Samuel Parks – Panton Hill
Scott Conte – Panton Hill
Stephen McIntyre – Kilmore
Thomas O’Neill – Old Eltham Collegians
Tim Duckworth – Panton Hill
Tye Hall – South Morang
Tyson Sparkes – Mernda
William Ratje – Laurimar

Heard Ben Curtiss from lalor retiring? Still young and playing good footy how come?
Thanks for the comment 🙏🏼

I’m actually 31, the body is telling me it’s time mate finding it hard to keep fit and get up for each week.

Also factoring in this way I get to go out on my terms rather than being forced out again by the league.

Will no doubt have itchy feet next year but am comfortable with my decision.

No reason for 18 games again. I thought 16 was great. Season drags on otherwise.

8 teams
Play 2 others 3 times (is that correct?)

Do it on ladder position
How does it drag on? There’s always been 18 rounds. There’s always going to be 18 rounds, so the length of the season doesn’t change at all. It’s just instead of a bye you play. Same as Div 1.

How does it drag on? There’s always been 18 rounds. There’s always going to be 18 rounds, so the length of the season doesn’t change at all. It’s just instead of a bye you play. Same as Div 1.
I more meant 16 games. Byes are good especially in division 3. Blokes can go away, get a rest and it’s easier for the clubs $$

easier for the clubs $$$ short term but how does it help their transition into a higher division which has 18 games????
Well if you jump a division i suppose you’ll just have to renegotiate with players and raise more money regardless . But for every other club who doesn’t go up 16 games and plenty of breaks is great for clubs and players.

easier for the clubs $$$ short term but how does it help their transition into a higher division which has 18 games????
Saving $10-12k across a season helps long-term, short-term and volunteer reliance... That's the conservative figure you'd need to raise on top due to 2 extra matches. I can assure you, that profit does not come from 1 extra home match.

Is going up a division without a bank behind you a better option... Actually think having 18 rounds is a huge detriment to clubs at lower divisions on lots of levels including weekly player payments that have a slight advantage when not divided by 18 rounds. The extra $800 a week can be used very wisely (excluding coaches, medics, NFNL fees which could be upwards of an extra $4k dependant of agreements and age groups participating)

Well if you jump a division i suppose you’ll just have to renegotiate with players and raise more money regardless . But for every other club who doesn’t go up 16 games and plenty of breaks is great for clubs and players.
The commitment levels are reduced at lower levels, 16 rounds helps with a point of difference for players and admin staff.

How the hell did South Morang make the GF? Mustve been a massive choke by Laurimar.

From what I see, injures weren’t really an issue until the last 6-7 weeks, they had a healthy list when winning but they still weren’t smashing teams so a few injuries later and then going into the finals missing 6+ older senior players/heads and then playing the prelim with 11 players U19 including 3 U/17 players and to loose by less than 2 goals each game was actually a pretty good effort I’d say and far from a choke.

From what I see, injures weren’t really an issue until the last 6-7 weeks, they had a healthy list when winning but they still weren’t smashing teams so a few injuries later and then going into the finals missing 6+ older senior players/heads and then playing the prelim with 11 players U19 including 3 U/17 players and to loose by less than 2 goals each game was actually a pretty good effort I’d say and far from a choke.
Who are the 6+ older heads that missed the prelim? I see you had 3-4 guys that had only played under 5 senior games, but the rest of the side played majority seniors. Looking at how young Morangs side was aswell. It is borderline choking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are the 6+ older heads that missed the prelim? I see you had 3-4 guys that had only played under 5 senior games, but the rest of the side played majority seniors. Looking at how young Morangs side was aswell. It is borderline choking
Id imagine

Fwds
Williamson
Golby
King

Mid
Deed
Moloney-Salvador

Backs
Dennis
Richards

in terms of youth you had
Walker, Lawson, Leather, Frawley, Stewart, Murray, Kotas, Wesley, J.House, S.House, Di Pietro. who all are under 19s.

Unhappy with the result on the weekend but extremely excited for the future with these young blokes.

Whos stiff to miss out?

Who makes the final cut?

Alex Colaidis – South Morang
Ben Cooney – Kilmore
Ben Curtiss – Lalor
Ben Muscat – South Morang
Brad Dimech – Mernda
Brent Ryan – Panton Hill
Chris Ryall – Kilmore
Daniel Freeman – Panton Hill
Demetrios Constantinou – Lalor
Jacson Cecil – Laurimar
Jake Richards – Laurimar
James Hewson – South Morang
Jarryd Coulson – Heidelberg West
Jaxson Kinnear – Kilmore
Jeremy Topham – Kilmore
Joel McLellan – Panton Hill
Josh Delaney – Mernda
Josh Williamson – Laurimar
Kieran Malone – Old Eltham Collegians
Leigh Irons – Kilmore
Luke Shelton – South Morang
Mark Mura – Laurimar
Masaki Miki – Heidelberg West
Matthew Byron – Panton Hill
Michael Brennan – Laurimar
Mitch Anderson – Panton Hill
Mitchell Thompson – Laurimar
Nathan Hendry – Panton Hill
Nick Snowdon – Old Eltham Collegians
Rhys Boyden – Panton Hill
Sam Rexhepi – Lalor
Samuel McDowell – Reservoir
Samuel Parks – Panton Hill
Scott Conte – Panton Hill
Stephen McIntyre – Kilmore
Thomas O’Neill – Old Eltham Collegians
Tim Duckworth – Panton Hill
Tye Hall – South Morang
Tyson Sparkes – Mernda
William Ratje – Laurimar
When do they pick the final squad??

Looks like someone more in the know has answered your question, no doubt most Div 3 are young, I’m just comparing apple with apples mate and you take 5-6 senior players out of any side at this level and replace them with all young blokes is going to have an impact, hence why I believe it’s no choke and a good effort, kudos to the young fellas and look forward to see them develop together.
Well done to SM, especially after the erratic start to their season, they’ve hit their straps at the right time of the year and have some really good players running around, credit where credit is due and we’ll done to Laurimar also, especially their young fellas (half their side) future looks good.
A bit of positivity never hurt anyone mate 👍

I’m actually 31, the body is telling me it’s time mate finding it hard to keep fit and get up for each week.

Also factoring in this way I get to go out on my terms rather than being forced out again by the league.

Well done on a fantastic career Benny! Hopefully end on a high note and take out the lalor best and fairest

Will never forget your effort and determination in the 2015 grand final, all the best legend!

Coburg Districts have announced their coach.

It’s not Desi.
What?

pOpOtAm was all over this from a while back too ... guess he had the first bit right (Desi got speared), obviously missed the mark here, but he should redeem himself with the next Mernda appointment

As the great wordsmith Meatloaf once sang - 2 outa 3 aint bad :p

Panton Hill should be too good for Morang Saturday and should have control of the midfield but you never know what side of the bed south wake up on. PH by 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back