NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Id love to get insight on why some of you are so high on south morang,
there a team that’s coming up from division 3..
every team has strengthened in this division besides let’s say obviously epping and u could say lower plenty..

yes they have picked up some players as well but
i don’t see them finishing personally anywhere above 8th with lower and epping behind them

i think they’ll be competitive for most parts of games but like most teams like them fade out in games and get punished with lapses.

no hate, genuine question and would like to know your guys thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I have them above Lower, Watsonia and Epping.

Only confident they finish above Epping.

They are a good side with plenty of depth winning the reserves GF and decent 19s

Watsonia have lost a couple including potter to South Morang.

every team has strengthened in this division besides let’s say obviously epping and u could say lower plenty..

i don’t see them finishing personally anywhere above 8th with lower and epping behind them

i think they’ll be competitive for most parts of games but like most teams like them fade out in games and get punished with lapses.

I agree with you I watched them a few times last year I think the will get caught out defensivily on the out side of a contest as the do no defend the lose outlet player and do not defend the corridor properly. by that I mean they do not hold any width on the outside to protect the corridor a a 45 switch kick as they all collapse to the contest . Just my observation

Lower may have lost a few, but you would still think they would be competitive. 🤞🏻Epping have almost a new team completely will be interesting to see how they go, to say they haven’t strengthened is a big statement to make. Yes South Morang have recruited with uncertainty on how they will go with the step up in divisions.

To many people predicting very early……..

Lower may have lost a few, but you would still think they would be competitive. 🤞🏻Epping have almost a new team completely will be interesting to see how they go, to say they haven’t strengthened is a big statement to make. Yes South Morang have recruited with uncertainty on how they will go with the step up in divisions.

What statement are Epping gonna make? They'll be lucky to win a game.

That’s the point of big footy 😆

Lower look like they’ll struggle. Zero depth last year relying on Past Players to help out. Lost a bunch of their starters to other clubs and retirees as well.

What statement are Epping gonna make? They'll be lucky to win a game.

Didn’t say Epping are going to make a statement I was referring to James post
However they could surprise, don’t know a lot about their recruits but they do have a lot of new players.

Didn’t say Epping are going to make a statement I was referring to James post
emoji23.png

However they could surprise, don’t know a lot about their recruits but they do have a lot of new players.
Besides Lirosi and 1 guy who played seniors at West Meadows the rest look to be reserves players.

They’ll be worse than last year.

Besides Lirosi and 1 guy who played seniors at West Meadows the rest look to be reserves players.

They’ll be worse than last year.

Do you have a inside word? or is that just your opinion?
I’ve looked up a few of them stats wise and most of their recruits have senior experience. Just not in the NFNL…..

Panther seem to be having a strong off season. 50+ at a camp is very good for any club.

Their reserves will win the flag by 200.. Seniors? who knows but im really not sure who challenges. I think Diamo has lost a few.

I agree they have had a strong off season, hopefully it doesn’t break the bank

Strong word is lower is struggling to get a 2s side together... Not a great position to be in a couple of weeks out from practice matches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong word is lower is struggling to get a 2s side together... Not a great position to be in a couple of weeks out from practice matches
Struggled last year playing 65+ players in their 2s many old names filling in.

Haven’t recruited and lost a bunch plus retirees not on the transfer page.

Going to be a long year down there.

Struggled last year playing 65+ players in their 2s many old names filling in.

Haven’t recruited and lost a bunch plus retirees not on the transfer page.

Going to be a long year down there.

Plunkett may regret not following up the interest from Mont when Ramsay pulled the pin, sounds like a tough 2023 coming up

Billy Reardon to outer east as well, played most to the year in the seniors.
10571z lots of experience leaving the Bears
Games played in 2022
White - 14
Elliott - 17
Reardon - 25
D Barden - 18
B Barden - 16
Duckworth - 6
Keys - 19
Paterson - 15
Sleep - 20
Not often you see 9 senior players leave a club, something definitely amiss at the Lower Bears, going to be a tough 2023 for them

10571z lots of experience leaving the Bears
Games played in 2022
White - 14
Elliott - 17
Reardon - 25
D Barden - 18
B Barden - 16
Duckworth - 6
Keys - 19
Paterson - 15
Sleep - 20
Not often you see 9 senior players leave a club, something definitely amiss at the Lower Bears, going to be a tough 2023 for them
Not to mention thats alot of goals leaving the team from 2022.

B Barden - 43
T Keys - 40
C Sleep - 29
B Paterson - 16
A White - 9

Reliance on Wallace who is only 2 years outside of under 19s and Zapantis who no doubt South Morang would be having their eye on getting back to the club being a junior from there.

Not to mention thats alot of goals leaving the team from 2022.

B Barden - 43
T Keys - 40
C Sleep - 29
B Paterson - 16
A White - 9

Reliance on Wallace who is only 2 years outside of under 19s and Zapantis who no doubt South Morang would be having their eye on getting back to the club being a junior from there.
They posted Zapantis signed.

Obviously clearances shows some but still plenty of regular seniors not posted as signed? Meale, Naismith, Iozzi, Blake, Lynch etc

Have these guys retired or just havent been posted by the club?

When you look at the goals out could they realistically get relegated?

Obviously clearances shows some but still plenty of regular seniors not posted as signed? Meale, Naismith, Iozzi, Blake, Lynch etc

Epping are still the worst team in D2 by a country mile. LP are safe

lower comfortably beats epping by 10 goals still.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back