is useless for viewing as the land falls away. Otherwise would be the best finals venue imaginable (location, parking, size, surface, lights if required).

Dunno what game you were watching mate, they were way outclassed. Could’ve been a 100 point win if macleod took there chances and that was with a team with half the 1s out.

Leonardis went down in second quarter and left in a sling. Not good signs at all. Agree in that there a flag chance, but in a game where Macleod had major players out it’s hard to see where Thomastown really are. The jump between division 2-1 is massive! Fairplay to them for giving it a crack tho last night

If Leonardis is out for another long patch that could affect there season possibly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dunno what game you were watching mate, they were way outclassed. Could’ve been a 100 point win if macleod took there chances and that was with a team with half the 1s out.

Leonardis went down in second quarter and left in a sling. Not good signs at all. Agree in that there a flag chance, but in a game where Macleod had major players out it’s hard to see where Thomastown really are. The jump between division 2-1 is massive! Fairplay to them for giving it a crack tho last night

If Leonardis is out for another long patch that could affect there season possibly.

I left at half time and scores were only around 20 points apart. Sounds like it blew out after that, but I thought Thomastown certainly looked like a very good division 2 side.

Let’s not forget the 40kms breeze.
Windswept ground & sterile atmosphere.
Build it up with another stand or 2 then might be ok for finals.
As opposed to Preston? Windswept, poor parking, average surface with cricket pitch, no lights.

But yes at this stage it’s simply not appropriate for finals in higher divisions due to the lack of viewing. D3 though should be held there. Far better than whittlesea, also a single club doesn’t get the advantage

As opposed to Preston? Windswept, poor parking, average surface with cricket pitch, no lights.

But yes at this stage it’s simply not appropriate for finals in higher divisions due to the lack of viewing. D3 though should be held there. Far better than whittlesea, also a single club doesn’t get the advantage
Division 3 play finals at Whittlesea. Not sure what you mean about getting an advantage

One of the best surfaces in the NFNL, great atmosphere at Whittlesea. Plenty of parking

Rather play finals there than at soulless Preston

Finals should be played at local grounds in my opinion.

Heidelberg, Whittlesea and Epping in my opinion for NFNL finals

Last edited:
Division 3 play finals at Whittlesea. Not sure what you mean about getting an advantage

One of the best surfaces in the NFNL, great atmosphere at Whittlesea. Plenty of parking

Rather play finals there than at soulless Preston

Finals should be played at local grounds in my opinion.

Heidelberg, Whittlesea and Epping in my opinion for NFNL finals
Talking about Whittlesea making $$$ that no other club can… personally I don’t rate the atmosphere at all, it’s virtually flat the entire way around. Has basically no decent shelter either.

Not to mention the surface has been poor the previous 2 grand finals, been muddy unfortunately.

I wonder after Eppings new surface if it will be used? Unfortunately very windy as well

They need to move on from Preston every finals series has been ruined by wind. Makes for a terrible spectacle.

Talking about Whittlesea making $$$ that no other club can… personally I don’t rate the atmosphere at all, it’s virtually flat the entire way around. Has basically no decent shelter either.

Not to mention the surface has been poor the previous 2 grand finals, been muddy unfortunately.

I wonder after Eppings new surface if it will be used? Unfortunately very windy as well

They need to move on from Preston every finals series has been ruined by wind. Makes for a terrible spectacle.
Not sure how many $$$ Whittlesea make from the final

Imagine a footy ground being muddy 🤦‍♂️ Easily one of the best surfaces in the NFNL. Any Division 3 final I have been to there has had a great atmosphere.

Epping too windy, maybe NFNL should lobby Etihad and see if we can play there, might make you happy @NFNL Legend

Where should the finals be played?

Imagine a footy ground being muddy 🤦‍♂️ Easily one of the best surfaces in the NFNL. Any Division 3 final I have been to there has had a great atmosphere.

Epping too windy, maybe NFNL should lobby Etihad and see if we can play there, might make you happy @NFNL Legend

Why not binnak park ?
Might be good with the new grandstand and facilities. Either keep it at PCO or Whit if not. I like PCO. i think the atmosphere is pretty good.. but that just might be me

Why not binnak park ?
Might be good with the new grandstand and facilities. Either keep it at PCO or Whit if not. I like PCO. i think the atmosphere is pretty good.. but that just might be me

Binnak Park, really. No parking, and there hasn’t been a senior game played on it.

Have seen under 17 footy player there and it seems a very small ground. From memory it chopped up pretty badly as well.

I am happy with PCO and Whittlesea.

Back in that day some good finals played at Warringal park as well.

From the canteen and bar.

Where should finals be played?

Division 1 - Eltham. Has everything, can he closed off to force paid entry, rarely windy

D2 - Heidelberg

D3 - Heidelberg, Eltham?

I know it’s changed a bit but how good would this be in a final?

C9F48696-0DA2-46C3-B82F-3F5161A6CEE1.jpeg

Last edited:
From the canteen and bar.

Where should finals be played?

Division 1 - Eltham. Has everything, can he closed off to force paid entry, rarely windy

D2 - Heidelberg

D3 - Heidelberg, Eltham?

I know it’s changed a bit but how good would this be in a final?

View attachment 1343142

does the league have any say in playing at rmit?

no grandstand i know.. but grounds massive, HEAPS of parking.. actually now that i think about it probably not given how open it is to get in..

stay at pco, it does the goods i reckon 🤞🏾

Agree with Eltham being an awesome venue for finals

Heidelberg would need to sort out their surface first before it's an option

I think it probably should stay at PCO for Div 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D3 thread said 4 goals?

there was no scoreboard but i’d have to say it was about 30-35 scoring shots to 10-15

dominated play completely having about 10 players out although south had 1 or 2 as well.

thomastown apparnetly had a shit ton out as well in there game but if they stay healthy they could be there abouts grand final time.

where abouts are templestow in there league. what’s the division difference

Div 2 eastern which is actually div 3 with the divisions going premier,div1,div2,div3,div4
Templestowe only won 1 game last season but have had a tremendous influx of quality footballers. They will be very strong this season

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back