NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends what you judge it on.

In terms of playing surface/size it’s good but not the best… Mernda probably have that wrapped up.

Mernda is a shocker. Cant see the other side of the ground from the wings.

Feels so manufactured there too.

Best grounds in the league for mine are Eltham, Diamo, Heidelberg, Watsonia (Binnak), Northcote and Epping.

Worst are Greensborough, Montmorency, Banyule (pre being worked on)

Best grounds in the league for mine are Eltham, Diamo, Heidelberg, Watsonia (Binnak), Northcote and Epping.

Talking about purely size and quality of ground. The rest of the facility is average.

Ah yep forgot about Epping, fantastic size and ground.

Heidelberg - it's a shocking ground does not hold water that flash. Good ground to watch but that's it

Eltham is the best facility and ground is awesome as well, maybe 10-15m wider would be ideal for seniors.

Which Mernda ground are you talking about? The lower one is a fantastic.

Banyule could easily win this once done.
I went to Mernda and watched my mate play cricket and there were balls jumping at them in the field. It also blows a gale.
Since west have done there ground I’ve always found that a good surface just terrible to get too.

Talking about purely size and quality of ground. The rest of the facility is average.

Ah yep forgot about Epping, fantastic size and ground.
Did anyone notice that when the Epping ground was redone, it was shortened by 9 meters.
Its now 150 meters long. Still a good surface though.

Eltham sit 3rd overall for Division 1 Premierships behind Heidelberg and Greensborough on 8, with their 6 Division 2 Premierships being the most for any side. Plenty of other clubs would be envious of that history.

Obviously been a long time between drinks in Division 1, but clubs have lean periods even at AFL level.
They have won 2 division 2 premiershis in the last 22 years and there last division 1 premiships was about 50 years ago.
That's beyond a lean period. That's plain and simply just bad, for such a good club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came back from a broken leg so not surprised. Clubs pay outrageous money for ruckman that’s just the way it is.
They do. But you are correct, he came back from injury, put on weight and really struggled. So training once a week is a bit of a worry. No Div 1 team is paying him anywhere near that.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back